shape
carat
color
clarity

oval sapphire in James Meyer 1345: east/west or north/south?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sapphire.panda

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking and learning all kinds of interesting things...thank you all very much!

I really love the James Meyer 1345 settings Coati and Beach have, and I just sent my oval sapphire to Jim to set in this style. I am leaning toward having him set it east/west, but I wanted to ask your advice. East/west, or north/south?

The stone is 8 x 6 mm, 2.265 carats. I wear a size 6 ring. This photo is before I had the pavilion recut, but is very close to the real color. I''ll post a photo of it after the recut, but the color looks darker than IRL.

my.sapphire.before.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
My initial gut reaction is to go east-west with that stone.

It''s a gorgeous colour, and I think it''ll look beautiful in the James Meyer!

sapphire.panda

Rough_Rock
James Meyer #1345: which way will the oval look best?

james.meyer.1345.8109.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Just having received my new JM, I''d say E/W also. The ring is very delicate, so there will be great presence on your hand.

sapphire.panda

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input Lauren!

I read in one of your previous posts that you have a local jeweler who bezel set your Asscher very reasonably. Could you post his contact info? I would like to have a ring set in that style for my daughter.

sapphire.panda

Rough_Rock
Thanks Upgradable! I have been drooling over your OEC''s...

Candice

Shiny_Rock
I say east/west would look gorgeous
1.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Ditto! E/W!

Absolutely gorgeous color; I really can''t wait to see the pics once its set! It is really very beautiful!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2009 10:34:51 PM
Author: szh07
Ditto! E/W!

Absolutely gorgeous color; I really can''t wait to see the pics once its set! It is really very beautiful!
thritto! love the E/W look!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2009 9:14:11 PM
Author: sapphire.panda
Thanks for the input Lauren!

I read in one of your previous posts that you have a local jeweler who bezel set your Asscher very reasonably. Could you post his contact info? I would like to have a ring set in that style for my daughter.
Oh, I had no idea you were in DFW, Sapphire.panda! We''re having a PS GTG soon, I don''t know when or where yet, but I''ll make sure it''s in my signature when I figure it all out.

Here''s a google link to my jeweler''s information:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=0&oq=JB+Jewelers&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBR_enUS318US318&q=jb+jewelers+plano+tx

Let me know if you need any help with anything!

sapphire.panda

Rough_Rock
I''m not in DFW...I''m in northeast Ohio! I''m afraid I won''t be able to come to the party
7.gif
I was hoping your jeweler would be willing to work via phone/email. Thanks for the link!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E/W. Lovely color on the sapphire.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is your finger stubby and short or slender and long? How about your hand? If you have long hands and fingers, you can pull off the EW look. With small hands and short fingers, it is best to set it NS to elongate the finger.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
That sucks sapppanda- sorry! Your sapp looks BEAUTIFUL, its almost electric. I am sure it will look amazing is any setting!
Looking forward to seeing your sapp step.
Jim suggested that given my fingers north to south would be better, as you would see the detail of the setting better. I think it will be a long time before its on my finger. BF seems to be enjoying the power of having it a hidden!

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Oh dear- I meant to reply in Step''s recent thread, not resurrect this one..... But I opened this to see sapppanda''s sapphire, and obviously made a mistake (dum dum!). Have to say though, its a lovely coloured sapphire!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I love the color of that sapphire! So pretty!

I''d go E-W myself.

I hate to ask this, but if you don''t mind, could you tell the ballpark price of having this style made for your stone? I''ve got a colored stone I want to get set, but I think JM is out of budget... not sure though. Thanks, and if you don''t feel comfortable then no worries!

mousey

Shiny_Rock
I think there is a thread somewhere with prices for different JM settings. Just search James Meyer cost or something like that and you ll get it. I THINK (my bofyf is paying) mine was $1900 for all plat, and I think a white gold one is 1200 or 1300. He is LOVELY man, you should call him if you are interested.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I vote east/west.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
For a round 1345 I believe it''s $1100. The cushion version I want is $1200, so I''m not sure if there''s a different price for an oval? These are w/g prices.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone and setting!! As I understand it this project is on hold. Please make sure you update us when you can move forward with it!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
If you have the type of hand that can pull of an E/W style then i would go for it. However, if your hands are slightly thick or short I wouldn''t and I would do the traditional N and S.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''m usually a N/S kind of gal, but I think that particular setting lends itself to E/W stones. It''s something to do with the little curly parts below the bezel.

trishy

Shiny_Rock
i vote east west too. gorgeous stone, gorgeous setting

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2009 10:37:21 PM
Author: D&T
Date: 8/1/2009 10:34:51 PM

Author: szh07

Ditto! E/W!

Absolutely gorgeous color; I really can't wait to see the pics once its set! It is really very beautiful!
thritto! love the E/W look!

Quadritto? My ER is E/W and I love it.

ETA: just noticed the date on the OP. Oops...

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
E-W for sure! I''m a N-S girl normally, but this one is just calling to be set E-W - it''s going to look stunning!

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
East West. It will be gorgeous and the color is fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results