shape
carat
color
clarity

What clothes of yours make you feel really good about yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
I feel hot in wrap dresses, all different kinds. I have jersey and silk ones for work, and chambray and cotton ones for the weekends. My chest/hip is spot on for a size six, but my waist is REALLY tiny, so if it fits in the hip, it gapes at the waist. I hate wearing skirts and pants for this reason. Wrap dresses give me a great silhouette though because I can tie them as tightly as I need to for them to fit.
9.gif

If I must wear pants, I feel best in a pair of skinny straight-leg jeans with ballet flats, a white t-shirt and a really good cardigan. Banana Republic has some great cardigans right now.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Londongirl1 I have to say that is one lovely dress. I wish I could pull off more strapless tops/dresses (not enough boobs to hold them up usually).

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 12:51:54 PM
Author: canuk-gal
Date: 9/13/2009 12:16:02 PM

Author: thing2of2

I love my black high waisted skinny jeans (Nudie Jeans High Kai) and I wear them pretty much every day. I actually just bought a second pair because my first pair is getting worn out looking. Here they are, although I typically wear shirts with mine!
3.gif
HI:

They make nudie''s for women???? I just bought my son a pair--he is tall and very lean, and these jeans fit him perfectly and he looks fabu! (yes, I am a Mom!) We''ve found his brand!!

As for me--I am comfortable in everything I wear. Uniforms and lab coats for work are never flattering, but I try and make them my own with a bit of style--perhaps a hint of yellow gold??

cheers--Sharon

They do make them for women! (Well, most of the women''s fits are supposed to be unisex but they are definitely geared towards women.) I LOVE Nudies-I probably have 10 or 15 pairs. The High Kai is my favorite fit lately, but I also love the Thin Finn, which is more of a unisex jean with a lowered yoke. If you like low rise jeans, though, you should check out the Tight Long John. That''s just as skinny as the High Kai but with a lower rise. Sorry for too much information-I love them and used to buy them for the store I worked at so I know all the fits!

I love guys in Nudies, too! I bet your tall skinny son looks adorable in his! My favorite Nudies for guys are the Slim Jim and the Thin Finn.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2009 6:09:51 PM

Date: 9/13/2009 12:51:54 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 9/13/2009 12:16:02 PM

I love my black high waisted skinny jeans (Nudie Jeans High Kai) and I wear them pretty much every day. I actually just bought a second pair because my first pair is getting worn out looking. Here they are, although I typically wear shirts with mine!
3.gif
HI:

They make nudie''s for women???? I just bought my son a pair--he is tall and very lean, and these jeans fit him perfectly and he looks fabu! (yes, I am a Mom!) We''ve found his brand!!

As for me--I am comfortable in everything I wear. Uniforms and lab coats for work are never flattering, but I try and make them my own with a bit of style--perhaps a hint of yellow gold??

cheers--Sharon

They do make them for women! (Well, most of the women''s fits are supposed to be unisex but they are definitely geared towards women.) I LOVE Nudies-I probably have 10 or 15 pairs. The High Kai is my favorite fit lately, but I also love the Thin Finn, which is more of a unisex jean with a lowered yoke. If you like low rise jeans, though, you should check out the Tight Long John. That''s just as skinny as the High Kai but with a lower rise. Sorry for too much information-I love them and used to buy them for the store I worked at so I know all the fits!

I love guys in Nudies, too! I bet your tall skinny son looks adorable in his! My favorite Nudies for guys are the Slim Jim and the Thin Finn.
HI:

Thanks for the info!!!!! Slim Jim''s are the ticket for my boy! (teenager actually!)

I tried on tons-o-jeans just before I recently bought my skinny black Guess jeans--they fit the best. But no Nudie Ladies tho--I''ll keep an eye out! for the future! And in keeping with the thread, those black skinny jeans, Zanotti pumps, and my Lucky peasant blouse, is a pretty good look for me!

cheers--Sharon

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
My butt-jeans
9.gif
Fi loves it
9.gif
10.gif
11.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
I used to have a pair of those VS yoga pants with the turn-down waist band. Most flattering things ever. I loooooved them
30.gif

My current favourite outfit is either of two items I got in Tesco of all places. One is a vintage style floral tea dress type thing that is just very adorable, and I feel all Summery and carefree in it. The other is an electric blue ruffled tank top in a sheer fabric, the colour is amazing and makes me feel very glamorous. And they were less than €10 each!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Defintely my boots, I have two amazing pairs of Jimmy Choos that I feel fabulous in. One pair is a tall brownish red that look great with everything, and the other are over the knee black suede I''m so excited for fall so I can start wearing them again!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
my fave pair of dark jeans. a good pair of jeans can do wonders for the tush and for the ego.

i also have a brown, cropped leather and tweed jacket that i bought two years ago. i love wearing it. i feel instantly stylish even if i''m just wearing it with a white tshirt and jeans. it''s just one of those perfect jackets.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Okay, a new fave for all the women who love wrap dresses - the Butter by Nadia convertible dress line. I''d been thinking of getting one of these ever since I saw them referenced on PS, and yesterday I finally got to try one on - va-va-voom! I''d been afraid it would just highlight any figure flaws, but it draped like a DREAM. And you get so many options for presentation ... that fabric can give you something like 20 possible "looks." Even my usually frugal husband was like, "YES, we need to get you one of those." Heh.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 5:26:09 PM
Author: oddoneout
Londongirl1 I have to say that is one lovely dress. I wish I could pull off more strapless tops/dresses (not enough boobs to hold them up usually).
Thanks. My boobies are a 30C (don't let the padded bra fool you - I'm as flat as a pancake) so if I can pull off a strapless dress anyone can
9.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
LOL Londongirl...I''ll take your 30C over my 34A any day. Except when it comes to bra shopping; it must be hard to find stores that carry such a small band size, especially in a C cup! It''s even hard to find a 32B these days...I was measured as that at one time but couldn''t find bras anywhere, so I stuck with my 34A.

As for clothes that make me feel fab, I have this awesome bustier top from bebe in a black and white geometric design. It''s the only one I''ve ever tried on that fits my booblets, and it looks awesome. I wear it with a black pencil skirt.

And for jeans, nothing beats my good old Levis. My favorite pair of jeans is actually an old pair of Levis from Wal-Mart. They cost me under $20 and were the best clothing investment I''ve ever made.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
right now my favorite outfits (beside my wedding dress, of course!) are my black work/workout pants (everlast, from fred meyer for 14 bucks! lol!), my fergie black high heels (yes, the ones that broke my foot!) and my boyfriend (but fitted for women) v-neck sweaters from Romy. they are sooo comfy and hot when i don''t wear a tshirt under them! :razz:

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I have this one knee length dress that I just adore. It''s sort of 50s/swing style and light blue with butterflies on it (I know it sounds really lame, but it''s really pretty!). Every time I wear it I get tons of compliments!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results