clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 4:36:36 PM
Author: Mara
congrats Jcrow!!! how exciting.
2.gif

mand...this guy just seems to LOVE the left side. he is always there. it makes the ligament pain worse on the left sometimes, my poor uterus is prob all unbalanced now. i am hoping he will move up too...there''s room up there NOW...but guess we''ll see. some mom''s tell me well at least he''s not kicking under your ribs...YET.

Oh yeah...rib kicks. Let''s see...since I get both (having one baby up and one down), I''ll tell you my thoughts on those.... I really think I prefer rib kicks rather than cervical/bladder kicks. I mean, *if* I had to choose
2.gif
. Rib pain hurts, but it doesn''t catch you completely unprepared because there is constant pressure. Bladder kicks though, those are unpredictable and evil
11.gif

Re: being unbalanced. Both of my babies prefer the right side of my body. You would think they would utilize all the real estate available to them!...nah, not them, they are snuggled up on the right side. I thought maybe laying on my left side all the time would encourage them to move to the other side...but it doesn''t really...they curl up in a ball on the right side, holding on for dear life to their precious desired location! hehehe

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats J Crow!
scratch0.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I tried to talk to the school nurse about H1N1 today, but she kept going on a diatribe about the virus in general, not how many cases we have had or how it affects me/pregnant women. Her friend was in the clinic with her and kept saying, "Well, I think she''s asking specifically about the cases we''ve had . . ." but it didn''t seem to help. Luckily I received a call from Human Resources in the middle of it and used that as an excuse to leave. So yes, we have had confirmed cases, 12 or 13, but every day 30 or 40 kids call in sick with flu like symptoms, and every day she sends kids home with temperatures. Some doctors aren''t confirming what kind of flu kids have because they''re putting them on Tamiflu either way, so it''s hard to know. But mostly she just began lecturing me on the flu in general, which wasn''t really helpful. Yeah, I''ve been reading up on it, thanks!

I guess the thing is, I''m wondering if my doctor isn''t a little too conservative to be considering pulling me from work. My baby is fully cooked and we can go in and get her if I catch the flu. What about the women in their first and second trimesters? I think they would be the ones we should be worrying about before we worry about someone who is 36.5 weeks. There are two other pregnant teachers that I know of right now (2nd trimester, I think), and they''re still working.

Still, I am totally open to using this an excuse to take off any time after October 13 if I feel like a big slug! That''s how far I have to make it to have enough leave to take off through the end of January. My due date is the 22nd, so this gives me some leeway.

Also, I called HR and confirmed that, indeed, starting leave early for any reason just means I have fewer days after she''s born. So if the doctor wants to pull me, I''m going to ask to stay in until as close to the 13th as possible. I really don''t want to have to come back until 2nd semester.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Just coming out of lurkdom to say hi to everyone!
35.gif

I''ve been incredibly busy and STILL haven''t caught up on reading this post. Don''t think I ever will. I just feel so bad when I see posters replying to so many ppl, and I have nary a clue as to where to jump in, lol!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and that you all are doing well. I LUV LUV LUV all your belly pics! Can''t wait till I have some to share.... So far it''s just a teeny bump!

As far as what''s up with my pregnancy so far? I''ll be 6 weeks on Wednesday. I feel further along than that though. I started feeling my symptoms very early, and I can feel the pulling and stretching almost every day. No nausea yet, but I know it''s early for that still. I went for my second set of betas today and will have my results tomorrow evening.

On my last ultrasound at 11 dpo my doc saw a cyst and wanted to make sure that it''s "decreasing in size?" He said it''s not uncommon for cysts to be present a short while after conception, but that it should be shrinking, or at least not growing. He wants to make sure that he can see the embryo and yolk sac, because he wants to rule out ectopic. I go for the ultrasound on Thursday. I''ll keep you posted.

So again, I AM here, just trying to get caught up, but been so busy, and don''t know which page to start from
40.gif

Hope everyone had a Marvelous Monday, and that it''s a great week for all!
35.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations JCrow!!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 4:36:36 PM
Author: Mara
this guy just seems to LOVE the left side. he is always there. it makes the ligament pain worse on the left sometimes, my poor uterus is prob all unbalanced now. i am hoping he will move up too...there''s room up there NOW...but guess we''ll see. some mom''s tell me well at least he''s not kicking under your ribs...YET.
Sophia loved my left side early on for some reason. She was always there. Then I remember feeling and seeing this wave across my belly. I guess she got tired of being on the left and made herself comfy on the right.

As for moving up, I felt that way too so that I could get some relief. That was until her butt would stick up so high that it made it difficult to breathe.

Pregnancy is fun...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
PG...it''s been a while since I read up so you might want to google but the last article I read said that they were mostly worried about 3rd tri Mom''s because of how taxed the body is at that point. Your lung capacity is dimished, your immune system is probably at it''s lowest point...they said that there was not AS much worry for 1st and 2nd tri Mom''s as their bodies weren''t quite in the same position just yet. Better apt to fight it off I guess. This was an article I read about a month or so ago.

