shape
carat
color
clarity

show me your leon mege ring boxes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I don''t understand what the big deal is. He''s spending his time making amazing jewelry, not shopping for boxes. Sending the rings out in plastic baggies just means he''s a craftsman, not a marketer. Would you prefer lesser craftsmanship presented in a fancier box? I sure wouldn''t.

If you want a nice box, you can buy one.

Blinginator

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 9:44:38 PM
Author: glitterata
I don't understand what the big deal is. He's spending his time making amazing jewelry, not shopping for boxes. Sending the rings out in plastic baggies just means he's a craftsman, not a marketer. Would you prefer lesser craftsmanship presented in a fancier box? I sure wouldn't.

I agree. In my situation, I really hoped for a nice box from Leon because I received my ring literally just in time for the proposal. I ended up getting the red velvet one that was pictured earlier in this thread (ring was completed April 2009).

In the end, the GF didn't even notice the box during the proposal, and now it's tucked away in some drawer never to be seen again. I admit that a plastic bag would have really been bad in my situation. However, I went with Leon knowing I would not get a nice ring box and I had plenty of time to look for another one--I actually considered having a custom wood box made for about $200 but decided it wasn't worth the cost. I'm really glad I didn't because that box would be in the same spot where the red velvet box sits, in the back of some drawer.

On the contrary, if I had to do it all over again, I would have purchased one of those cheap white leather boxes with the built in LED light. I think I saw them for no more than $20 at a couple places on the net. The red velvet box just wasn't my cup of tea.

Also, any costs associated with a fancier ring box just ends up getting passed along to the customer with a mark up. Kind of a lose-lose situation in my opinion. Makes me wonder if customers would be willing to pay more for a nice Leon box if he offered it as an option, like +$100 or whetever it would be to make the box plus his mark up.

Would you as a customer be willing to pay that amount? I think it would depend on how the box looked of course but I bet a decent amount of people out here would probably not buy it.

Details of my ring and proposal here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-cushion-brilliant-2-01-1-10-ratio-g-vs2.119815/

Trinity Creation

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 11:54:44 PM
Author: heb1976
Here is an actual Leon box belonging to Snooper. When I received my rings from Leon in June of 08 they came in a generic cheap velvet black box. The new ones seem to be an upgrade!
3.gif
When I asked Leon if I could have one of his signature boxes he said that he only uses them when someone buys one of his available for purchase rings. He also said he only started using the cheap black boxes because so many people complained about the baggy!
6.gif
heb1976 that is soooo FUNNY!!!
emsmile.gif

I was dissapointed when I got TIFFANY''S ring box. I thought the plain navy blue was pretty crappy. Not like those other high-end jewlery boxes like Harry Winston and Garrad''s that have 2 flaps that open from the center!!

Trinity Creation

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 9:44:38 PM
Author: glitterata
I don''t understand what the big deal is. He''s spending his time making amazing jewelry, not shopping for boxes. Sending the rings out in plastic baggies just means he''s a craftsman, not a marketer. Would you prefer lesser craftsmanship presented in a fancier box? I sure wouldn''t.

We want high quality AND a fancy box, or we can buy elsewhere. That is competition and capitalism.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results