shape
carat
color
clarity

Destination Elopement Location

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
So we were thinking Hawaii, and still haven''t ruled it out, but are now looking to various tropical destinations. Want a lovely beach to get married on, a lovely resort, preferably all-inclusive. I don''t want to spend a gazillion dollars on the trip, but say around $6,000 for a week??? Any recommendations - I am really feeling overwhelmed with the choices and want to find something just right!!!

AsscherNut

Rough_Rock
Try the Excellence Resorts and Secrets Resorts that are in Mexico, Jamaica, and Punta Cana area.
They are amazing and i think you can find really great deals now.
I''ve stayed at the Excellence Playa Mujeres and found it the most relaxing vacation that I''ve ever been. It''s approx. 2 years old. If you want a great beach...try the new Secrets Maroma Beach.

Good luck finding your dream destination :)

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
I totally know how you feel, LC! FI and I were thinking about eloping to Hawaii as well...I still say Secret Cove would be lovely.
2.gif
HOWEVER, we wanted to go somewhere we''d never been, so I kept searching, and we''ve landed on Fiji. We haven''t booked yet, but hope to in the near future. The resort we''ll marry at is called Royal Davui- it looks super romantic and has everything you''re looking for! Actually, most of the resorts I considered in Fiji would be lovely and romantic! Plus, the Fijian dollar is weak in comparison to the USD, so there are some good deals to be had.

andex23

Rough_Rock
Trade
I''m with Goggles on this one. We''ve also picked Fiji. The Fijian dollar is worth about half of the US dollar so when you see their price says $800FJD, that''s $400 USD. With that being said, we''re going for a week and "everyone" (meaning our guests) are paying around $2K (US) per person for 1 full week. That''s Airfare, accomodation, food, taxes, etc. We are staying for 2 weeks and staying one week with family/friends for the wedding, and a second week as a honeymoon on another island and we are paying somewhere in the neighborhood of $4k per person. So for 8K, we have oceanfront everything, wedding ceremony, all food, etc, all airlines and all taxes, etc. Also included in the $8K is about $750 pp in scuba diving.

Fiji is cheap. We''ve even had people call us and ask if they can bring friends because $2K is such a good deal to go to Fiji (our answer was yes because we''re doing an EXTREMELY causal wedding and we feel the more, the merrier!)

Hope this helps.

andex23

Rough_Rock
Trade
Also, call a travel agent. Tell them what you want exactly and let them do the work for you. It''s what I did and that''s how we found possible places and narrowed them down to our choices.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''m about to go to a family wedding in Rarotonga, Cook Islands in a few weeks. I''ll let you know how it goes. From the pictures I''ve seen of Raro, its a gorgeous place.

I recently saw pictures from a friend''s wedding in Cabo at The One and Only Palmilla resort. It looked STUNNING. Pricey but probably worth a look. I think there are other The One and Only resorts as well in other places in the world.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Belize?

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
we are doing beaches negril in jamaica.... we don''t have kids but our guests do so that is why we choose that resort. check out Couples Resorts if you are interested in Jamaica. We were just there in January and had an amazing time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results