shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire 20th anniversary ring from BGD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/16/2009 5:25:40 PM
Author: pierreone
Date: 8/16/2009 12:28:16 AM

Author: freefly

Do you mind sharing the name of the seller on Ebay? My friend has been looking for a cushion shaped sapphire, and yours is gorgeous!!!

freefly - the seller is siamgold78. He mainly sells treated rubies, but also offers a variety of gems like spinel, sphene, spessartite, and some sapphires. When I bought mine, he had a few larger untreated or gently heated sapphires. Right now he has a smaller (.98ct) gently heated sapphire.
Thank you for sharing the info, sorry it took me so long to respond. Your ring is beautiful, wear it in good health always and enjoy!

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! I love the color of your sapphire. And congrats on the 20th anniversary!!!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Pierreone!

Firstly, I don''t know how I missed this the first time around - your ring is very beautiful, extremely so!

the reason I''ve bought up your thread, is I stumbled across your ring whilst I am considering a design that is very similar, also for a sapphire (there are photos in my thread here).

I am also thinking to have mine done by BGD, so I was so happy to see yours!
Can I please ask you a few questions about your ring?
It would be helpful for me to make a few decisions on my own, if you don''t mind..

Again, I love your ring and sapphire!

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
Hi arjunajane, thanks for the nice compliments on my ring.

I''ve been following your thread in Colored Stones. I can''t wait to see what the sapphire looks like. It''s funny, because that LM ring you posted was one of the inspiration pics I sent to BGD when he made my ring (along with a Jeff Cooper design).

I''d be happy to answer questions - feel free to ask away.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 11:38:22 AM
Hi arjunajane, thanks for the nice compliments on my ring.

I''ve been following your thread in Colored Stones. I can''t wait to see what the sapphire looks like. It''s funny, because that LM ring you posted was one of the inspiration pics I sent to BGD when he made my ring (along with a Jeff Cooper design).

I''d be happy to answer questions - feel free to ask away.

Hi Pierreone,
Yes, that LM ring - so guess what, I requested a quote - and got refused based on his "too many quotes" rule. I''ve only asked for one about 2 yrs ago when I first came to PS
20.gif
such a jerk, lol!

Anyway, doesn''t matter because yours is just as pretty! Can I just say as well, I''m well impressed that you got this sapphire from ebay - the colour and cut are both beautiful!

Can you tell me please, approx. how wide is your shank? I am hoping for quite a substantial look like yours, but am guessing it will need to be scaled back a bit as my sapphire will be smaller.

Also, is there any kind of concern in keeping the channel diamonds clean/are they easy to clean? Do you still love the square em cuts, is there anything you would''ve changed with hindsight (just curious).?

I know you clearly prefer white metal, but seeing the ring in person, do you think this design *could* work in two tone ? (YG shank, plat head)?

And of course...*that* question..cost. You don''t have to answer this by any means, or if you to just give a ballpark like over x and under z.
I was hoping the quote from LM would let me know, yes I can afford this ring, or no - move on and choose something else. Not to be, ha ha..

Thanks heaps P for your time, I sincerely appreciate it!
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your 20th anniversary. This ring is to DIE for. JUst love it!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
Kaleigh, thanks.

arjunajane, sorry about the LM quote, although after reading some threads lately, maybe it''s not such a bad thing to get turned down.

The shank is 5mm up by the stone and tapers to just a tad over 3mm.

For cleaning, I soak the ring in soapy water for a bit, use a soft toothbrush on it, and rinse it off. No problems so far. The square cuts - I absolutely adore them. I think they''re my favorite thing about the setting. They don''t sparkle like a princess cut, but they are white and so interesting to look at. Actually, I''m saving up to hopefully have BGD make a channel set, square cut diamond wedding band to go with the sapphire. If I were forced to change something, maybe I''d go with slightly less chunky prongs, although I''m not a claw prong girl. Really, though, probably wouldn''t change anything, it''s exactly what I wanted.

I think it could work in two tone, but I''m having a hard time picturing it. You''d have three different colors (blue, white and gold) and three different shaped stones (your sapphire, squares and either traps or tapered baguettes, right?). Maybe if I get some time later tonight I could try Photoshopping one of my pics to have a YG shank.

