shape
carat
color
clarity

How old were you when you got engaged?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
engaged at 21, married at 23, just had 7 yr anniversary
1.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
mmeowcollins: That is so great that you share the same birthday as your fiance! It seems like you can come up with some really fun birthday party ideas, playing on the fact that you have the same birthday.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I'm engaged now at 23, but we've known that we're going to be a forever thing since when we first got together five years ago (I was 18 at the time). Sometimes it really does happen that way!

We're getting married this summer. I'll be 23 and he'll be 24. In regards to someone else's comment about trends in certain cities regarding age, education, socio-economic status and such... We're Canadian...We both have two degrees and I'm finishing up number three this year. And then I'm on to a doctorate, but we'll already be married by then!

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Engaged when I'd just turned 20 (he was 22) and married 2 1/2years later. We celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary this August.

I never thought about being too young and neither did anyone else at the time as far as I know - no-one ever commented to that effect. Both families were delighted at the news as I remember. Perhaps both sides were just relieved to find that someone actually wanted to marry their weird child......?????

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
I got engaged (friday) at 23, and I'll be 24 when we get married. My FI is 24 and will be 25 when we get married.
Seems young compared to lots of y'all, but we're from Texas. Southerners get themselves hitched eariler, I reckon (heheee). Even career minded women here get married earlier -- I'm in law school, and most of the women know are married or engaged at my age.

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone. What a neat post. I am not engaged yet, my boyfriend and I have decided to wait one or two years because we are young (I'm 18, he's 19), yet we frequently discuss it (we have been dating since I was 15), and then get married after we graduate and are somewhat financially stable (so most likely a longish engagement). Some of you stated you were "secretly" engaged. What exactly does that mean? It's not something i've heard before. It's nice to learn a little about everyone in posts like these.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Clownfishfunk: I admire you and your partner's maturity. I know a lot of young couples who get caught up in the excitement of romance.

My sister met her husband when she was 18. They dated for close to ten years before they got married. They knew they were life partners and didn't need to rush it. In the meantime, the both finished college and both finished grad school.

sunset522

Rough_Rock
I got engaged at 20 (still senior in College) and married 2 days after I turned 21.. but then again My parents introduced my hubby to me
1.gif
and things worked out.. and i have no regrets
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results