shape
carat
color
clarity

Can''t choose a ring?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
So, for the past couple of months, the BF and I have been talking about getting engaged, etc. Naturally, I started looking at rings. Online, B&M, modern rings, antique rings, all types and shapes, colors, sizes, etc., and I have seen NOTHING that I love. I don''t consider myself a crazily picky person, and my jewelry style is quite "simple", but even a plain solitaire is just not doing it for me!

So anyways, I finally brought up the idea to my BF of getting engaged with a plain band (i.e. a wedding band), which, surprisingly, he was ok with. So we went "ring" shopping yesterday, I tried on a wonderful plain 4mm white gold comfort fit band, and he and I both loved it
1.gif

So, essentially, the wedding "band" is coming first, then when we actually get married, I''ll get something that looks like an engagement ring (if I still want one).

Nothing was purchased yesterday, but I am so happy I found something I love, and I can''t wait to have it on my finger
3.gif

Anyways, my question is, did anyone else have this issue when ring shopping, or did everyone eventually see something they fell in love with?

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lillyfoot,

It took me forever to find a ring design I thought loved, then when I saw it in person it wasn''t that great
15.gif

I too like simple. Now I know what cut/shape of stone I like, but I''m totaly unsure of what setting.

I hear you on the "tons of designs I don''t like" front. Some ladies get an eternity band as an engagement ring.

Have you seen James Meyer''s work ? his stuff can be pretty simple, or his son Caleb meyer - also simple.

best of luck

HD

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Lilyfoot, I think it's great that you are going with a plain band if that is what you want. I too had a hard time making up my mind and am not too excited about most and if not all the rings out there sometimes. Why spend so much on something you don't truly love??? I also feel like I am too young or I guess inexperienced with diamond rings to know what I will want forever. I can tell you that I did find one type of stone and setting that I liked (in pics) by looking at the show me the ring forum a lot and the engagment ring showcase thread. I wanted something different than most people's and the stone I fell in love with is only sold by one vendor (GOG chunky cushion) so if I had not found that or I don't like the way it looks in person, I probably would have gone/will go with an eternity band.

Getting a plain band you love is great. Just make sure that is what you truly want for an engagement ring and if you want something more sparkly down the line make sure to put some money aside for it. I do think searching all the rings on here are going to give you a lot more of a variety to look at than mall stores.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results