shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Lulu,

Hoping for you, lady! O on day 8... wow! I''m so excited when I get something before day 20. 8 is unbelievably exciting. And hey, it worked for Mandarine... so it can work for you, too!

Swimmer,

SO, SO, SO excited for the betas!! How absolutely wonderful. I''m thinking of you every single day! It''s gonna be a great ride to motherhood for you. Indeed it is.
9.gif

Shiny,

I think you''ve gotten lots of information on this already, but as another "late ovulator," I''ll tell you what my Dr. told me. He said that the egg is "optimal" between days 12-17, but okay from days 8-22 (thereabouts), and if you ovulate past that, you can certainly still become pregnant (happens all the time), but the quality of the egg starts to diminish as it "ages" while it''s waiting to drop. My body tends to start to gear up to ovulate at the "right" time, but then is delayed. And then I''ll ovulate a week or two or three weeks later. He said that the egg becomes "over ripe," and less appealing to the sperm. The egg can also become harder to penetrate, which can also lead to a more difficult time with conception. I wish there was a way to encourage earlier ovulation without medication. I''ve read about some herbal treatments, but my Dr. suggested not doing this while on Clomid, which I''m on at this time.

My mom had me when she was a "late ovulator," so there is hope with late ovulation, just tends to take longer, and it''s also set up where you have less chances per year. Not the average 12... we''ve been trying since last June and are just now starting cycle 12. And it would likely be about cycle 9 if there wasn''t Clomid in play...

It could totally be something that evens out with more time off the pill, though. Totally. I''ll be hoping that''s the case!

Lindsey, Festy, and everyone else in the what-seems-like-forever-long-wait: thinking of you and hoping for another wave of happily pregnant women around here!

So yesterday wasn''t the start of a new cycle. But today was. And it''s been a very weird day. I woke up not feeling well, kind of weak, dizzy. By lunch, I was feeling really bad, and I was having cold sweats (which I used to get all the time when I was first told I was anemic, but I *thought* being on prenatals had taken care of that). Then I got to where I knew I was about to pass out, was freezing cold, went to my car and ran the heater-- it''s always freezing in our office because the director is menopausal--- and thought I''d be fine. Came back into the office, got these massive pains, like cramps only way, way more intense, and had to lie down. I''m not sure that I did pass out, but my co-worker says I did because they couldn''t wake me up for a minute or two. Anyway, when I came to, I was super tired and weak, and just not feeling good. My color was all pale and it wasn''t fun. An hour later, I was fine and it was like nothing happened. Everyone (and I do mean everyone) was asking if I was pregnant. So not the best time to ask that.
20.gif
But now I wonder if this was period related, and if so, if I should ask my Dr. for an ultrasound to see if anything weird is going on. I sort of doubt it because I''m obviously not pregnant and am starting a new cycle, but it was just so unusual. Still, it was maybe 1.5 hours total, which isn''t much. Now I''m fine again.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone, I''m sure it''s still just a matter of time. I have a really good friend who''s also a Christian and it''s just really comforting to have someone who shares the same faith and beliefs to walk through this with. She recently had her first IUI, which was not successful. We were talking about the whole "what happens when the hope fades" thing, and she said that for her, it''s a matter of going in the direction which you''re led for parenthood, and for them, they''re still feeling that they''re meant to be parents, but feel like doors are opening which are making the desire to *carry* a baby less intense when compared to the desire to *be* a parent. She said they''re just taking things a day at a time, but are not without faith that a family will be theirs, and one day soon. It''s always been so interesting to me to see how people grow when faced with trying times.

I was reading an article about the stress in a relationship that comes in when a couple is dealing with difficulties conceiving. It''s sad, because the one person you should be able to rely on the most during times like this is your spouse. I really do see this journey as an opportunity for Paul and I to grow even more, and I don''t think I had realized how compassionate and caring he is toward me. It''s hard to see that when you''re happy and doing well and you''re not in need of a strong shoulder and prayer partner through a deep struggle. It sounds like of those who share about their husbands here, we all have really strong men who are comforting and in this with us, come what may. Just another thing to be thankful for, in the midst of what can be daunting at times.

