shape
carat
color
clarity

Save-the-date addressing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Question for you helpful ladies --

Are the save-the-dates addressed like the invitations with "Ms. Ann Smith & Guest," or are STDs sent to "Ms. Ann Smith" only, with no attention being paid to the (unknown) guest she will be allowed to bring?

Thanks!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 7:19:15 PM
Author:mscushion
Question for you helpful ladies --

Are the save-the-dates addressed like the invitations with ''Ms. Ann Smith & Guest,'' or are STDs sent to ''Ms. Ann Smith'' only, with no attention being paid to the (unknown) guest she will be allowed to bring?

Thanks!
Include +Guest if they will for sure be able to invite a guest. If they are travelling, it allows for proper time to make arrangements. And also, if they won''t be bringing a guest, you''ll find out on the RSVP anyway.

That''s just what I was told. Its nice to know up front.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, charbie!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
my best guess would be for the outer envelope only to address specific people, and the inner invitation to mention who is invited (Anna + Bob, or Anna + guest).

When my FI receives wedding invites, they either say both of our names, or just his. I''ve been invited to fewer weddings, but am generally invited individually, or assumed as a +1.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
ack... realized you are talking about STD''s!

The one''s that I have gotten have still only mentioned the person that it was addressed to, with no mention of guests...

Someone who is better at etiquette might weigh in
12.gif

I do understand the dilemma though... I am just recently engaged, so I could never ASSUME before that I was going to get a +1, despite having dated for longer than most of our friends who were getting married!
20.gif
It was never an issue (as we have mostly the same friends, from college), but it always made me anxious.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results