shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this 3.3ct RB? Need help analyzing images.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback on my other two threads regarding the color (H) and size (3.3ct) of this stone. With your reassurance and a visit to a jewelry store to see an H color stone, I think I''m comfortable with it. As for the size, I have to admit that the difference between a 3.3ct and my 2.5ct isn''t as noticeable as I''d like BUT I have to remember that I need to consider the size on its own and I''ve concluded that I probably wouldn''t be comfortable wearing anything too much bigger. So I went ahead and requested images on it and here they are!!

They seem to look good to me but I don''t trust myself and would really really appreciate your opinions. Thank you so much for hand-holding me through this process. Don''t know what I would do without you guys!!

Idealscope image...

IS image 81409.jpg

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
I just notice that the arrow (in black) at the 9 o''clock spot is slightly shorter than the others. Do you think that''s a problem? Or do you think it''s just the angle of the stone?

ASET image 81409.jpg

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
I have another question and it''s regarding the Sarin report. The numbers are just slightly different from the GIA certificate (GIA rounded off a couple of numbers) but enough that it changes the HCA score and the grade from Excellent to Very Good. Which set of numbers is more ''accurate''? The Sarin report''s or the GIA''s?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2009 9:08:14 PM
Author: diamondnut
I have another question and it's regarding the Sarin report. The numbers are just slightly different from the GIA certificate (GIA rounded off a couple of numbers) but enough that it changes the HCA score and the grade from Excellent to Very Good. Which set of numbers is more 'accurate'? The Sarin report's or the GIA's?
I think it looks great! The Sarin numbers always vary especially with GIA, they round the proportions so nothing to worry about. Sarin are also prone to variance in themselves, the images check out so I wouldn't worry. You could post the Sarin and pic of the actual diamond too, I take it the stone is on hold? Also don't worry about the HCA score, it is only meant to be a first round elimination too, this is normal you will get different results depending on what set of numbers you use, you have images which trump the HCA score anyway.

The image could be tilted which is making the arrows look a little shorter, I take it the diamond isn't an ACA? It looks like a super cut and size to me.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
yap, Image trumps HCA score and the image is good.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing wrong with this stone!
hubba%20hubba.gif

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lorelei,

Thank you so much for your advice. Here''re the GIA specs for the stone:

table: 56%
depth: 61.8%
crown angle: 35
pavilion angle: 40.8
crown height: 15%
pavilion height: 43%
no culet
no fluorescence
HCA score: 1.6 (EX/EX/EX/VG)

And here''s an image of the diamond. You think the measurements are pretty much as ideal as they can be? Meaning even if they get more ideal, the visual difference in performance wouldn''t be really discernible anyway.

stone image 81409.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2009 8:29:37 AM
Author: diamondnut
Hi Lorelei,

Thank you so much for your advice. Here're the GIA specs for the stone:

table: 56%
depth: 61.8%
crown angle: 35
pavilion angle: 40.8
crown height: 15%
pavilion height: 43%
no culet
no fluorescence
HCA score: 1.6 (EX/EX/EX/VG)

And here's an image of the diamond. You think the measurements are pretty much as ideal as they can be? Meaning even if they get more ideal, the visual difference in performance wouldn't be really discernible anyway.
It looks SUPER, BIG thumbs up!!!! I have no complaints whatsoever, the angle ranges complement well and kicken images!!! I don't think it can be improved on.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
yumm
18.gif

loverock

Shiny_Rock
Nice stone. Love the size!
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results