shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions about father/daughter dance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
My father died of a brain tumor when I was 13 and I am lucky enough to have a wonderful stepfather. I''d like to do a dance with my stepfather but I''d also like to do something to honor my father. I really want the song ''My Little Girl'' by Tim McGraw played at some point in memory of my dad but I"m not sure how to go about it. Any ideas?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry for your loss. Maybe you could dance with your mom during the special song, and have the DJ introduce it in memory of your father? I'd do it somewhere in the middle of it all...that is, if you want to dance to it. Otherwise maybe you could do it before or after toasts?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 10:02:23 PM
Author: mayachel
I''m sorry for your loss. Maybe you could dance with your mom during the special song, and have the DJ introduce it in memory of your father? I''d do it somewhere in the middle of it all...that is, if you want to dance to it. Otherwise maybe you could do it before or after toasts?

I echo your sentiments, and agree about dancing with your mom...I think that''s a wonderful testament to your dad.

To not have too many "watch other people dance" songs, perhaps during your dance with your mom, you could ask partway through for all fathers and daughters in attendance to join you, also in memory of your dad?

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for you suggestions! They''re great! Someone else also suggested a slide show with pictures of him and I and my mom (and then me and my future husband at the end), possibly doing it right around dinner time when people are siting down anyway.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Author: vc10um
To not have too many ''watch other people dance'' songs, perhaps during your dance with your mom, you could ask partway through for all fathers and daughters in attendance to join you, also in memory of your dad?

Great Idea VC!
36.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/10/2009 2:51:17 PM

To not have too many ''watch other people dance'' songs, perhaps during your dance with your mom, you could ask partway through for all fathers and daughters in attendance to join you, also in memory of your dad?

Great Idea VC!
36.gif

Ditto! I love the idea of dedicating a dance to all the fathers and daughters in honor of your late father. I think that could be really special.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 10:18:58 PM
Date: 10/9/2009 10:02:23 PM

I''m sorry for your loss. Maybe you could dance with your mom during the special song, and have the DJ introduce it in memory of your father? I''d do it somewhere in the middle of it all...that is, if you want to dance to it. Otherwise maybe you could do it before or after toasts?

I echo your sentiments, and agree about dancing with your mom...I think that''s a wonderful testament to your dad.

Such a beautiful idea!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results