shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a secret.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

April20

Ideal_Rock
A good friend is visiting me this weekend. She''s been looking at upgrading her e-ring for over a year now. Nearly 2 actually. The ring she has was her MIL''s- can''t remember the history. It''s a small stone- maybe .25 or so and NOT good quality. I don''t think she''s ever loved it. Or even liked it really. She''s been sending me links to settings she likes for months now. Just yesterday she said her husband called her and told her he was looking at a motorcycle frame on Ebay and "it was a really good deal". She reamed him and told him that he wasn''t getting another motorcycle until she got her ring. Fastforward to tonight.....

We had plans for dinner at some friends'' house. My friend opted not to come with us. Her DH called me while we were there and asked if I was with her or if I could talk. Turns out he''s been riling her up on purpose to throw her off the scent. He went and bought the ring she loved TODAY and has it. He is so excited he can barely contain himself. We''re all going to Mexico next Sunday for a week and he''s planning to give it to her at dinner while we''re there. I am SO, SO excited for her. He sent me a text message pic (it was bad- blurry). I tried to get him to read me the specs, but all I got clearly out of him was that it was a G color and .85. I''m going to try and get pics of it after she gets it. I love knowing she''s getting the ring, but hate that I know and can''t tell anyone!!!! (Okay, I totally told my DH- I had to tell someone!).

Anyhow, I thought it was really sweet and just wanted to share the story.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
That is so sweet! What a lovely DH. Your friend will be so happy!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Such a sweet story! Her husband sounds like a good guy. Hope she LOVES it.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
How exciting!!! What a sweet DH!!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
That is so sweet!
36.gif
And you are a good friend for being so excited for her.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
aw I love it when guys are "up to something" in a fantastic way!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yay! How exciting! I can''t wait to hear her reaction!! Keep us posted, please!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s very sweet of your friend''s husband, but I hope she''s not so upset that she can''t appreciate it when he finally gives it to her. That''s what''s happened to me on a couple of occasions where my husband will change plans we made for something important, and I got so angry with him that when the thing finally happened, I almost really didn''t care. But that''s just me.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Aww, that is sweet! Hopefully he didn''t rile her up too much, though. Can''t wait to hear about her reaction!
36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s so sweet! I sure hope he didn''t go overboard with the riling though!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2009 10:16:03 AM
Author: gemgirl
That''s very sweet of your friend''s husband, but I hope she''s not so upset that she can''t appreciate it when he finally gives it to her. That''s what''s happened to me on a couple of occasions where my husband will change plans we made for something important, and I got so angry with him that when the thing finally happened, I almost really didn''t care. But that''s just me.
I think she''ll be okay. Now that he''s bought it, I think he''ll leave her alone. He was riling her up to get information out of her. He explained that when I called him on it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet guy??? I think that is totally cruel to be talking about getting a motocycle body just to rile her up!
Why cant guys just do what they are going to do and not yank our chains in the mean time?
14.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2009 1:46:30 PM
Author: tyty333
Sweet guy??? I think that is totally cruel to be talking about getting a motocycle body just to rile her up!
Why cant guys just do what they are going to do and not yank our chains in the mean time?
14.gif
Well, in his words, it was a great deal and something he''d love to have. But he isn''t buying it given that he just bought her ring. It took him longer to get it than he wanted because he had to earn the money for it on the side without her knowing. She''s been talking about this ring non-stop for nearly two years- I think he wants her to be genuinely surprised. She has NO idea that it''s this close.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a sweetie! and for two years of saving up without her knowing! thanks for sharing

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I think that is very sweet. She will be happy once she understands why he did it.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that''s so sweet! Can''t wait to hear about how surprised she''ll be when she get the ring!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How sweet of him. I will be anxious to hear her reaction.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
OH how cute. That''s a pick-me-up, for sure! Love it- and enjoy your trip to Mexico! I''m hoping to go down there for my honeymoon in October- we have''t planned it yet- care to share more about the trip??????

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2009 9:45:57 PM
Author: charbie
OH how cute. That''s a pick-me-up, for sure! Love it- and enjoy your trip to Mexico! I''m hoping to go down there for my honeymoon in October- we have''t planned it yet- care to share more about the trip??????
Happy to.

We''re staying at the Excellence Playa Mujeres for a week. We stayed there last year about this same time and loved it. It''s hotter than all get out, but it''s low season- slightly more affordable and there''s low occupancy in the resort. We had a great time last year, the resort is pretty secluded and is quite far from town. We were fine with that- we went "shopping" once last year and it was awful- overpriced to the point that I could get it cheaper at home. There''s isn''t much of a "night life" at the resort, so it''s not the kind of place to go if you''re a night owl and love to do things until late. We said last year that it''s the perfect place to go with other friends, so that''s what we''re doing this year. Our friends haven''t ever been on a real vacation together during their marriage- nearly 7 years. I''m almost more excited for them to be going than us!

The food is better than other all inclusives we''ve been to- buffet or restaurant for bfast and lunch; only restaurants for dinner. If you''re a "foodie", you probably won''t be impressed with the food, but it was dependable and we found no complaint with it. They offer premium liquors, though you do have to sometimes request a specific one or they''ll use the house brand.

