shape
carat
color
clarity

OFFICIAL debut of 4.64 ctw 3 stone ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Date: 8/18/2009 5:27:46 PM
Author: ms.halo
Gorgeous! I hope you keep it set as a three-stone because it''s really perfect.

You think so? I am getting used to it, but feel the side diamonds take away from the main stone... I spent $700ish getting the setting fixed and I''m still not 100% on the prongs. I think when/ if they wear down again, I''ll change the setting.. just not sure... I have always LOVED the original Tiffany setting

Darn it! I put the "." next to some of the pictures so I could go back and edit the descriptions! Ahhh!

I was going to say that when I first got the ring, it was razor thin on one side and not safe!!

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 5:37:20 PM
Author: swedish bean
Date: 8/18/2009 5:27:46 PM

Author: ms.halo

Gorgeous! I hope you keep it set as a three-stone because it''s really perfect.

You think so? I am getting used to it, but feel the side diamonds take away from the main stone... I spent $700ish getting the setting fixed and I''m still not 100% on the prongs. I think when/ if they wear down again, I''ll change the setting.. just not sure... I have always LOVED the original Tiffany setting

A solitaire would be stunning (and those side stones would make knock-out studs), but I really think the side stones are in perfect proportion with the center. And at 3+ ct., I don''t think you should worry about anything detracting from that amazing stone.
2.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW-WEE, that is one beautiful ring! Grandma (or was it Grandpa) had great taste! I like it as a 3 stone also but
a solitare on a band with pave diamonds would also be beautiful (as well as the earrings you could get out of it)!

Oh I was going to say that I DID look at changing the setting before deciding to repair it. I looked locally at Knox jewelers who wouldn''t even give me a ballpark estimate on the cost of one of their settings (ah, I will not get a ring made so you can tell me the price later!) and Also looked at BGD but due to my immense fear of shipping it to someone opted not to go with them (yet). Their customer service was super and if and when I switch settings, I will more than likely go through them. They were professional, gave me a price, and any information I was wondering about. I actually felt really guilty not going through them, but the worry of mailing my ring right now just was too great! (I even thought about me, myself driving to them, or flying out there to personally hand it to them :D, I''m a freak!)

Date: 8/18/2009 5:43:49 PM
Author: tyty333
WOW-WEE, that is one beautiful ring! Grandma (or was it Grandpa) had great taste! I like it as a 3 stone also but
a solitare on a band with pave diamonds would also be beautiful (as well as the earrings you could get out of it)!
I believe grandpa picked it out, because he gave it to her on xmas in 00 or 01... she lost her original e-ring many years ago gardening!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Swedish - we have the same cat & the same chair. . .now only if I had a ring like yours! WOW! Huge and gorgeous!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the new pics! Once again that ring is beyond fabulous, your e-ring is beautiful too. The picture of your cat is absolutely adorable!
1.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
everything about that ring is so lovely!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t change a thing about that ring - it is just superb!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I would keep the ring as is. It looks perfect to me. Absolutely gorgeous!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Lovely rings!!!
30.gif

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That 3-stone ring is gorgeous!

Thank you everyone!

As I said before, the comments I got from my friends were, "Oh... this is your new ring.... yeah... I don''t really like gaudy jewelry" and "Oh, it''s kind of costumey.. it looks like costume jewelry!" to some people actually saying nice comments. I''ve been a little sensitive to comments about it (hey opinions are fine..) but I found those particular friend comments beyond rude. Funny, they are going to be my MOH and bridesmaid too.

DSS had already set in and I''m like... "Hmmm this looks more like 2 carats... doesnt it?"

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Those who make comments about it being "gaudy or costumey" are just jealous! You have a beautiful heirloom!!! Lucky you!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yum!

cheers--Sharon

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Holy god it''s incredible!
30.gif
30.gif

I would keep it the way it is, not a huge fan of solitaires and I love 3 stones, but the idea of making lovely studs from the sidestones is a good one.

I''m not a fan of ''gaudy jewelry'' or whatever your friends said either, and I couldn''t wear a ring that big every day, but anyone who says anything other than ''what a huge, gorgeous, amazing diamond ring'' is simply jealous.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Swedish Bean....your ring is absolutely stunning. I have a certain fondness for 3 stones and would keep it just the way it is. It definitely does not look like costume jewelry and anyone who is shallow enough to say so is simply jealous. Perfection.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

WOW!

That is all.

C

cozzagirl

WHOOOOOOOOA!!!!!!!!!!!!
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It''s STUNNING!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! JUST FABULOUS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
This is one stunning ring - I came back often to look at it... Gorgeous!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
oh what a GORGEOUS RING...what a special ring. I would keep it as is..it''s just perfect!

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
this is a beautiful ring and I think sentimental value alone (if you liked your g''ma of course) should help you wear it proudly forever. personally I don''t think it ever needs upgrading or remaking. please enjoy it

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring and what a nice reminder of your grandma.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, that is breathtaking!

I wish my nan had a big diamond like that!
3.gif

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock
It''s perfect just the way it is! What a special gift. I would love to own something like that someday...
31.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
wowzers, what a BEAUTY!!!!!
30.gif
don''t listen to those people. Huge hugs; we are so happy for you
36.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
It''s spectacular! Love the new pics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results