It seemed like almost every article I read said that preggos in their 3rd tri who have gotten it have died and that the Mom''s were otherwise healthy other than being preggo (aka they were not all over a certain age or had any other reason that might compromise their systems). I also thought ''why don''t they go and get the baby''...but I don''t know all the medical discussion around it. So I would say don''t be overly paranoid, but if your Dr says to take off early...I would definitely think about it. Given how many people are getting sick in general, I am loving (not) that my 3rd tri will be right in the middle of winter and flu season.

re: kicks...right now I like them because he''s so small and I like feeling him. But oh yes I imagine very soon I will be crying, hahaa. And Mand..my bladder is a weak little thing anyway so it''s like extra torture if he decides to stay put! I also tried laying on my right side more (HAHA) to try to get him to move over...but so far NADA.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
jcrow, congratulations!

Mara, I think time moves to fast in general, and I''m in no rush to get through this. I''m excited for what''s to come, but want to be in each moment rather than looking ahead. I''m normally rush, rush, rush, but not with this.

Great news, Mandarine. I know you were joking about your husband, too bad I wasn''t joking about mine! Poor guy.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
YAY, J!!!!! I am SO excited, your baby is going to be ADORABLE!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 6:03:04 PM
Author: AmberWaves
YAY, J!!!!! I am SO excited, your baby is going to be ADORABLE!

aw, you''re so sweet!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone for the well wishes + warm welcome!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
RE: baby choosing one side over another, I experienced the same thing as Fiery, she started over on my right side, constantly with a round little dome pushing out. Now, though, she seems to be twirling around in there, waffling from side to side. I get the ripples from left to right like an underwater creature about to surface. Last night I decided to take a walk to Trader Joe's (that was an experience) and when I got home she was doing something that had her back/butt pushing out on my right side, and something COMPLETELY different pushing out on my left, looking like I ate a two foot sub whole and it came down sideways. It was really freaking painful. Later that night she rotated back to how she was before, butt pushing out from my abdomen, hands/head (she always has her hands up by her face) messing around in my bladder, I am constantly lopsided now, with one side always having her butt pushing out. I never thought I would feel actual PAIN from her moving around in there, but I guess she's running out of room or something, because she's scraping internal organs in there, I can feel it! The worst is when she's right behind my belly button, pushing out again. That hurts the most.

ETA: I had my first delivery dream last night. Shia LeBouf was in the hospital with me (?), not my DH. I also fell asleep and woke up already having had the baby. For some reason I kept wanting to call her Stella, and also kept asking the doc if she was still a girl. I was really sad because when I was filling out my hospital food order form I forgot to check "cupcake" for dessert, so I was pretty upset about that. I guess that shows my views on childbirth- easy enough to sleep through?

ETA2: We have all tile in our place, does anyone else have this? What should I do for floor covering??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
amber and other late-term moms.....random Q but when she was doing the subway sandwich thing ... if you pushed on her on either end would she typically move? is it ok to even do that?? i have been wondering for when i am sure he will be poking out here or there if i pressed lightly do they typically shy away from the touch and get back into position, or are they like ''whatever mom!'' and stay put??

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats JCrow!!

Mara- I have definitely given the baby a gentle poke or prod when I can see/feel little parts pressing out, and she will move around. It''s fun. DH always tells me to stop though because "I could be poking her in the eye"
20.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I almost always poke her! When she''s in a very painful position, I''ll manually try to shift her over a little bit. Usually she''ll "humor" me and move, even for a little bit. When it''s not exactly painful, I will give a little tap or drum my fingers on her butt (she''s head down) and she''ll go "under". And yeah, I totally give her a nudge, too! Sometimes she''ll give back, it''s awesome.
30.gif

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Wondering if any of the new moms are lurking around..I have a question. Did any of you feel that the baby got really active before birth? Could there be a correlation? I''ve heard that they actually slow down a bit, but MAN OH MAN has she been kicking the crap out of me today and it just feels like she''s saying "let me OUT of here!!!!" She seems so much stronger today than even just yesterday.

Today is 38 weeks and 4 days, and as of Friday I was 2cm dialated and 50% effaced. Unfortunately, doc says she is "sunny side up", so I''ve been doing all these exercises to try to get her to flip over and face my back. Doc says she can try to turn her manually if she hasn''t flipped when I go into labor, but otherwise it will mean a harder and more painful labor. Eek. I was thinking she may stay put for a while, but today I''m thinking it may be sooner than I had expected. Double eek. All set to go, though. Bag is packed, car seat is installed, etc.