Festy, you''ve got to be nearing the end of your wait, right? Hoping, hoping, and praying praying for WONDERFUL news. We''ll have a big COMING OUT party for you. I''m excited to find out who you are. Haha, I have a little happy dance party every time a woman here gets the good news that''s found in those little pink lines... It''s coming, it''s coming. Part-ay time!!!
9.gif

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
So I picked up a new thermometer today. Walgreens brand. I am feeling much better about this one and am excited to use it tomorrow morning! I am fairly certain that since I have had some weird temp readings that this month I won''t really see much of anything on FF but I am hoping. This is cycle day 10 for me.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher- I am glad you are feeling better now. I do think you should mention these episodes to your doc, especially since it''s not the first one you''ve had. I think they should check you out. I love how your attitude rebounds and your outlook on things is always positive. My DH was just talking yesterday about how infertility sometimes tears marriages apart. Some people grow closer though too, and that''s what we''re striving for.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Allie- Welcome. I had a Walgreens thermometer and loved it.

Lulu- Good luck with the house offer! I''ve had some IUI''s where I had to go back to work and some where I could go home and relax. I know there isn''t really a reason but I always felt a little better when I could go home afterwards. Good luck!

Swimmer- yay for the beta''s. I hear you on being cautious but the numbers look good so far. When will you have an us?

Lindsey- Your chart looks great. I agree with Laila about the possible implantation dip. Good luck!

Welcome to all the new girls.
I can''t remember where everyone is in their cycle. I''m sure we have some who are close to testing?

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Allie, I have and love the Walgreen''s thermometer. It saves the past five temps, so if you forget a day, you can always go back to log it in.

Tiffany,

Yes, it''s so scary to think of losing what you hold the closest while going through the trials of TTC. Seems like such a pointless thing to get torn down over, but they say any stress can step in and steal a person''s joy. I think a lot of blaming can come into play along the road, too. The thing is, a person can''t control what their body is or isn''t doing in the way of all things baby-making, so it''s silly to go down that path. I imagine that in a strained relationship, it would be a much more difficult journey. The cool thing about any trial is that you get the choice as to how you respond and react to it, and I think that''s part of where a blessing can come into a marriage while TTC; it can make you stronger than ever.

As for attitude; I really do have my down days, but even those days aren''t without hope. Disappointment and wondering why this is taking so long is the majority of my "yeck" moments. I sometimes get sad that I can''t give Paul what he wants so badly, what we want, but that''s kind of futile, since there''s nothing I can do to progress things along while thinking that way.

An interesting question for all of us who''ve been on the TTC journey longer than expected: what do you find works best for you in the area of regrouping, staying strong, not wallowing in the sadness that''s so easy to slide into? For me, I do a lot of writing. I journal and I talk to others who are in the same spot as me (and isn''t it amazing how many of us there are, and that we''d not have known something so intimate about a good friend except for that one time something came up that was shared?), and I talk to Paul a lot about it, keep thinking of the future, what parenthood will be like, and I pray, read the Bible and just wait.

I think I will call the Dr. tomorrow about it and see if they think I should come in on Friday for an ultrasound or something. That will be CD 3, and maybe a blood test could explain things, I don''t know. I had very, very painful periods in college and thought I had something wrong with me, but when I was (eventually) checked, all was fine. Then they lessened with age, and this was the first "intense" pain I''ve had in a while. First thought was what if I''m having an eptopic pregnancy, but then I realized since I''m starting a new cycle right when I should be, that''s not likely. I''ve not passed out, or nearly passed out in years. I haven''t read this being a sign of anything Clomid related, so I''m hopeful that all''s well and it was just some nutty episode.

I got a surprise tonight! Paul always, always, always does the Georgia 10K Classic on Labor Day, always. It has put a damper on our long weekend plans for Labor Day each year, but I''ve gone along with him on the walk/jog and it''s been a fun tradition. Well, he broke that tradition and told me that he''s made plans for us to go to Charleston and Hiltonhead this weekend! Very exciting!
9.gif
We''ve talked about it before, but just never have done it. So, off we go to see Fort Sumpter (his "fun"), the aquarium (my fun), and Hiltonhead (our fun). He''s also scheduled a walking tour of Charleston, so it should be a lot of fun. The city is apparently not dog-friendly, so the pups will be spending the weekend with their grandparents. I''m excited to get a chance to take pictures of something other than the leaves in the backyard and our doggies doing silly things.
21.gif

Paul''s not a "spontaneous" person, so this is a BIG treat!! And I had to do none of the planning; even better!!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher that sounds like such a fun weekend!! Take plenty of pics for us. I went to Hilton Head in July, it''s beautiful.

