shape
carat
color
clarity

Which setting for my 2.68ct Tourmaline?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought this and I need a setting. The stone is 10 x 7 x 6mm deep. There are a few designs from LOGR that I've been quoted on for a custom ring:

Design #1 which would cost $219 and another $94 for the custom work = $313

Design #2 $279 + $153 in custom work = $432

Design #3 $158 + 153 in custom work = $311

Which setting do you like best? Are these prices reasonable?

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmm, I think I like #1 most . . . then again, it''s most like your avatar ring (lovely, btw!) and I don''t know if you want to have vastly different styles or not. Me, I tend to go for the same thing over and over.
1.gif

#3 always makes me do a double-take b/c the curvature of the shanks seems a little off. Every time I see it I always think that the setting has been bent. Is it just me?

Price seems totally reasonable to me, but I haven''t bought a LOGR setting yet, just looked a lot.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I agree about #3, it does look a bit off. I do really like #1 but it is almost exactly like my emerald cab and pear topaz rings. Maybe I should change it up? #2 is a lot of look though...

Newbie627

Rough_Rock
I like #1

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Well, if I''d know that the symmetry of #3 is good I''d get that one, but otherwise I vote #1, as the double halo of #2 might be too much for your stone (the stone itself is not exactly small so two more halos...).

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I like #1.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #1. But, I wonder, is that one designed to have a bit of an airline? Looks like it might, but I'm not sure.

I also really like the 6x8 oval with the single dimaond pave shank that LOGR has. It's a great setting, tight and dainty halo, and looks much more expensive than it actually is. Also starts at $189.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 for me, simple and elegant and not over powering your gem

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for your input! I''ve decided on #1. This ring will be one of my b-day presents from my parents so I''ll have to wait until October to post the finished product! Thanks again for all your help!
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like design 1 is meant to have a small airline if you don’t mind that. Design 2 with the double halo is too much for me, but perhaps not others. The design of #3 is nice but the shoddy workmanship is a turnoff.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results