shape
carat
color
clarity

December proposals?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
My BF graduates with his Bachelor degree in December, and he has *really* strongly hinted he will propose soon after, so I''m hoping for Christmas or New Year''s Eve or so. Okay, ''hoping'' is the understatement of the year. More accurately, I am going cross-eyed thinking surely it will be Christmas/New Year''s.
30.gif

Anyone think they might get proposed to around Christmas? I know a few of you LIWs are expecting it around Thanksgiving. Maybe our list will be a lot shorter by 2010!
9.gif

(LIW has been a little slow, just trying to start some conversation... even off-topic replies would be great since I am BORED!)

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking a late November early December proposal is a big possibility at the moment.

I have kind of turned my BF into a man in waiting, he''s been ready for a while but I told him I didn''t want to be engaged untill we''d moved out of my Parents house (long story) and I wouldn''t have the time or energy to find another place and move untill my uni term is finnished (In two weeks). So.....at the end of october we should have started looking for a place.

Then there''s all the important dates coming up: Our anniversary in late November, I have my uni graduation in December, then there''s Christmas and New Years. He says he has a plan so we''ll see.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m bored too.

We don''t celebrate Christmas (Jewish) and New Year''s is pretty un-interesting to both of us. We usually sit up watching movies or something and then laugh at the sad attempt at fireworks they try to do around here.

This winter is out for a proposal so I know to not get my hopes up for a romantic snowy proposal.

Hoping for lots of LIWs to get their proposals this winter.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 5:02:42 PM
Author:crossmyfingers
My BF graduates with his Bachelor degree in December, and he has *really* strongly hinted he will propose soon after, so I''m hoping for Christmas or New Year''s Eve or so. Okay, ''hoping'' is the understatement of the year. More accurately, I am going cross-eyed thinking surely it will be Christmas/New Year''s.
30.gif

Anyone think they might get proposed to around Christmas? I know a few of you LIWs are expecting it around Thanksgiving. Maybe our list will be a lot shorter by 2010!
9.gif

(LIW has been a little slow, just trying to start some conversation... even off-topic replies would be great since I am BORED!)
It has been really slow hasn''t it? My list position has been unusually stangnant lately as well.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 5:19:47 PM
Author: TooPatient
I''m bored too.

We don''t celebrate Christmas (Jewish) and New Year''s is pretty un-interesting to both of us. We usually sit up watching movies or something and then laugh at the sad attempt at fireworks they try to do around here.

This winter is out for a proposal so I know to not get my hopes up for a romantic snowy proposal.

Well it will be summer time for me
10.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/12/2009 5:22:26 PM
Author: 4ever

I''m bored too.

10.gif

Any particular event coming up this summer?

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
4ever, you have all kinds of opportunities coming up! I bet it''ll be soon! Dust! :)

And TooPatient, any idea when he might propose if not this winter?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/12/2009 5:42:07 PM
Author: crossmyfingers
4ever, you have all kinds of opportunities coming up! I bet it''ll be soon! Dust! :)

And TooPatient, any idea when he might propose if not this winter?

I have dropped several big hints/reminders of events coming up. My birthday in March. Our 6th anniversary in May.

I know it won''t be until I am done with my conversion. I think it would just be the best day ever if he proposed the same day I go to the mikvah & bet dien. (not sure of a date yet)

I suspect it won''t be that soon though. He hasn''t bought a ring and finances are a bit tight right now and likely to get even worse for awhile.

We did talk this weekend. He didn''t want to give me a timeline. I suggested that within one year of my finishing my conversion should be more than enough time to get an ring and propose. He agreed that it was plenty of time. (I REALLY don''t want to wait another year though. Especially since I feel strongly about an engagement period of at least a year.)

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Add me to the bored list! Anyway, my BF is getting his Bachelor''s in December too! However I''m not too hopeful for a proposal just get as he will probably continue on to grad school, but I suppose there''s a 0.001% chance he may surprise me...
39.gif

I''m really hoping for a bunch of Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years proposals (and you know there will be lots!) becaue I feel like I''ve been stuck in the mid-20''s FOREVER.

