shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a pair of Cushion Cut Blue Zircons

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Anyone know where I can find these?
I contacted Dana at mastercutgems still waiting for a response.

Perhaps also pair of round blue zirons as well.

For the cushion 2 - 4 Carats each. (light blue maybe a hint of green if possible)
For the round 1 - 2 carats each. (should match same color as cushion)

Also if you can find any concave cuts in any shape I might be interested in those as well as a replacement (oval, round, square cushion, rectangular cushion etc.) as well I''d be interested. If you don''t see them tell me who I should call to ask for them to be cut.

Thanks,
CCL

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Well, THESE are almost 3 carats each, but they''re round and light blue. Multicolour.com has some nice zircon pairs, but none are cushions.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Gailey, I''m impressed. I was going to start searching through my bookmarks but I''m sure all thirty of your sites are on it!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 1:15:23 PM
Author: Gailey
Gemfix

Gemselect

AJS Gems

Pala

Richard Homer

Edelsteine

Pairs of blue zircons, but no cushions. I have looked through approx 30 sites for you.
WOW- remind me to look you up when I need some help finding stones! that is awesome. hats off to you
36.gif

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Gemfix

Gemselect

AJS Gems

Pala

Richard Homer

Edelsteine

Pairs of blue zircons, but no cushions. I have looked through approx 30 sites for you.
Wow you are amazing thank-you so much for the time and effort.
Considering a couple of choices Richard Homer is at the top of my list as the light return on his cuts seems fantastic.

My fiance seems to like the less vivid coloured stones so a light blue or light greenish blue.
We are also considering instead his aquamarine stones, those are the most amazing emerald cut and cushion cut aquas I have every seen.

http://www.webgraphicsengineering.com/Gemstones/detail.cfm?zNum=9085

1) When he writes medium blue isn''t that a really wide range? We saw some really pale Aqua here locally and don''t want it to be too light that you can''t see color but not too dark that it looks like swiss blue topaz.

2) Do you think that with the concave cut and its increased brilliance the colour will wash out even more in the example above? Richard said he could cut a twin to the stone above or to a cushion which sounds like a plan.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2009 8:44:27 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Gailey.. how does one purchase from Pala if you''re not a jeweler?
33.gif
Not Gailey but I''ll reply. You can request your jeweller to call up for pricing and to order the stone. Based on my experience, Gary Dutton of www.diamondexpert.com charges one of the lowest markups for gemstones from Pala.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/14/2009 3:06:47 PM
Author: ChunkyCushionLover

Gemfix

Gemselect

AJS Gems

Pala

Richard Homer

Edelsteine

Wow you are amazing thank-you so much for the time and effort.
Considering a couple of choices Richard Homer is at the top of my list as the light return on his cuts seems fantastic.

My fiance seems to like the less vivid coloured stones so a light blue or light greenish blue.
We are also considering instead his aquamarine stones, those are the most amazing emerald cut and cushion cut aquas I have every seen.

http://www.webgraphicsengineering.com/Gemstones/detail.cfm?zNum=9085

1) When he writes medium blue isn''t that a really wide range? We saw some really pale Aqua here locally and don''t want it to be too light that you can''t see color but not too dark that it looks like swiss blue topaz.

2) Do you think that with the concave cut and its increased brilliance the colour will wash out even more in the example above? Richard said he could cut a twin to the stone above or to a cushion which sounds like a plan.

No, by saying medium blue, he is actually being very specific because he is basing this on the GIA Munsell colour chart. Trust me, a Swiss blue topaz is going to cost an arm and a leg.

2.gif
Medium blue sounds like a reasonable tone for an aquamarine. I believe that concave cutting of aquamarines does it many favours – it adds a lot of brilliance to an otherwise low RI stone (not much sparkle) and also deepens the saturation.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 3:13:11 PM
Author: AustenNut
Wow, Gailey, I''m impressed. I was going to start searching through my bookmarks but I''m sure all thirty of your sites are on it!
I actually just counted how many gem sites (not jewellery) I have listed and it''s 92! Oh dear, I think I need intervention! I guess I looked through a few more than 30! One or two aren''t active any more, and a few aren''t worth the trouble.

But I think it''s safe to say, if I can''t find any blue zircon cushions it''s probably because no-one is listing any and there must be a reason for that.

Always happy to help look for stones for folks when I have the time (more of it in the winter than in the summer!)

CCL, Chrono has answered your questions better than I could.

SDL, in addition to jewellers, any of the lapidarists can call in stones from Pala for you.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 12:20:40 AM

I actually just counted how many gem sites (not jewellery) I have listed and it''s 92!
I sure hope you''re either a gemologist or a jeweller
9.gif
I''m at 136, but that includes jewellery websites, gemology courses, and even some youtube videos (I know that''s not an excuse, but still...
2.gif
).

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 6:26:42 AM
Author: ma re

I actually just counted how many gem sites (not jewellery) I have listed and it''s 92!
9.gif
I''m at 136, but that includes jewellery websites, gemology courses, and even some youtube videos (I know that''s not an excuse, but still...
2.gif
).
Oh dear!

20 diamond sites (non-PS vendors, no point bookmarking them, they are easy to find)
85 jewellery sites
probably about 10-15 other miscellaneous sites (findings, photography tips etc.)
Didn''t count the number of simms sites
Didn''t count the number of pearl sites - probably around 20-25
un-quantifiable number of saved PS threads.
un-quantifiable (and huge) number of saved images in my on-line scrap book

And no, Ma-re, I''m not in the industry, just a gardener! But you can be sure I will be ready when that lotto ticket comes in!

About time I did a bit of an edit I think, as there are very few on that extensive list I actually buy from!

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 12:29:35 PM

Date: 9/15/2009 6:26:42 AM
Author: ma re

9.gif
2.gif
).
Oh dear!

20 diamond sites (non-PS vendors, no point bookmarking them, they are easy to find)
85 jewellery sites
probably about 10-15 other miscellaneous sites (findings, photography tips etc.)
Didn''t count the number of simms sites
Didn''t count the number of pearl sites - probably around 20-25
un-quantifiable number of saved PS threads.
un-quantifiable (and huge) number of saved images in my on-line scrap book

And no, Ma-re, I''m not in the industry, just a gardener! But you can be sure I will be ready when that lotto ticket comes in!

About time I did a bit of an edit I think, as there are very few on that extensive list I actually buy from!
I know this is shameless but I gotta ask please for one more request.
Please find me a pair of cushion aquas, or emereld cut aquas or round aquas either about 5X5 or 6X4 and hopefully medium blue or Color 5 by GIA or as close to it as possible.
These will be to match the 8X6 ones being cut for me by Richard Homer.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
CC.L, I''m heading out the door now, but will look for you tonight if no-one else has come up with any for you.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if this color will be right for you, but these might fit your specs: Cushion aquas

I think the color is lovely...

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, not at all.
1.gif
Didn''t realize that was the match. I didn''t see anything matching that in my search, but I''ll see if I can find anything else.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Lisa Elser has two pairs of aquas that might be of interest. The first pair she describes as "kite cushions". They are 9.93 x 5.97mm.

The second, more traditional cushions are 8.71mm°

Lisa Elsa aqua pair.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Well I must say, pairs of cushion aquas are rare as well, although not as rare as a pair of emerald cuts.

Africa Gems has a pair of 8.0mm² cushions

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Multicolour has two pairs or rectangular baguettes (not emerald cut)

You sure you wouldn''t like ovals or pears, theres lots of those out there!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Paraiba International has square cushions, rectangular cushions and emerald cut pairs. I fear they may all be bigger than you are looking for however.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results