I honestly don''t know what keeps me going. I think I''m stubborn. I''m also a planner, so at the beginning of each new cycle I look ahead at the calendar to when I think I''ll ovulate, what that would make the due date, etc. I do have a few people that I talk to about the journey also. Don''t get me wrong, I have plenty of sad pity party days, and I think lately it''s gotten a little more difficult. I probably have turned into the crazy infertile lady but oh well.
But really, I''m stubborn so I guess that''s what keeps me going.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Grr. I hit a wrong key and my post disappeared.

So, I''m having a mini freak out. I started a cycle July 28, we did injectables/iui. I had what I thought was a period beginning August 21. It was a day or two shorter than normal and a little lighter but heavy enough that I considered it a period. Due to some traveling for work, I knew that we would have to take this cycle off from the injects/iui and try the old fashioned way. So on day 11 I bought some Target brand opk''s and had what I thought was a negative opk. Same thing on day 12, which isn''t surprising because I usually ovulate around day 15-16 (on natural cycles). Yesterday I drove to Madison (for training for work). I had some spotting yesterday (brown, not much at all) which I thought was weird because I have never spotted before I ovulated. While I was unpacking, I glanced at the opk box and realized that I had misinterpreted the test, and I thought the reference line was the test line, so in fact the OPK''s were positive. Took another one today (day 13) and it was also positive. Blaring positive. I thought, wow, these target brand opk''s are super easy to interpret. Except I had 3 positive days in a row and that''s never happened. Strange. A little more spotting today. So in the back of my head a little voice was telling me to test. In order to appease myself and prove to that little voice that I wasn''t pregnant, I stopped and bought some FRER tests. And it was positive. I called my husband, who was shocked and in a little disbelief. So then I took another test the next time I had to pee. Also positive.
After that I went to Walgreens and bought a clearblue which came with a free digi. Both positive. Yes ladies, I have taken 4 tests tonight. And they are all positive.

So, I''m 6 hours from home (and I drove here). I don''t know what to think about the spotting. And I guess that wasn''t really a period, because there''s no way in 13 days that I''ve ovulated/conceived/implanted and have high enough levels to get a positive.
I''m going to call my doc first thing in the morning but I really don''t know what can be done from so far away. I did check out the location to the nearest hospital, in case I need an ER. I know I''m at increased risk of an ectopic since I''ve had one before and I''m super aware of any signs.
And Monday is Labor Day so I''m sure their office is closed then.
(for those of you who were''nt around last October, I was pregnant when I went to San Francisco to a conference and started spotting there, and miscarried after I got home.)
So, I''m actually in shock and super nervous.
And if you made it all the way through this post thank you!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany, congratulations on the BFP! I understand your reasons for being cautious, but I hope it's just been implantation and other normal spotting. Dust your way!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
And it just occured to me that in the last 2 weeks I''ve had beer, (lots of beer, there are lots of microbreweries in Wisconsin) wine, a martini, and sushi. And loads of coffee, because I knew I wasn''t pregnant.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 9:52:00 PM
Author: tiffanytwisted
And it just occured to me that in the last 2 weeks I''ve had beer, (lots of beer, there are lots of microbreweries in Wisconsin) wine, a martini, and sushi. And loads of coffee, because I knew I wasn''t pregnant.
Isn''t that the way it always happens?
2.gif
I really wouldn''t worry about it. The alcohol wasn''t getting to the fetus yet, you''d know if you had problems with the sushi, and even "loads" of coffee only increases your risks a small amount.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

One last check in before going to bed, and I'm so excited and happy!!! Yay!!! Eeeek! I'm sure it's hard having this moment away from your hubby, but FOUR tests can't be wrong, lady! Spotting seems pretty common in the early stages; especially since you're having dark colors and not reds.

