shape
carat
color
clarity

do you plan on wearing your e-ring after you are married?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
i just had dinner with a friend of mine and she stopped wearing her e-ring daily after she got married, she only wears it for special occasions, otherwise it goes into her safe deposit box

i''m planning on wearing mine afterwards because FI and i spent a lot of money finding the right one, i even made sure i found a band that went well with it

how about you gals?

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
definitely wearing it till I perish
2.gif

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
same here.. mine doesn''t come off, and wont be coming off for anything.
1.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
most women that I know stop wearing it over time for practical reasons. I know my mom doesn''t wear a ring at all anymore, and only wears her engagement for special occasions. For now, I will be proudly wearing mine after marriage, but if I stop one day, no biggie. I''d continue to make an effort if it were important to future hubby, though.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t imagine stopping! I love it too much. It''s too pretty just to have it sit in a box...this thing has to be seen!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Life''s too short to never use the good china.

diamonddarling

Rough_Rock
Definately will keep wearing mine... what a waste to not wear it!

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Definitely going to wear it!

I had lunch with my old boss this past summer after I got engaged, and I remembered her saying that she never wears her engagement ring (she said this a couple years ago when we worked together). So I asked her about the ring, and she could barely even describe it--it has been in her safe for like 6 six years! I prefer to enjoy my ring on my hand.
26.gif

daught3rofEve

Rough_Rock
Definately will be wearing mine.

Since I have a different ring altogether for a WB, I''ll just wear my engagement ring on my right hand.

It''s also serving as my "somthing old" and "something blue". haha.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Of course I''ll continue to wear it.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/18/2009 3:03:38 AM
Author: fleur-de-lis
Life''s too short to never use the good china.

Well said! Also, this.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Honestly I''m not sure, I imagine I''ll still wear it a lot but I can also see myself just wearng my wedding band on occasion.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''ll definitely wear it! Though I will enjoy having a band to wear while hiking or hanging out and watching tv on a weekend without the ering. But for the most part I''ll wear both together.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i do plan on wearing it most of the time. we play a lot of sports and such, and then i''ll be wearing his grandmother''s wedding band that i have as a "spare" wedding band. but usually i''ll be wearing my WB with my ER. i know a few people who don''t wear rings, as i work in a nursing home so for sanitary reasons they don''t want things to happen to their jewelry. it might depend on the situation, but for the most part i''ll wear it.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I never take mine off, and don''t plan on it!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely! That''s part of the reason I didn''t want anything too crazy...I wanted to be able to wear it all the time without having to worry about damaging it...or my finger! Why have it if you''re not going to wear it?

But...I do know women who prefer not to wear theirs everyday. I just can''t imagine being one of them!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my engagement ring every day - I love it too much to stop wearing it! I do wear it less around my apartment when I''m home alone though because now I have a plain wedding band that I don''t mind if it gets scratched up when I''m cooking or cleaning, but my engagement ring goes right back on anytime I leave my apartment and I definitely put it on for at least a little while every day.

My mom leaves her engagement ring in a drawer and only puts it on for special occasions - and it''s such a pretty ring I always tell her she should wear it more often!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Of course! I can't imagine just shutting it away in a jewelry or safe deposit box! I think my FI would be very hurt if I did that. He put a lot of time and money into making sure the ER was just right! My mom has worn both her ER and WB everyday for 33 years of her marriage. I don't think I have EVER seen her without it, except perhaps when my dad had the setting redone for their 25th anniversary. I will still take mine off to go to bed, workout, shower, etc., but anytime I leave the house I plan on wearing both.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I can understand not wearing it when it gets in the way of activities... but in a safe? I think that is a bummer.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still wear mine every day. (I got married in July.) I''m not sure what the point of an engagement ring is if you''re only going to wear it for the engagement. If that''s the case, the engagement ring should be a plain band and the wedding ring should have a big diamond in it!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 12:58:47 PM
Author: thing2of2
I still wear mine every day. (I got married in July.) I''m not sure what the point of an engagement ring is if you''re only going to wear it for the engagement. If that''s the case, the engagement ring should be a plain band and the wedding ring should have a big diamond in it!
+1 to all of it

