shape
carat
color
clarity

The Hairstyle Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Partly because I a) have NO clue how I want to wear my hair on the big day & need some inspiration and b) don''t feel like reading for class (
3.gif
)

SO- Post your wedding hairstyle inspiration photos, or an actual photo from the big day (for those who are already hitched!)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Ha! I was going to post a ''how should I do my hair'' thread this morning! I might still do it, because I don''t want to totally jack, but this is my current inspiration:

taylor-swift1445.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Or this:

a6e36c183bdc9a75eca38a4f8973aba9_m.jpg

ChemGeek

Rough_Rock
I have definitely been having hairstyle trouble too, couldn''t find anything I remotely liked for a while, then I came across this one; I can''t remember where the heck I found this picture, it''s obviously a mannaquin but I liked it so I saved it in My Pictures to try out later when the time comes. I''m also wearing a headband with no veil, so that is also why I had this saved (even though my headband is all metal, it''ll still look like this I hope!) I really need to just go out and actually buy some bridal mags (can''t believe I haven''t done this already!) for inspiration also.

Copy of hair.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Chem I love that style! I wanted a headband like that so bad...why didn''t I get one?!
3.gif

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
Here are two pics showing the front and back of my hair for my wedding day. My hair was done at 10am, and the wedding wasn''t until 5 so the back had loosened up perfectly for the ceremony. I had brought in a few pics of what I liked, and she did a great job!

annieshairdo523.JPG

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
I am interested in seeing the different hairstyles as well! I have been growing my hair out for the wedding but now I really want to cut it back to the A-line stacked haircut I had before and wear it straight and poof the top and put the veil and headband thing I bought on... But I can''t find any pictures!! Here is a pic I found if I keep it longer..

jmahair1.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Something like this

sehesjes6kjrsdrjs.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Or this

Jena, I LOVE that style!!!

regerhrdehdhxfdhdf.jpg

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
my hair!

rsz_hair_from_side_with_earrings.jpg

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
Cocolaw, is your hair long and pinned up or is it short and pulled back?? I love it!

ChemGeek

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 11:54:26 AM
Author: sunnyd
Chem I love that style! I wanted a headband like that so bad...why didn''t I get one?!
3.gif

Oh my gosh, I know,right? I fell in love with this headband AFTER I bought my headpiece!! arghh... But the good news is that 1. I got it on eBay, and 2. it''s a Tacori, so if I wanted to resell it, I''m sure I''d get at least what I paid for it!
I did find some very pretty headbands here: http://perfectdetails.com/HCB002.htm?Category_Code=Bridal-Headbands but they are WAAAAAY out of my price range!
15.gif
I would have to wear this thing every single day to make it worth the money! I have also seen some almost identical to the one in the picture I posted, but can''t, for the life of me, remember where I saw them! (as I frantically search google!)

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
it''s long! past my shoulders.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
something like this....

half-up-half-down-homecoming-hairstyles.jpg

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
or this... getting married on the beach :)

beachwedidnghair.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 12:48:41 PM
Author: ChemGeek

3.gif

Oh my gosh, I know,right? I fell in love with this headband AFTER I bought my headpiece!! arghh... But the good news is that 1. I got it on eBay, and 2. it''s a Tacori, so if I wanted to resell it, I''m sure I''d get at least what I paid for it!
I did find some very pretty headbands here: http://perfectdetails.com/HCB002.htm?Category_Code=Bridal-Headbands but they are WAAAAAY out of my price range!
15.gif
I would have to wear this thing every single day to make it worth the money! I have also seen some almost identical to the one in the picture I posted, but can''t, for the life of me, remember where I saw them! (as I frantically search google!)
$500?!?!?! What are they, insane?!?!
6.gif
Very pretty though. Not to enable, but they have some really pretty ones on weddingfactorydirect.com in the $50 range.
31.gif

daught3rofEve

Rough_Rock
This is my inspiration for my hair... I have very very thick hair, and thats the only reason I''m going to a professional stylist for my wedding day... I can''t seem to get curls to stay "curly" towards the top of my hair. It''s so heavy, that is stretches the curls out until I have Hippie hair (curly at the bottom and board straight at the top of my head). I have plenty of body, but its just SO heavy
40.gif

I want wavy, romantic style curls.... Fi is in love with my hair. I swear, he''d marry IT if he could.
3.gif

the photo is courtesy of http://mizzchievouz.blogspot.com/

t-bridal-1.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 12:33:56 PM
Author: cocolaw
my hair!
Coco- I''m in LOVE with this style!!! Did you take in an inspiration pic to your stylist? Do you mind if I steal a bunch of photos from your big day so that I can take them to MY stylist??

I like lots of styles but think 95% of them wouldn''t work with my hair/face shape/overall wedding style, but this ''do is FAB.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Coco, I also am in LOVE with your hair!! It is gorgeous!! I can''t wait to see it on your big day!

ChemGeek

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 1:04:49 PM

Date: 8/25/2009 12:48:41 PM
Author: ChemGeek

3.gif

15.gif
$500?!?!?! What are they, insane?!?!
6.gif
Very pretty though. Not to enable, but they have some really pretty ones on weddingfactorydirect.com in the $50 range.
31.gif

Yup, insanity pretty much sums it up!!! Thanks for the heads-up! I checked it out, way cute!! I also found some on Esty (I am realllllly starting to LOVE this website!) that are reasonable as well! I think I''m going to end up buying one more and trying them both out now, then go with whatever I like more!
9.gif

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
lol no problem :) i have already broken my original "no-faces" rule, so i''m sure my head/hair will be showing in a lot of pictures. i would be flattered if you used them!! my wedding is nov. 14! when are your weddings/hair trials??

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture from my wedding...sorry for the poor quality...I will look for some others that show my hair...this was a good "front" shot

am459864095804958045.jpg

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I love this one crossed with the first pic that sunnyd posted..

(i''m finding project wedding has the best pictures to browse through for hair)

hawaiianhair.jpg

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I have a few inspiration shots
1.gif

Carrie_Underwood_2005_CMAs.jpg

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
and this one..

carrie-underwood.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 11:04:22 AM
Ha! I was going to post a ''how should I do my hair'' thread this morning! I might still do it, because I don''t want to totally jack, but this is my current inspiration:

I really like styles like this. I don''t want anything too harsh & pulled back, but all-down won''t work for me, either. This looks so soft and romantic and natural (but better!)

Anyone else find that the major wedding sites (brides, the knot, wedding bee, project wedding) have a LOT of the same photos? Hmph.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 2:08:28 AM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom

Date: 8/25/2009 11:04:22 AM

I really like styles like this. I don''t want anything too harsh & pulled back, but all-down won''t work for me, either. This looks so soft and romantic and natural (but better!)

Anyone else find that the major wedding sites (brides, the knot, wedding bee, project wedding) have a LOT of the same photos? Hmph.
Yeah. And now PW has been bombarded with vendor photos of their hair flowers. How annoying, especially since you can only view 8 per page! Boo.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 10:07:14 PM
Author: hawaiianorangetree
I love this one crossed with the first pic that sunnyd posted..

(i''m finding project wedding has the best pictures to browse through for hair)
Ohhh LOVE IT! Saved!
9.gif
Thanks Hawaiian!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw this thread- Coco, do you have more pictures of your hair? It is beautiful and perfect! My FI loves my hair down and curly. I like buns, I also think a bun would show off my dress because it has a very high lace neck and I don''t want to cover it. He thinks buns make a person look ''bald because its pulled so tightly on top"
19.gif
Boys! Your style is the perfect compromise though! I would love to see more pictures if you don''t mind.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results