Good luck to you ladies.
36.gif

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
I am hoping for December too. He has the ring and has had a day planned to propose for ages now.

The 17th is our anniversary, and then there is Christmas and New Years. However it could also happen on my birthday at the end of October, or on the 2nd January. I am pretty sure it will happen before March anyway.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 5:29:00 PM

Date: 10/12/2009 5:22:26 PM
Author: 4ever

I''m bored too.

10.gif

Any particular event coming up this summer?
Several real events but also the first time since I turned 5 that I wont be in full time education because I will be finnished uni! Only a coupke of weeks to go now!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure about December, but there''s a definite possibility of Thanksgiving...we''ll be with FF''s family in his hometown, surrounded by all the people who mean the world to him and have all been very wonderful to me.

He knows I''m opposed to a Holiday proposal, so I don''t expect it *on* Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, or Vday...

After Thanksgiving, my next best guesses are during the Cherry Blossom Festival (we''re in the DC area) or when we take a trip for our 2-year anniversary in June.

Agreed that the forum has been pretty slow...will have to go out and find some LIW-type questions to post!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sure it''s not going to happen this year for me, but lots of *dust* to the rest!

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
I''m hoping we''ll be engaged by the end of the year, myself! FF told me yesterday that, "it''ll be sooner than think, but not as soon as [I''d] like it", meaning before the end of the year, but not today, LOL!

We shall see!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I have a feeling it won''t happen for us until the early part of 2010... so until then... lots of dust for those of you thinking it will be in the next few months!

Skychick

Rough_Rock
I don''t seem to be making any progress lately. But, I have managed to stop obsessing and just enjoy my time with him. I really don''t want to think back about this time and realize how crazy I was making myself (and him). So, when it happens, it happens...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have my daughter on the LIW list. They started dating last January and talk about the future started very early. She''s very lucky because he pretty much told her what he was thinking the entire time! He has made a comment about dating for around a year before getting engaged, so I am thinking Dec. or Jan. may be the time. I hope it is not later than that, because she''ll start getting a little crazy if she has to wait longer than that! I am a little worried that if he waits until after the holidays that she might be disappointed all through the holidays. He did take her to look at settings last month (his idea), so he knows what she likes! I thought that was a very good sign! He''s really a nice guy, so I feel sure the timing will work out fine!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Well, my bf voluntarily (and unexpectedly) gave me a pretty good timeline last week. I had told him that under no circumstance did I want him to go into any debt for this ring, and so he''ll be waiting for his tax refund to get me an e-ring. So I''m guessing maybe March or so is when I might get a proposal. But we''ll just have to wait and see! But at least I''m not anxious about it and I know he''s serious about me, so that definitely helps me from getting overcooked.

Dust to everyone who needs (or wants) it!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
I guess December''s a possibility for me, but not really too concerned about exactly when it''ll be. The full budget is saved-up, and we''re going to look at diamonds on Saturday, so it''s really a matter of when I find *the one*!
21.gif
I''m driving myself a little bonkers trying to make sure I won''t: a) fall in love with every stone I see
20.gif
; and b) get too caught up in the logistics - the BF is more of the ''all of these stones are within budget, the most important thing is finding something you love!'' mindset, and I''m more of the ''holy *$&% this is a lot of money, we have to make sure we''re getting a fair deal!!'' mindset. BF has said that he''s not going to be able to hold onto the ring for long once it''s completed before proposing, and when I tell him that I know roughly how long it would take to complete the custom setting, he says "O, but DO you??
31.gif
" haha! Whenever it happens will be the perfect time, methinks
2.gif
Now if only I can stop trying to prepare for this first round of diamond-viewing, I really need to study!!
29.gif
9.gif

****DUST**** to all!!
1.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
A proposal by the end of the year is possible for me too. My BF refuses to give me a timeline because he said it would ruin it, but told me it was coming (just to keep me sane). He just started working two weeks ago (after being out of work for 6 months), so I am guessing it will take him at least 2 to 3 months to put the ring together. Of course I know nothing about that either. He insists on doing this the old fashion way.

But all the right things are happening. He just moved to another state for our relationship, so I know that things are moving the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results