How exciting!

Are you just away from home for tonight and tomorrow? When will you be able to see your hubby and celebrate?

Thinking good things for you, and I'm so elated for you! Eeek!!!

(So much for being the "crazy infertile lady" now!!!)

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I suppose it's too much to think you took a camera with you on your trip just for the purpose of posting pictures of pee sticks, huh?
2.gif

What cycle of IUI was this for you guys?

Yay! Can't wait to get more details. Enjoy the moment... it's gonna be a wonderful ride to parenthood. Yep, it is!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Fisher and Phoenix! Logically I know the drinks and sushi wouldn''t have caused a problem at this point, but it did give me a moment of panic.
Fisher- I have my camera but I don''t have the cord! I''m here until noon Friday, so I''ll be home sometime Friday evening (depending on traffic, which may be a bear since it''s Labor Day weekend) This was the 7th IUI. We did 5 with clomid and 2 with injectables. Just last week i was thinking through how many more IUIs to do, when we should move on to ivf, etc.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Tiff, congrats!! That is such awesome news, and I''d just wipe those beers and sushi memories from your mind.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tiffany That is so great
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
And so strange/funny too! Maybe you can be on that show "I didn''t know I was pregnant."
2.gif
Apparently spotting is really common, so I hope for you this is the common benign kind! Would you be 6 weeks along then?? If so that would sure be nice because that''s 2 less weeks to wait and worry about reaching the 12 weeks mark. Are you going to go to the docs and check to see if its all ok? You don''t have any other symptoms of ectopic, right? Boy oh boy I hope this is it for you, more than anything!! It has been a long road with bumps along the way
39.gif
I have a good feeling though. Has it sunk in yet?

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Tiffany!!!! How exciting!!!! I''m new here, but I see that you''ve been here for awhile...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer, Cara and Lanie-Thanks!
Dreamer- unfortunately for me, I didn''t take the test until after 5 so by then my dr''s office was closed for the day. I''m going to call first thing in the morning though. I''m sure he''ll do betas and an early ultrasound. He said previously that they would watch me very closely due to the history of ectopic. (although I"m making it difficult to be watched closely since I''m six hours from home!) I haven''t had any ectopic signs, although the first one didn''t rupture until 8 1/2 weeks!
I don''t think it''s really sunk in yet. The spotting has me a little freaked out. Although I do know that many women have spotting and everything turns out fine. I''m keeping my fingers crossed.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tiffany Congrats! We juuust moved from Madison last month and I have a fabulous OB and a few good hospital recommendations if you need one. But I am sure all is fine!

If you are in Madison downtown the closest hospital is Meriter followed by St. Mary''s. I delivered at St. Mary''s and the staff was wonderful but Meriter also has a reputation for being great. Hopefully you won''t need anything but if you do you are in good hands.

I''ll keep my eye on this thread in case you want a doctor recommendation for some reason. Congrats again!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Neat! I''m hoping I don''t need a hospital but I did look up the address to St. Mary''s just in case. I work for SSM in St Louis so St Mary''s is probably where I would go if I needed to. It''s good to hear good things about them!
I knew you had moved from Wisconsin but I wasn''t sure if it was Madison or not. This area is really beautiful!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 11:34:02 PM
Author: tiffanytwisted
Thanks Neat! I''m hoping I don''t need a hospital but I did look up the address to St. Mary''s just in case. I work for SSM in St Louis so St Mary''s is probably where I would go if I needed to. It''s good to hear good things about them!

I knew you had moved from Wisconsin but I wasn''t sure if it was Madison or not. This area is really beautiful!

It is nice! Make sure you eat some fried cheese curds (preferably from the Old Fashioned on the square) YUM!

And I visited the L&D ward at St. Mary''s more times than I care to admit during my pregnancy and everyone I came across was really nice and very knowledgeable. Dr. Waters was my OB if he happens to be on call-I love that man (I would consider leaving my DH for him if he wasn''t gay
2.gif
). But fingers crossed that you don''t need it!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crossing my fingers for you Tiffany!