The setting was just a tad over $3000. I''m sure it varies with your ring size, stone size, ctw of side diamonds and metal.

Hope that helps. Can''t wait to see how it all turns out.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
P,
thanks very much for answering all my questions, you''ve been a huge help.

ya, I think you may be right about the "being turned down by leon" thing - I''m not going to lose any sleep over it.
1.gif

You''ve answered everything I wanted to know, and thankyou for sharing on the price - that seems reasonable for the ct weight etc.
I''m glad you''re really happy with your ring, it was a lovely classic choice!

Only do the photoshop if you can be bothered/have the time.
Now I know BG have this ring in their catalogue, I may ask them to do so for me (if you don''t mind).

Cheers lovey!
aj

35.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a STUNNING STUNNING ring!!
36.gif

I love the color, the cut and the setting. Great job. Happy Anniversary!!

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Oh lordy, that''s a stunner! I like the crispness of the sides next to the sapphire - excellent contrast.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi again Pierreone
35.gif

Just wanted to say thankyou, as in large part due to your beautiful ring, I am now in talks with BGD to make my own version
1.gif

May I just ask two more Q''s, for perspective''s sake - would you mind please to tell me
how wide (mm) is your shank (at it''s regular width plus at the top where it widens to join the head)?

Also, do you mind to share your ring size?

I really admire the proportions of your ring, so I would appreciate if you were comfortable to share these details.

Oh, and I hope you don''t mind me being a semi-copycat! I''m sure they will end up quite different though
2.gif

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
Stone Hunter, litebrite - thank you!

arjunajane - hope you like working with BGD. I had a very good experience with them.

My shank is 5mm wide at the top where it joins the head and then tapers down to just a tad over 3mm. My ring size is 8.25.

Sorry I haven''t been able to Photoshop the shank in yellow gold. I just upgraded my OS and am having conflicts with some programs.

No worries about being a semi-copycat. To me, everyone''s free to get what they like. I hope you enjoy the process and can''t wait to see the ring!

JSRNM

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring. Congratulations on your 20th and many more!!!!

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
That is totally gorgeous. Congratulations on this special anniversary and enjoy!

dinamit

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2009 11:14:27 AM
Stone Hunter, litebrite - thank you!

arjunajane - hope you like working with BGD. I had a very good experience with them.

My shank is 5mm wide at the top where it joins the head and then tapers down to just a tad over 3mm. My ring size is 8.25.

Sorry I haven''t been able to Photoshop the shank in yellow gold. I just upgraded my OS and am having conflicts with some programs.

No worries about being a semi-copycat. To me, everyone''s free to get what they like. I hope you enjoy the process and can''t wait to see the ring!
Hey Pierreone,

Thanks heaps for the reply, those details help alot!

No worries about the photoshop - Brian may be able to do so for me
1.gif

So far I''ve had a great time speaking to BGD, so hopefully all will work out and I''ll be able
to do this project with them.

Cheers!
35.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Stunning! What an incredible sapphire!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
What an elegant ring. The blue in that sapphire is stunning.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
amazing ring!! =)
may i ask where did you get your sapphire from?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 2:12:09 AM
Author: haagen_dazs
amazing ring!! =)

may i ask where did you get your sapphire from?

haagen, this is what pierreone has said in answer of that question on pg2 of this thread:

"ds2006 - I found the sapphire on eBay. I had contacted a couple of gemstone vendors but then this stone got listed by an eBay seller I''d bought from before. I was pretty hesitant at first, after reading all the eBay warnings on the Colored Stones forum, but he gave me a great return policy so I could have time to get it tested and appraised. The results came back on the up-and-up, and my appraisal was really great, so it all worked out."

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
hi haagen - arjunajane is correct, the sapphire was a lucky eBay find

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 5:21:59 AM

lucky indeed!
36.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
im am being in awe of your anniversary ring its absolutely stunning
30.gif
and congrats on your 20th anniversary!!
36.gif

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 5:21:59 AM
yaeh woow=) very nice
who is the ebay seller?
does the person have a reputation of selling decent good coloured stones?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results