shape
carat
color
clarity

5 carat Antique Assher Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hubby watches Antiques Roadshow all the time. Tonite, he yells at me to come see "this diamond ring". A lady had brought in a huge Deco (1928-1930ish) 5 carat Assher cut with one very large tapered baguette on each side, set in plat. The step cut was fabulous, the diamonds were gorgeous, and the ring was exquisite!!
love.gif
Her Grandmother had left her the ring!!
eek.gif

The expert said he assessed the diamonds as very WHITE and the center stone as Flawless. He strongly recommended she get the diamond verified and the ring appraised. He guessed the ring would bring $35,000 to $50,000 at auction. After appraisal, most probably more!!
22.gif

rededteck

Rough_Rock
I saw this on last night as well. The stone was beatiful. Depending on the specs once it is graded.

It was a monster. It is hard to beleive diamonds from 60 years ago remain as popular or more popular today. Goes to show you, a diamond is forever, just pass it on to the next generation.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
This is a pic of Festivities' ring from the "Show Me the Ring" Forum. This is very similar to the one shown on Antiques Roadshow.
3.gif

The baguettes on the sides were proportional to the 5 carat center set stone. The ring was HUGE!!
love.gif

Verysimilar.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results