shape
carat
color
clarity

is this price quote reasonable??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
C

cozzagirl

ok so i recently bought my stone from GOG and had it set at a B&M (Charleston Alexander). I also found the band that I really want at that store. However, my stone is an L and i want the band to match the color of my center diamond so they told me they would do a custom setting with K color stones (as that is what seemed to match when she brought a few out).

The band: platinum RB 5 stone 0.49ct total (see pics).
The quoted price: $2650 with custom setting to sit flush with my ering
My questions:
- Is this a reasonable price given the quality of the stones that will be set?
- If not, where would be a better place to find a wb like this? (I have searched the internet and it is pretty much impossible to find a curved 5 stone that is not channel set)
- They were going to do a custom setting to sit flush but do you think the wb (without being custom) looks about as flush as it will get? Or, is it worth it to pay them extra to get it that much closer to the ering?
- my stone is 1.24ct; do you think i could go up to a .75ct total without taking away from the center stone?

Thanks so much for all of your help!!

The Ring 017.JPG

C

cozzagirl

the lighting was AWWWWWWWFUL at their store (yellow, ugh!). these do NOT do justice to my center stone.

The Ring 018.JPG

C

cozzagirl

some of these pics were with my stone propped up on the setting before it was actually set...

The Ring 027.JPG

C

cozzagirl

sorry so many. better to give an idea i guess...

The Ring 030.JPG

C

cozzagirl

last one.

C

cozzagirl

ok j/k forget the last one. instead i''ll attach a few pics of the other bands i looked at to get your opinions of which one you like best. this one is a seven stone.

The Ring 014-1.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that band and pointer size looks to compliment your ering nicely, so me personally I probably wouldn't go any larger. But have you tried something a bit larger just to compare? Also have you thought about maybe asking like WF or BGD about making one similar? That price sounds kind of an awful lot to me
33.gif

ETA: oh I just saw your other straight band. I actually like the straight band more and I'm not bothered by gaps at all, I have a gap with my ering, but I can at least wear the wedding band alone whenever I feel like it.

C

cozzagirl

TheRing 011.JPG

C

cozzagirl

and now one without the curve. i kinda feel like that much space between the two would bother me. any ladies with a gap have an opinion?

please disregard the tags.

TheRing 004.JPG

C

cozzagirl

ok, that''s the last of the five million pics. hehe.

TheRing 006.JPG

C

cozzagirl

D&T, I actually haven''t asked any of the online vendors yet as i have a bit of a fear when it comes to mailing my ering. i don''t know if a curved band is something standard that they could make without having to send them my ering, but i would think they might also need it to match the stones. guess it wouldn''t hurt to ask anyway, tho! at least to price match....

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the curved 7 stone! The 5 stone curved one is nice too, but I was drawn to the 7 stone. I think that the curved band looks as close as it is going to get to matching up with your e-ring (which is gorgeous BTW). I wouldn''t pay the extra $$$ to go custom! Can''t wait to find out what you pick! Keep us posted.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the gentle flowing curve of the seven stone. I wouldn't go any larger. The stone size is a nice compliment to your e-ring. I like the seven stone because it covers just a tad more of your finger.

I don't think you have to go custom and pay the premium price for custom work. There are manufacturers who stock this type ring. Take a look at the Excel website. They have a variety of curved bands. We'll keep looking for you too.
http://www.exceldiamonds.com/Wedding-Rings-6/

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 8:21:01 AM
Author: gemgirl
I like the gentle flowing curve of the seven stone. I wouldn''t go any larger. The stone size is a nice compliment to your e-ring. I like the seven stone because it covers just a tad more of your finger.

I don''t think you have to go custom and pay the premium price for custom work. There are manufacturers who stock this type ring. Take a look at the Excel website. They have a variety of curved bands. We''ll keep looking for you too.

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/Wedding-Rings-6/

Ditto the curved 7 stone looks awesome against your e-ring and I wouldn''t go any larger either. but I do also agree you can find this elsewhere!

C

cozzagirl

Thanks so much for all of your opinions!! I was actually thinking to myself that i might eventually wish i had gone with the 7 stone were i to get the 5 stone....so i think i will most likely go with the 7.

gemgirl: thanks so much for the link! excel actually does not have a curved prong set 7 stone ring; for some reason the vast majority (if not all!) of curved bands are channel set and i definitely am not looking for channel.
38.gif
38.gif

so, if anyone manages to come across a curved prong set 7 stone, PLEASE let me know!!! otherwise i think i will have to go with the straight band and live with the gap....
21.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Put me on the curved 7 stone band wagon too...very pretty with your ering!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 5:28:38 PM
Author: tyty333
Put me on the curved 7 stone band wagon too...very pretty with your ering!
Ditto

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the curved 7 stone! I like that one much better than the 5 stone.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.danforthdiamond.com/diamond-wedding-rings/8812/14K-White-Gold-2-mm-Contoured-Wedding-Band-with-Prong-Set-Diamonds-%28.50-ct.-tw.%29/details.htm

I would call some of our PS vendors too, like Excel and ID Jewelry and anyone else who stocks a lot of different diamond wedding bands on their sites. They might have one in stock and just not pictured, or they might be able to make one for you. Anywho, I found this half carat seven stone on the Danforth Diamond website. It's 14K, G/H color SI clarity for $605.- Good price for sure!

8812_SDanforthDiamond.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the 7 band, it looks really nice.

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
Hi there,

I do feel like the price quoted to you, even if it''s custom, is a little high for the color and carat weight of the stones. I think you should definitely shop around for different prices. I highly recommend Excel Diamonds and I know they make custom pieces. Also, regarding the gap, I don''t mind it so much. I also prefer straighter bands because that means you can wear it by itself without the ering. But if you do decide to order a curved band, I vote for the 7 stone band. I really like the finger coverage there. :)

trishy

Shiny_Rock
there is something about the curved 5 stone that i like the best. so i vote that.

C

cozzagirl

oh my gosh gemgirl that is perfect - at a MUCH better price! thank you sooooo much for finding that! i am definitely going to contact them...and some other PS vendors! woooohooooo :)
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

as far as wearing a band alone, i think i''m actually going to get a plain 2.5mm band as well (since i work in healthcare and can''t wear stones underneath gloves....)

thank you everyone for the votes - you''ve def helped me see the light, hehe
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results