The prices have REALLY come down in the last year with the economy and threats of swine flu. We booked in February and got a great deal over last year, but the price has dropped even more since then. It''s nearly HALF what it was last year- and this includes airfare.

We booked thru Cheap Caribbean and I''ve found great deals on that site for three years running. I''ve heard Travel Zoo has some great deals right now too. A friend of mine got airfare and 5 nights at the Ritz in Puerto Rice for about $600 a month or so ago.

Have you started looking for anything yet? October is getting pretty close!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so sweet!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Evidently he couldn''t contain himself. I got an email from my friend today with pictures of her new bling. She''s thrilled. She pasted the pics directly into the body of the email. If I can figure out how to extract them, I''ll post a pic. When i talk to her next, I''ll ask her how it all played out.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2009 5:58:11 PM
Author: April20
Evidently he couldn''t contain himself. I got an email from my friend today with pictures of her new bling. She''s thrilled. She pasted the pics directly into the body of the email. If I can figure out how to extract them, I''ll post a pic. When i talk to her next, I''ll ask her how it all played out.
Good for him!

To copy her photos to your Pricescope file under "my pictures", roll your mouse over her photo so it turns blue, then right click your mouse. When the little menu comes up, click on "save to" and that will bring up your "my documents and then within my documents- my pictures. Then left click on your Pricescope file and her photo will be saved. If you don''t have a Pricescope file, create one. Then you''ll be able to "browse" and upload her pics into your post to us :)

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2009 6:34:30 PM
Author: gemgirl

Date: 8/17/2009 5:58:11 PM
Good for him!

To copy her photos to your Pricescope file under ''my pictures'', roll your mouse over her photo so it turns blue, then right click your mouse. When the little menu comes up, click on ''save to'' and that will bring up your ''my documents and then within my documents- my pictures. Then left click on your Pricescope file and her photo will be saved. If you don''t have a Pricescope file, create one. Then you''ll be able to ''browse'' and upload her pics into your post to us :)
Thanks for that... I don''t have PS file, I usually manually upload from my computer. The issue this time is that when I right click on her photos, the only option is to copy or format. I can copy, but it will only paste into a new email message. I have NO idea what she did!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2009 8:54:52 AM
Date: 8/16/2009 9:45:57 PM

Happy to.

We''re staying at the Excellence Playa Mujeres for a week. We stayed there last year about this same time and loved it. It''s hotter than all get out, but it''s low season- slightly more affordable and there''s low occupancy in the resort. We had a great time last year, the resort is pretty secluded and is quite far from town. We were fine with that- we went ''shopping'' once last year and it was awful- overpriced to the point that I could get it cheaper at home. There''s isn''t much of a ''night life'' at the resort, so it''s not the kind of place to go if you''re a night owl and love to do things until late. We said last year that it''s the perfect place to go with other friends, so that''s what we''re doing this year. Our friends haven''t ever been on a real vacation together during their marriage- nearly 7 years. I''m almost more excited for them to be going than us!

The food is better than other all inclusives we''ve been to- buffet or restaurant for bfast and lunch; only restaurants for dinner. If you''re a ''foodie'', you probably won''t be impressed with the food, but it was dependable and we found no complaint with it. They offer premium liquors, though you do have to sometimes request a specific one or they''ll use the house brand.

The prices have REALLY come down in the last year with the economy and threats of swine flu. We booked in February and got a great deal over last year, but the price has dropped even more since then. It''s nearly HALF what it was last year- and this includes airfare.

We booked thru Cheap Caribbean and I''ve found great deals on that site for three years running. I''ve heard Travel Zoo has some great deals right now too. A friend of mine got airfare and 5 nights at the Ritz in Puerto Rice for about $600 a month or so ago.

Have you started looking for anything yet? October is getting pretty close!

Great ideas on places to book through. I''ve heard excellent things about that resort- so much that we are thinking of going there. I know it''s close, but prices keep coming down actually, so we are waiting on a good deal. Plus, that''s a project for FI...and it''s always hard to get him to pull the trigger. Thanks for the information, I''m going to look it up more!!! It sounds like a perfect place for us!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2009 10:56:47 PM

Great ideas on places to book through. I''ve heard excellent things about that resort- so much that we are thinking of going there. I know it''s close, but prices keep coming down actually, so we are waiting on a good deal. Plus, that''s a project for FI...and it''s always hard to get him to pull the trigger. Thanks for the information, I''m going to look it up more!!! It sounds like a perfect place for us!
It really is nice and the prices do keep dropping. I''ll try to remember to post a few pics for you when we get back.

April20

Ideal_Rock

I am not one to be denied.... I have figured out how to get pics of the ring on here. I printed the email she sent me to pdf, cropped out the pic I wanted, pasted it into Powerpoint and then saved it as a Jpeg. It''s not as clear as the original photo, but it''s good enough!

Here''s her new ring.

surprisering.jpg

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool setting!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 9:08:06 AM

I am not one to be denied.... I have figured out how to get pics of the ring on here. I printed the email she sent me to pdf, cropped out the pic I wanted, pasted it into Powerpoint and then saved it as a Jpeg. It''s not as clear as the original photo, but it''s good enough!

Here''s her new ring.

what a GORGEOUS ring, you have a very lucky friend, her FI seems like such a sweet guy and she has such a lovely sparkly!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
So excited for your friend!!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results