shape
carat
color
clarity

Too va-va-voom?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

carochinha

Rough_Rock
I found a very flattering dress for my body type and coloring, but am a little concerned it might be too evening for a Sunday noon ceremony.

I''m shorter and more hour-glass than the model shown, so the dress fits to right below the knee, which is my preferred length. I''m also a very curvy size 8 with mediterranean coloring, so the effect is a bit how-do-you. Too much glam for a Sunday noon ceremony? 11am-12pm welcome reception, 12-12:30pm vows, 12:30-4:30pm lunch reception

Help?

http://shop.carmenmarcvalvo.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?CCode=5001^Women&cICode=802

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I personally think it''s beautiful.

This is your wedding...right? If so, then you should have a really impactful dress, and this fits the bill. I love the crystal detailing...I give it a strong A!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I love the dress, I think is perfect for a sunday noon ceremony
36.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s beautiful! And definitely not too fancy or va-va-voom for a Sunday afternoon wedding.

And
35.gif
to another bride with a knee length dress
9.gif
I love shorter dresses.

carochinha

Rough_Rock
Well ok then, that was re-assuring! Thanks for your kind comments.

Because it''s already quite accessorized, what jewelry if any do you see with it? I don''t have diamond studs but I think a small pair would be tasteful, but on the other hand maybe too bland as a combination? I like color and bold statements, generally. Again, because the dress is already quite a statement, I don''t want to overdo it for this Sunday noon ceremony.

Any ideas for something that wouldn''t clash with the stone scoopneck? Pictures or links to an accessories / jewelry thread are helpful if you have any to share.

Thanks again!

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Not at all! It''s beautiful. I would pair it with a pair of earrings and a bracelet. If you like color, you could pair it with a pair of colored shoes.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s perfect! I''d say no necklace (because there''s one basically built into the dress
1.gif
) and earrings.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely!!! Definitely not too much va va voom at all. It will work wonderfully for a noon wedding.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
Beautiful dress!
9.gif

I think that would look lovely with some studs and a chunky sparkly bangle with some color in it.

Something like this but classier (aka, not plastic, lol) to echo the shape of the beading on the neckline, maybe?

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
i love it! i totally think that''s appropriate for your noon wedding!!
36.gif

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock
I think its beautiful, and who the heck cares what everyone else thinks. I think its perfect for an afternoon wedding. If you love it, and the way it makes you feel go for it!!
36.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it''s too sexy. I think it''s rather demure. I think it would look nice and showcase curves without being too sexy.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i think its beautiful & perfect for a sunday afternoon wedding! go for it!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 4:46:56 PM
Author: oddoneout
I don''t think it''s too sexy. I think it''s rather demure. I think it would look nice and showcase curves without being too sexy.
Agreed. Also agree with those who said to wear whatever you love anyway--who cares what anyone else thinks?
1.gif

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I love that dress and I love Carman Marc Valvo.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think its lovely! I was expecting to see something a lot more revealing.. with boosums hanging out!
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 5:42:09 PM
Author: Maisie
I think its lovely! I was expecting to see something a lot more revealing.. with boosums hanging out!
9.gif
Such a fantastic word.
9.gif

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
i love it! not too va-va-va voom. just the right amount! it''s going to be beautiful.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 5:56:30 PM
Author: gwendolyn

Date: 9/11/2009 5:42:09 PM
Author: Maisie
9.gif
Such a fantastic word.
9.gif
Lol! Fank you!
53266vc9f8mmjke.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I saw the picture of it on you in the other thread and it is gorgeous! Absolutely fabulous!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it is at all. It''s quite demure and conservative really. It''s perfect for a wedding!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I saw your pic in the other thread you have nothing to worry about you look stunning in that dress

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 7:43:33 PM
Author: Deelight
I saw your pic in the other thread you have nothing to worry about you look stunning in that dress

Ditto! I saw the thread too and you look fabulous, classy and elegant and feminine! Awesome dress!

pan_manda

Rough_Rock
That dress is gorgeous!!!! I think it will be perfect for a Sunday afternoon wedding!!!

...(off to find the thread that has pics of it on you!)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a gorgeous dress, and not too sexy at all!

carochinha

Rough_Rock
Ladies, thank you for the reassuring words, they are a comfort. The dress feels great and the silhouette has always worked for me. I''ll stick to that story and call off the search. We were lucky - it was the first time looking. My love came with me and we had fun. I''m blessed. Our date is Oct 18. 5 weeks!

Thanks again for your support.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results