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve worn my engagement ring every day since our wedding last July.
I take it off to cook, bake, play sports, work out, sleep, shower, and bathe the dog. Other than that, I''m wearing that little beauty!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I''ll keep wearing mine for now, but will probably just wear my wedding band once we have kids. Most of our friends with young children just wear their wedding bands, and e-rings on special occasions. Since I slice FI with the prongs all the time, I don''t think I''d be comfortable wearing it around babies. That''s why I got a sparkly wedding band! When they''re a little older, I''ll wear it all the time again.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Do your friends that don''t wear them have very large rings or some style like marquise?
I''ve always worn mine for 26 years, at least whenever I leave the house. (I don ''t wear it inside becuase of metal allergies).
It''s a simple 1/3 carat in a Tiffany setting though--wouldn''t ever be in the way.
I have one friend whose husband upgraded from a modest little oval (maybe a .40) to a blingy 1.5 carat in an elaborate band. She turned the original into earrings which she never takes off-and put the new ring in the bank. It comes out only rarely. I don''t know anyone else who doesn''t wear their e-ring, except for people who have ''outgrown'' them (put on a lot of weight) or lost a stone or something of that nature. This thread seems strange to me. Am I old or out of touch?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am certain i will wear mine, but I have an eternity band for an ering. One of the reasons i chose an eternity band is because I thought about what i would want to wear more in the long run - an ering with a plain band, or a nice sized eternity band. I knew that "both" wasn't an option, so I chose a band that was substantial but really comfortable so I would be able to wear it forever.

if i did have a more traditional ering, I would hope that i would continue to wear it, but i don't know....I also know many people who just wear a wedding band and sadly don't wear their erings anymore
8.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I would never dream of not wearing mine. I adore it, a little 1/3 carat with sidestones. Modest but beautiful.

I thought my blingy wedding band might take away from it, but I love wearing thr two of them together now!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/18/2009 1:04:34 PM
Author: meresal

Date: 9/18/2009 12:58:47 PM
Author: thing2of2
+1 to all of it
+1

I love the good china example too.

We have plain wine glasses and nice crystal glasses. The plain ones sit in the cupboard unused and the crystal are on display in the china cabinet and come out every night. (we do have one set of handblown glasses that only come out for holiday use)

After all the time and money that goes into finding just the right E-ring, I couldn''t bring myself to put it in a drawer somewhere.

I''ll never take it off. Ever. They''ll have to take it from my cold dead hand.
(with the possible exception of something likely to damage it)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
As the dissenting gemstone ering wearer here, I often don''t wear an (because I have about 4 currently) ering in general now during our engagement. Because my ring isn''t a diamond or sapphire, and isn''t as hard as either of those stones, I prefer to wear the original ering on special occasions because I don''t want anything to happen to it. It is irreplaceable, and I don''t want to go through the trials and tribulations I did finding the first one. I have many other gemstone solitaires that I wear in place of this ring, and that is also to curb the damage/wear/likelyhood of something happening to it.

So when we get married, I''ll wear both of my wedding bands most of the time, and probably just wear the ering on special occasions--but NEVER will it go into the bank. That''s just silly! (IMHO.)

Having said that, when I get my mom''s ering--1.5ct princess, I probably won''t wear that all that often either--and that may end up going in the bank. But purely for sentimental value and the fact that princesses are probably the last shape I''d buy for myself because it''s pokey. I just wouldn''t wear it that much.
3.gif

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 2:24:59 PM
Author: Black Jade
Do your friends that don''t wear them have very large rings or some style like marquise?
I''ve always worn mine for 26 years, at least whenever I leave the house. (I don ''t wear it inside becuase of metal allergies).
It''s a simple 1/3 carat in a Tiffany setting though--wouldn''t ever be in the way.
I have one friend whose husband upgraded from a modest little oval (maybe a .40) to a blingy 1.5 carat in an elaborate band. She turned the original into earrings which she never takes off-and put the new ring in the bank. It comes out only rarely. I don''t know anyone else who doesn''t wear their e-ring, except for people who have ''outgrown'' them (put on a lot of weight) or lost a stone or something of that nature. This thread seems strange to me. Am I old or out of touch?
my friend has an rb in a micropave setting. nothing too fragile. she just chooses not to wear it. it''s actually not unusual among people i know not to wear their e-ring. only since joining PS, have i noticed that people wear their ''sets'', my mom never got an e-ring and my sisters, cousins and bff only wear theirs on special occasions, it would actually be strange for me to continue to wear mine daily based on the people in my life, but i can''t bear to just put it away in hiding
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results