shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Prayer/ Dust Request....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
G''Morning PS Fam.

Yesterday my mom was in a car accident. She was T-Boned by a 65 year old woman who ran a red light. The car is totaled. My mom''s ankle was broken so bad that the bone had snapped and was sticking clear out the other side of her foot. Not to mention that her foot was partially severed. It was practically dangling, and had to be held together by a stranger until the ambulance got there
39.gif

Granted, I am very thankful that after how badly she was hit, that''s all that she came away with as far as injuries go, but she''s in sooooo much pain, her life will change forever, she won''t ever walk the same, and this will affect her work. She''s 58 years old, but she''s such a work-horse, and needs both jobs to carry her bills. In the past we''ve tried to get her to sell her house and buy a condo, but she wasn''t having it. Maybe this will force her to slow down? Idunno, I''m just searching for answers.

Does it make me ungrateful that I''m a little bit angry that while my mom is laid up in a hospital bed with a permanent metal rod all the way from her knees down, and two metal bolts on either side of her new ankle, that the woman who did this is just at home chillin''? Like, why does she get to run a red light, change my mom''s life forever, just get two measley charges, and get to go home
33.gif

My mom will most likely be laid up for at least 6 months (she''s a heavy-set woman, so recovery will be really rough which isn''t good for her diabetes, b/c she used to love to walk) and will likely need a cane for the rest of her days...

PLEASE, we need all the prayers and dust we can get, for a speedy and as full of a recovery as possible.....

Thanks

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh your poor, poor mum, what an awful thing to happen to her
15.gif
Hope you and your family are all coping, it''s terrible to watch someone so close to you go through something like that. Prayers and masses of healing vibes outgoing xxx

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry.

Your mum will be in my prayers.. I hope that her recovery is as quick and pain free as possible.

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what an unfortunate thing. I''m sorry that this happened and wish you mom a get well. She is lucky to be alive! Be happy that you still have her. I lost my 23 year old sister 3 months ago, its very hard to deal with.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh poor Mom! Sending her lots of prayers and recovery dust!

Sailor, I''m so very sorry to hear about your sister!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
More prayers for you mom!

Anger is a natural reaction now and has nothing to do with being grateful or not. You''re actually grieving a loss, you know your mom will never be the same.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of prayers to your mam. Hopefully she''ll have a quick recovery.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Oh, thats awful. I am so sorry your mom was hurt. I hope that she is not laid up for too long. And your feeling of anger that the other woman is at home is perfectly natural. She will probably just get a traffic ticket and thats all.

Your mom is in my thoughts.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I am so sorry for your mom and for your whole family to have this terrible thing happen. I am very glad your mom is alive and her injury is limited to her ankle.

Gosh I hope her pain goes away quickly and she has a good recovery. I am praying for you and her. I am hoping that with good physical therapy and treatment maybe she will regain substantial use of her foot/leg again. There is a lot of hope there as the technology is really good in that area. Hang in there and tell your mom how much you love her and rejoice in the fact that she is alive and with you today, even with an injury.

Many hugs,

Mary

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
Hopefully the woman had insurance. I would definitely get a lawyer for the injury settlement. It will help with the bills.

I am praying that she feels better soon.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
praying for your dear mom.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry this happened to your mom. It''s not fair. I hope her recovered goes quickly and with as little pain as possible.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry this happened SL sending prayers and recovery dust her way

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2009 7:49:41 AM
Author: Deelight
I am so sorry this happened SL sending prayers and recovery dust her way
Ditto, this is terrible! So sorry to hear this, much dust and prayers heading your Mom''s way.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. I am very glad she is still with us, even though she is injured. I am thankful that we have more time with her. I guess I''m just angry she has to suffer so much pain. Thanks again for all of your prayers, dust, and kind comments.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Praying for your mom. I am so sorry to hear about this terrible accident and its affect on your mom.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I hope your mother heals up quickly and has a successful recovery. Her injuries sound AWFUL! My thoughts and prayers are with her now.

And to talk busines... As a former BI adjuster, I can advise that this can be a very long process, as payments cannot be made until all medical bills are in...and she signs a release. Also, just wanted to have your mother notify her own insurance company, even though she was not at fault. Underinsured moterist coverage may be needed, as state minimuns for bodily injury can be very low... in some states only $10,000 per person... her insurance company can offer some additional protection - if this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results