shape
carat
color
clarity

How does this sound ladies?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

guysneedhelp

Rough_Rock
Im about to propose to my girlfriend with a diamond from BGD. She's out of state for now, but is coming to visit soon. We are taking a trip to Sedona and go hike and site see for the weekend. My idea was to go to Sedona this weekend before she comes and find a perfect spot that has a beautiful view along the trail side with a nice shade tree, on the tree I am would carve 'Marry Me?" Then when she comes we go hike along the path and stop for some food & water under the tree, hopefully turn her toward the tree as she reads it pull out the ring. Game over.

Does that sound like a good proposal idea? Would you rather hear the words? Should I put a yes/no check box? Sounds good to me, but I'm a guy :)

Thanks for the help in advance, diamond pics are to come when the ring gets here!

My other options I had were..

We are renting a beautiful B&B, I could have then cover the room in flowers and drop the question when she enters, or do it at dinner. I'm open to more ideas! Its sedona and couldn't think of a better place to ask!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m not sure about the whole carving in the tree as that is a permanent fixture on that tree then KWIM? ALthough it would be cute but you would have to be sure that she sees the tree and that you pick an obvious tree that you would remember which one it was.

I think asking here at the B&B in you room would be a great idea as well. This is a good option if she is private and would want this to be a private moment. You could have flowers waiting for her and all over the room with candles or you could make it less obvisous with a present that is larger than a ring box, but would have a smaller ring box inside.

Do you think she is expecting the proposal?

guysneedhelp

Rough_Rock
Hey,

I don''t think she is expecting it, but probably floating in the back of her mind as wishful thinking. I think she probably doesn''t expect me to ask yet, but one day. Yeah the room idea does sound good, plus after she says yes hopefully that way we would''t have to hike all the way back to the car and drive to get to the room :)

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a big fan of defacing nature in any way, and if your girlfriend loves nature she might feel the same way.
Sorry.
8.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
ditto.

i spent a vacation in sedona earlier this year - had a great time. i think you''ll find carving anything into a tree is not only a bad idea, it''s probably illegal. so i''d bypass that plan.

however, the whole place is like a postcard, so i''m thinking you''ll find somewhere beautiful in almost any direction. with the red color of all the rocks around there, sunset would be a magical time to ask her. ditto sunrise. you know...''a new dawn...a new life together...''

good luck! i''m sure it''ll be wonderful; love is what will make it special :)

vaethn

Rough_Rock
Go with the room:) I wouldnt mind being asked at dinner but I have heard that many women do. They dont seem to like the publicness of it. It depends on your girl but I think th room would be very romantic of you. Good luck:)

djknap

Rough_Rock
I see where you are coming from with the whole tree idea..being unique and all but I think it is something that sounds better in your head then in real life. Whatever you do I would keep the proposal extremely private with just the 2 of you, then go out and celebrate somewhere

Not sure how close you are with her family, but in our relationship it is very important, so I want them and our friends to be a part of it. I am planning on proposing next month myself. I planned on taking her to church in the morning because thats where our first "date" was then I am going to take her to 3 or 4 of "our" other spots (this brunch place, rangers game and a couple other spots) and the whole time I am going to have my friend be disguised and taking photos of us the whole time. I have a 3 story townhome in downtown Dallas and while we are away I plan on having our parents and friends deck out the rooftop with 100''s of flowers and candles. We are going to end up back at the house later that evening and I am going to have everyone hide in the garage so we can make it up to the rooftop without her knowing whats going on. When we get up to the rooftop everyone is going to come out of the garage and setup the downstairs for a party. I am going to propose on the rooftop then have her come down and have all of our friends and family there and have a big surprise party. O and I am going to have a huge posterboard with all of the photos pinned up from earlier that day (GIRLS LOVE PICTURES!) I figured this way it will be extrememly private when I am proposing but then we can come down to all of our friends and family to celebrate.
Hope this helps with some more ideas

BeachBum83

Rough_Rock
Trade
There is no need to carve stuff into trees or deface other signs, rocks, etc in nature areas.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful, but lets not deface nature
15.gif
maybe find twigs rocks, that you can spell it out for her have a banner already made up and there already. just a thought or do a pretend GEO cashing or something lol.. and hide it somewhere where that you can direct her to find and have her open it up with a piece of paper or something that says that you want to marry her. then present her the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results