shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for you experienced pearl buyers....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niceice21

Rough_Rock
Hey guys (and gals!)

I wandered over to this forum because I''m considering purchasing a pearl set for my girlfriend for christmas and I''m getting a head start. She doesn''t own any (that I''ve seen) pearl jewelry and I think she would look gorgeous in a nice white pearl necklace (with matching bracelet and earings of course!) She''s Greek and like to wear black dresses...so a white pearl set seems natural to me. So anyway, she has already told me that she doesn''t want me to spend much on her for christmas because I''ve kinda gone overboard the last couple of years, so I''m setting a limit of no more than $600 for this set.

I''ve looked at PearlParadise and am considering the freshwater sets. My question is, what would you all recommend, the 8 to 9mm AAA white freshwater set for $520 or the 9 to 10mm AA+ freshwater set for $575? Should I go size or quality? Since she has never owned any pearls before I don''t think she knows much about them, so I''m sure she''s not too picky. I''m way more anal about this kind of stuff than she is :) Would either of us notice the quality difference if the only pearls we''ve ever seen are in department stores such as Macys and the like?

Any guidance would be appreciated, Thanks!

pearlie

Shiny_Rock
Personally, I always go for quality over size.

If you had both necklaces in front of you, you would be able to discern the difference in luster. And I have always found luster to be the main selling point of any pearl necklace, because it''s the luster that will make those pearls glow against your girlfriend''s skin.

And yes, these will be exceptional pearls compared to the thin-nacred akoya''s sold in department stores.

good luck

julie.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
niceice, I would suggest you call Pearl Paradise and ask them about the strands / sets you are interested in. They have terrific customer service and will be happy to help you with your questions and would then be able to hand pick the necklace, bracelet, earrings that not only best match your girlfriend''s coloring and personality but also that match each other. They will help you to make a truly personalized gift set.

I''m sure your GF is a special woman to have you working so hard to find such a special gift.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Ditto, call PP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results