shape
carat
color
clarity

tropiqalkiwi''s Pro Wedding Pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful wedding!!! The venue was magnificent!!! The pictures were gorgeous!! Congrats on a perfect day!!

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Many warm congratulations to you, Mrs. Tropiqalkiwi
36.gif

Your pictures have an amazing ''dreamlike'' quality to them...so elegant.

Like Gwendolyn, I also love the picture with all your little flowergirls. The way your arm is raised, it almost looks like you are holding the wall sconce, while twirling in your magnificent ball gown...lovely.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 11:47:05 AM
Author: cleokizzy
Date: 8/27/2009 11:36:34 AM

Author: tropiqalkiwi

cleokizzy - If you want more detailed photos of the hair let me know, it held up really well as a style and looked great before I put on the tiara too.

curlysue & princessplease - thanks for chiming in, its fun to see what people think of the pictures!

YES please! i was actually going to ask but changed my mind in posting it because i was too shy to ask...
5.gif

I created a new thread with more hair pics in it - enjoy!

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 11:44:33 AM
Author: Barcelona
Looks like a very beautiful wedding! I recognized the ceiling right away
9.gif

Are you from Chicago? I haven''t lived there for awhile and it took me forever to find this place, but when I did I was like WOW!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I love everything about your wedding
30.gif
, reminds me the enchanted movie, your wedding is like a fairytale.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
OMG and so are you!!! Congrats! Everything looked wonderful!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! Your day was just gorgeous!! You do look like a princess!! I love the emotional pictures too, they almost have me choked up. As a fellow Chicago bride (although over a year away!), I LOVE your venue!! It goes with the whole look of your wedding wonderfully!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Your photos are gorgeous, the dress, everything. The picture of you and teh flower girls is AMAZING! and I think your cake looks good too.

everything turned out fantastically and I love how your photog really captured your moments... i soo feltlike I was there! Thanks for sharing. You and your husband looked beautiful.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
So stunning! Your photographer captured the day so, so well!

Sorry if someone else asked this- but was your venue the Cultural Center? I was there a few weekends ago visiting a sis and we took a stroll to gaze at all the wonderful Tiffany glass... that dome looks awfully familiar :)

My sis and I were wondering about weddings @ the venue. Did you enjoy the experience overall, in terms of staff & planning?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!
36.gif
Congrats!

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
Oh my GOODNESS, what a dreamy wedding! I love love love your dress and your venue was just gorgeous. Congratulations!!

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 2:43:27 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
So stunning! Your photographer captured the day so, so well!

Sorry if someone else asked this- but was your venue the Cultural Center? I was there a few weekends ago visiting a sis and we took a stroll to gaze at all the wonderful Tiffany glass... that dome looks awfully familiar :)

My sis and I were wondering about weddings @ the venue. Did you enjoy the experience overall, in terms of staff & planning?

Yes it is the Chicago Cultural Center! I had a great experience with the staff there. They were flexible about meeting times and were accommodating to my "odd" requests, such as having all 3 parts of my wedding in the one hall. Apparently they normally rent out another space down the hall for cocktails while they turn the domed space. Well I just had them preset everything so all they needed to do were move the chairs. It worked great, but I had a smaller group (80).

You completely take care of catering AND alcohol yourself (I used one of their pre-screened caterers and they helped me get alcohol through a local liquor store which saved alot of $) This was just perfect for me - I got to pick my own wine! - but if you want something all inclusive this is not it.

Let me know if you want any other info.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
wow... that location was insanely gorgeous! you looked absolutely stunning! your dress was to die for!

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Tropiqalkiwi, you said you had 30''s/40''s/50''s music playing all night! This is something I am thinking about doing instead of more modern music. Both my fiance and I are big band/swing fans. Did anybody make a comment about the lack of popular music, or did everybody have fun and get on the dance floor regardless?

My biggest fear is that we''ll pick all this wonderful music and nobody will dance because it''s not "Brick House" or something like that!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
first off, congratulations!! second, you''re wedding was gorgeous! third, you had a dream dress!!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! What an amazing venue! Your dress is divine when it moves! Congratulations- your photos are wonderful!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely LOVE your wedding!!!! =)

Your dress is just divine, is it an organza skirt???

I want to make mine like that too!!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Tropiqalkiwi - As soon as I saw your dress I remembered your design thread! It turned out just amazing! It has amazing flow and movement! Your wedding looks like it is straight out of a magazine shoot! Absolutely stunning dear!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Wow! So beautiful, magical and dreamy!! Congratulations on a perfect wedding!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
everything looks absolutely amazing! I adore your shoes.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for sharing such nice thoughts!

Date: 8/27/2009 5:37:24 PM
Author: ts44
Tropiqalkiwi, you said you had 30's/40's/50's music playing all night! This is something I am thinking about doing instead of more modern music. Both my fiance and I are big band/swing fans. Did anybody make a comment about the lack of popular music, or did everybody have fun and get on the dance floor regardless?

My biggest fear is that we'll pick all this wonderful music and nobody will dance because it's not 'Brick House' or something like that!

Ts44 - well I don't know if this counts as a comment, but my brother thought it would be ok to switch the ipod with the playlist we made for his ipod which he did without consulting anyone so we had one of those hip/hop/pop line dancing songs. That was my single bridezilla moment - I looked at him with such anger in my eyes and told him NO!

Luckily no one heard, and I had him wait to switch it back till the song was over - I did not want to create an obvious break - but he was embarrassed and ashamed and such.

And yes, people (at least the ones of our generation) didn't dance as much as they would have to modern songs. You are certainly taking that risk. But I really wanted to keep that romantic magical quality all night and so we made that decision. People had fun, especially the older folks, dancing to the music, but it seemed mostly people wanted to sit and chat and catch up. So I don't think there was a lack of entertainment on any level.

So I would figure out what is important to you: Do you want your younger guests to dance the night away? Then you will probably have to throw some trendy songs in there. Or do you want music that you and your FI will love dancing to that will also create a mood and feeling of another time throughout the evening?

You can also do both, have the swing/big band stuff early on then move to more modern music as it gets later.

Whew, sorry that turned out so long!

Cindygenit - yes the skirt is 3 layers of silk organza!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
everything looked beautiful!! LOVE your shoes.

congrats!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous pics, kiwi. Your dress is heavenly, I am so impressed with the design and the movement. You look like a princess!

Also, thank you for the input on using "older" music. FI and I want to incorporate big band/swing music into our reception during the cocktail hour and some of the after dinner dancing.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
tropiqalkiwi - your pictures are just amazing. You look like the classic beautiful bride, just fresh, and natural and simply beautiful. You both look so happy, you can feel the love bursting from your pics.

I have to say, I got to the one where you are dancing with your Dad and I burst into tears. Such a touching picture. I can''t wait to dance with my Daddy on my wedding day!

Congratulations
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
WOW everything looks stunningly beautiful, congrats to you both I am in awe of your pics and your dress well
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
is all I can say :).

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!! Your pictures are amazing!!! Everything looked just perfect (and so did you)!
36.gif

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. That''s one of the most beautiful weddings I''ve ever seen
36.gif

Congratulations on your marriage!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Lovely. Entirely enchanting!
Congratulations ... thank you for sharing your pictures! I love your dress and you looked fabulous!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous photos!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
oh man I actually started to cry when I saw the pic of you and your dad dancing (my dad will be the same way)... anyways you had such a beautiful wedding everything was gorgeous, you and your husband look so happy and fun!

And where was your venue??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results