shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to Hold Written Vows???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ProseCuter

Rough_Rock
FI and I are going to use vows we''ve written ourselves, but I''m trying to figure out how/where to carry the 3 x 5 card I have mine written on. Any suggestions?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh! Good question!

*listens*

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
At my friend''s wedding this summer, she gave hers to the officiant to hold and he handed them off when it was her turn.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
My husband carried the folded paper with our vows written on it in the inside pocket of his tux jacket. His vows were written on one side and mine were written on the other side, so he just handed the paper off to me when it was my turn to read. It worked out pretty well. But, having the officiant hold it, like someone above mentioned, is a good idea too.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Tucked in one of my girls. Nobody noticed where I whipped it out from.
3.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 5:35:34 PM
Author: havernell
My husband carried the folded paper with our vows written on it in the inside pocket of his tux jacket. His vows were written on one side and mine were written on the other side, so he just handed the paper off to me when it was my turn to read. It worked out pretty well. But, having the officiant hold it, like someone above mentioned, is a good idea too.

Love this idea!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of writing them on the same paper, but neither of us would be good about not reading what the other person wrote...so they''d have to be on separate sheets! The officiant holding it was a great idea!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I once carried tissues tucked in my bouquet when I was a bridesmaid, in case I got emotional...I imagine it could work with vows, too, depending on the relative sizes of the bouquet and the card with the vows on it!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 3:23:48 PM
Author: stephbolt
At my friend''s wedding this summer, she gave hers to the officiant to hold and he handed them off when it was her turn.

This is what we plan on doing. We are going to try and remember them off my heart, but I think in the emotion and excitement of it all, we are likely to forget them.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The officiant is a good idea. Or maybe have your groomsmen/bridesmaid hold them for you and hand it to you when the time comes.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a good MOH duty to me! Maybe she could hand them to you when she takes your bouquet to hold?

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Our officiant held our vows for us - we gave them to her just before the ceremony, and she tucked them into her ceremony folder. She passed them to each of us when it was time to use them. It worked very well for us. I MIGHT have been able to tuck the card in the bosom of my dress, but that space was occupied by a wad of tissues. As for people not noticing you reaching there for something..... our photographer caught me on camera reaching in for my tissues. I thought I was quick, but not fast enough apparently! It''s a hilarious photo, though - teary eyes, sheepish smile because I was aware people might notice what I was doing, and thumb/index finger searching for their target in my cleavage...

Anyway, if the vows aren''t a surprise, FI can tuck them in his jacket. If you''d rather not worry about him forgetting them or seeing them, have your officiant carry them. I''d avoid storing them in your bosom.
2.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2009 5:35:34 PM
Author: havernell

This was exactly what we did. Great idea to have the officiant hold it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results