What great news!
1.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany! This is amazing! Freak-tastically amazing!
are you getting excited? oh wow, what a surprise.
Hard to be far from home at this point!
wishing you all the best! and please do get some cheesy fries, mmmm.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
*peeks inside massive thread*

Hi Folks!
35.gif
For those of you who don''t know me already (which is probably many) I''m SparklyLibra. I''m not entirely new to the forums, but so totally new to this thread. I tend to lurk from time to time, and that''s just cause sometimes I feel so "brand new" around all the veteran posters. I thought I''d come out of my shell again today, because I''m really excited to have started this new chapter in my life.

I don''t know that I''ll ever be able to catch up on this entire thread, or know everyone''s story. I try to read up as much as possible, but this summer has been so busy. So please be patient with me if I seem aloof at times or ask a repeat question.

Up until recently, DH and I thought it would be best to wait until April next year before we started TTC. We had some financial goals that we were working towards, but have since had a major burning to add to our family. When we looked at our goals, and how far we had come, we realized that TTC at this time wouldn''t set us off our goal of putting a certain amount down on our home at closing, come April. In fact, we''d have closed the house, and have paid off the line of credit before the baby arrived if we started trying now. I guess we were so focused and "not now" had been our mantra for so long, that we didn''t realize just how much time had passed, and how much we had cleared our debt.

Anyhoo, I rant.... Sorry
5.gif

So we JUST recently started "flying without a parachute", so I guess that just goes to show how green I am to this whole TTC thing. DH and I did some baby dancing on the 29th & 30th of August. I decided to check my calendar to see where we were at in terms of my cycle. (I had been charting my cycles recently, but only because they had been fluctuating between 21 & 28 days for the past few months). The last two cycles were 28 days and based on that, I should have started ovulating on the 29th & 30th of August. This didn''t dawn on me until after we Baby Danced.

It''s been almost 9 years since I had my son, and I have no idea where to begin. My son wasn''t planned, so I really am clueless, lol!

So I have no idea what to expect from here. I don''t know if this will be a long journey for us, or a short one. I just know that there''s a TON of information out there and I''m so overwhelmed with reading, that I''d much rather find a nice cozy corner in here with you ladies. Everyone here seems so friendly, knowledgeable, and encouraging, unlike the vultures and jackals that I''ve seen in other fertility forums. I feel safer here & I figure my head won''t get chewed off in here if I ask a silly question.

So here I am ladies, TOTALLy brand new at this, but thought I''d introduce myself, as y''all seem so friendly and helpful.

35.gif

melz

Shiny_Rock
Tiffany how fabulous! I think it''s wonderful that this happened so spontaneously in a way. Sending you sticky vibes.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Eeeeee!! Tiffany, so excited for you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Sending lots of sticky dust!!!

Hello, and welcome, SparklyLibra! Glad to have you on board!! There''s getting to be quite a group of us who are either just starting or planning to start TTC in the next few months.
9.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
oh happy morning reading
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

so many congratulations tiffany!!! I can only imagine how neverous you must be after your previous experiences, but for what it''s worth, like dreamer i have a really good feeling. the whole nine months kind of a feeling.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
TIFFANY!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I''m giving you a GREAT, BIG cyber hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I''m soooooooo happy for you! It''s definitely been a long road, but today is proof that it''s all been 110% worth it!
9.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
bah. post eaten.

basically, I wanted to say to Fisher - hurray for spontaneity and from a strong man!

I was afraid about the "tearing apart" potential, but fortunately, this *struggle* has brought use closer together. We share a common goal and a common path to reaching that goal. we both hurt and hope at the same time. I feel very lucky to have someone that understands this experience and more importantly, who understands me. thank goodness!

welcome sparklyLibra
35.gif
hope that it's a short, but sweet stay!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tiffany I am sure everything is fine... but I also know in your shoes I would be nervous! If you feel the need, go try to see someone for some reassurance at least. No reason to be a trooper unnecessarily.

Gosh how exciting! Tiffany and Swimmer in the same month!
36.gif

Festy

Shiny_Rock
I have no time to post right now but just wanted to give a HEEEUUUGE congratulations to TIFFANY!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

I read your story with mouth agape, I have to admit. What super, super news. Sending tons of non-ectopic dust your way, friend!
35.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results