shape
carat
color
clarity

WHEW - we have finally hired a caterer!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Ever since Rich and I became engaged in the end of November, things have just seemed to fall easily into place.....even though our wedding is in July. The ship rental for our reception went fairly smoothly; the photographer was a piece of cake, and the park was a snap.

The caterer, however, has been the nightmare project from hell! I think I have talked to 20 different caterers, and only two of them have returned with menus that even *remotely* resemble our "this is what we have in mind" outline.

Tonight, with much trepidation, we went to the frontrunner for our first tasting. Bummer that they were first because the tasting thing is a BLAST! However, we were totally delighted with the food prepared, so we are going to hire them which means NO MORE tastings!
8.gif
(That was SO fun.)

They are doing everything, including our cake. They prepared a HUGE antipasto platter for us, both entree selections along with the side salad and rice, and they sent us home with an entire cake layer to sample! YUM!

What a relief to have that done! YAY!

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on that -- must be such relief! I still haven't booked a reception site yet myself, so I'm looking forward to the day where I've made it to caterer!!

I'm guessing this caterer didn't push hummus on you
3.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 2/17/2004 10:48:23 PM weemodin wrote:

I'm guessing this caterer didn't push hummus on you
3.gif

----------------

Hehehheeeee - you're guessing right.

11.gif
9.gif

This is the first caterer I spoke to.....and the one that seems to LISTEN to what we want. I never thought that would be so difficult, but I've learned that chefs are like artists.....they like "their" vision and sometimes have a hard time deviating from it.

I got the final draft back this morning - it included EVERY change or comment we discussed last night. I wish all vendors had this attention to detail!

We have now booked the ceremony site, reception site, caterer, photographer (no DJ/videographer/limo, no cake bakery etc). We still need a florist, so that's next.

We've bought the dress, the headpiece/veil, and my MOH bought her dress. I've designed the sample draft of our invitation. I cannot believe how quickly this has all come together....and I'm feeling really excited for what this day is shaping up to!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results