Speaking of car seats , I know there was some discussion re: car seats and car size lately. I was FLOORED when we put the seat in this weekend! I have a small SUV (Saturn VUE) and the Maxi Cosi Mico takes up ALL the space between the back seat and passenger seat! As in, anyone in the passenger seat better be fairly small or they will be uncomfortable! Luckily DH and I always take his car when we go anywhere together. I know my mom will be here a lot once the baby comes, luckily she is tiny so she will fit no problem
21.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Mara - I don''t see a problem with poking them a little bit - there''s several layers of tissue between your hand and the baby to cushion it, and midwives will manupulate the baby somewhat during appointments in order to try to figure out what position they''re in. Up to the end, if I pressed on a limb sticking out, George would put it back in. Sometimes he resisted for a couple of seconds though, and sometimes I''d get a random punch in another area.
3.gif

Jcrow - congrats!!

Natalina - carseats take up an incredible amount of room. And the crazy thing is that my mom has a smaller car than I do (hers is a 2 door hatchback) but there''s somehow more room for a carseat in hers... they''re very deceptive when you''re just looking at them not installed. George would go through active phases, but I don''t remember there being a real correlation with when labor actually started.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, JCrow!!!! Soooo happy for you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 7:40:37 PM
Author: natalina
Speaking of car seats , I know there was some discussion re: car seats and car size lately. I was FLOORED when we put the seat in this weekend! I have a small SUV (Saturn VUE) and the Maxi Cosi Mico takes up ALL the space between the back seat and passenger seat! As in, anyone in the passenger seat better be fairly small or they will be uncomfortable! Luckily DH and I always take his car when we go anywhere together. I know my mom will be here a lot once the baby comes, luckily she is tiny so she will fit no problem
21.gif

i normally don't check from home but i had to laugh with you about this one. i JUST tried our maxi cosi this weekend and flipped out that the carseat came all the way up thru the front seats from the middle position. i'd have to sit on the dashboard if i wanted to put it behind my seat (which we're not ;-) DH and i were just staring at it like, "this isn't right". p.s. holy COW do you have to get that sucker tight.

anyhoo... yeah, the maxi cosi was the smallest 'footprint' carseat and it's still huge. i concur, it's nuts-o!

p.s. is anyone else watching the national park series on PBS by ken burns?... it's soooooo good!

i'll be back tomorrow to catch up.

sweet dreams ladies.

congrats jcrow!!!

oh, and i move this baby all the time... it hung out on my left side for AGES! now it just kinda rolls it's toosh back and forth... been head down for weeeeeekkkssss, which is always fun across the bladder. .... running out of room i guess :)

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 8:49:54 PM
Author: vizsla

p.s. is anyone else watching the national park series on PBS by ken burns?... it''s soooooo good!

)

We were watching for a little while!! Very good!!!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 2:58:13 PM
Author: jcrow
just popping in to say that we're also expecting! i made 9 weeks this past saturday. i've been secretly reading this thread since i found out and have been working up the courage to post the news.
Congrats!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
We're only days apart.

Amber- I'm sorry for you pain, but your post on the last page had me in tears. You are hilarious!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Natalina

The day DD was born I went into the hospital because she wasn''t moving so for me it was the opposite.

2cm is great. Your body has gotten far on its own. They discovered that DD was sunny side up and they had me lay sideways (on my left) the entire time I was in labor.

Good luck! Very exciting!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Natalina,

Best of luck. I hope you sail through it all!! Hugs to you. Good luck!!!!
35.gif

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Talking about Baby Position: Evan is in love with my Right side. When I''m sitting at work, I have to rub his little butt and maneuver him away from my rib cage. Everytime I complain about the ribs, I have to think to myself "At least he isn''t on my bladder!" then I let him put his little butt anywhere on my ribs that he wants!

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
just popping in to say that we''re also expecting! i made 9 weeks this past saturday. i''ve been secretly reading this thread since i found out and have been working up the courage to post the news.
Many congrats jcrow. Your wedding photos were the first that I saw after joining PS when I was a L in W and your baby will be one beautiful bundle!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m leaving for my 3-hour glucose test soon and I''m HUNGRY! Ugh. I hope it goes well.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
DrK,

How are you doing? Scanned for an update and didn''t see one... but wanted to let you know I''m thinking about you and praying!

9.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 6:43:23 AM
Author: anchor31
I''m leaving for my 3-hour glucose test soon and I''m HUNGRY! Ugh. I hope it goes well.
Good luck today anchor! Hope it goes well.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Re: poking the baby...yep, I do that too. I actually just give them gentle massages to encourage them to move. Sometimes I have each one pulling in different directions and it really hurts! I find that they respond to massages and also if I change positions.

Anchor, good luck on the test! It''s not fun, but at least it will be over with!

I slept terrible last night. Woke up to the bathroom seven times. Yes, you read that right SEVEN between 11 pm and 6pm. Is that insane or what??. I''m going to try to sneak a nap during lunch time...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 10:54:58 PM
Author: meresal

just popping in to say that we're also expecting! i made 9 weeks this past saturday. i've been secretly reading this thread since i found out and have been working up the courage to post the news.

Congrats!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
We're only days apart.

Amber- I'm sorry for you pain, but your post on the last page had me in tears. You are hilarious!

really?! how far along are you??

although i haven't had an ultrasound for confirmation, today i'm 9 weeks, 3 days.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results