shape
carat
color
clarity

Padding in dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I am having a freak out moment.
I had pads put into my dress up top so that I would not have to wear a bra and so that I could fill it out. I am a 34B cup but one is a little smaller (sorry if thats TMI) - I figured by putting the pads in it would also even things out a bit, even though people tell me that they cant notice the difference.

When I picked up my dress, I was so excited to see them EVEN in my eyes and I loved the look.

Today when I tried it on, I gasped because they seemed HUGE to me...even, but BIG.
I am so afraid that when people see me they will think I got a boob job....in my eyes it looks a cup size bigger.

Did anyone else who got padding feel this way? I thought about doing a rush alteration to get them smaller, but 5 days before the wedding it is the last thing I want to worry about.

Just curious if anyone else had a freak out moment with the padding?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Oh jeez!! Unless you're going to be reallllly self conscious about them AND the seamstress can do it really quickly, I'd leave it. Hopefully nobody's staring at your boobs on your wedding day.
3.gif

ETA: I meant to also say what girlface said below, that I'm sure noone will notice. You'll look great!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I read your title really quickly and I thought that it said PADDLING in dress. I thought you had a question about rowing a boat in your wedding dress lol.

As far as the larger boobs, I wouldn''t worry about it. I''m sure that you are the only person who thinks that they look bigger. Could it be that they are (ahem) swollen right now? Not that you have to answer that, but it is a possibility.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
oh gosh, this was also something i was worrying about because i plan on getting padding put in as well, i agree with the other ladies, i don''t think anyone else will notice, they will just see how beautiful you look and hopefully not focus on the boobs
3.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t worry about it, I also have padding in my dress, and yes it makes a noticeable difference, but I think a lot of people are used to seeing wedding dresses with padding/corsets/push up bras etc that I doubt they''d jump to the conclusion of boob-job, lol. They''d probably just assume your dress is one of many that has some extra padding to make a more flattering silhouette.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I had that problem! I''m a 34 B as well, and I''m going to have a nubra plus a padded, pushup strapless bra. UGH.

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 1:11:24 PM
Author:DMBFiredancer
I had pads put into my dress up top so that I would not have to wear a bra and so that I could fill it out. I am a 34B cup but one is a little smaller (sorry if thats TMI) - I figured by putting the pads in it would also even things out a bit, even though people tell me that they cant notice the difference.

When I picked up my dress, I was so excited to see them EVEN in my eyes and I loved the look.

Today when I tried it on, I gasped because they seemed HUGE to me...even, but BIG.
I am so afraid that when people see me they will think I got a boob job....in my eyes it looks a cup size bigger.

Did anyone else who got padding feel this way? I thought about doing a rush alteration to get them smaller, but 5 days before the wedding it is the last thing I want to worry about.

Now I''m wishing I had done this..because I could''ve USED the appearance of a whole cup size larger (I''m an A cup *cry* )

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i think you are just being self-conscious and beginning to worry about things since its getting closer! is the dress at your house? can you take a picture? and one cup size-thats really not so much. an A-B or B-C-noone will even notice. now maybe A-D you have an obvious situation :)

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh honey, don''t even worry about it! I mean, if you went from Kate Hudson to Dolly Parton, that''d be a different story, but rock it! You''ll look great! If you''re REALLY worried about it, get someone to take pictures and see how it looks. Mirrors tend to make women hypercritical of themselves anyway, and God knows looking down at your boobs can scare you half to death when there''s any form of padding involved (you have that "HOLY SMOKES, where''d those come from!?!" moment), so looking at a picture will give you a better perception of what everyone else will be seeing. Also, ask one of your parents or an honest friend for a second opinion. They''ll tell you if they think it''s a bit much. Good luck!

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 4:44:06 PM
Author: Lanie
I wish I had that problem! I''m a 34 B as well, and I''m going to have a nubra plus a padded, pushup strapless bra. UGH.
I am doing the same thing! I have a Nubra (the padded one) and then cups that are sewn in. When I last tried on my dress I was like "Holy crap I have boobs!" I was with my grandma and she just laughed at me.
3.gif

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you SO MUCH guys.....I feel MUCH better. I had a friend come over and she reassured me that yes, they are bigger, but not big enough that people will notice and wonder if I had a boob job. She suggested that I wear a padded bra this week to get used to seeing them larger, which I think is a great idea.

Phhhhhew! Crisis averted! I''ll try my best to rock ''em! ;-)

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 1:11:24 PM
Author:DMBFiredancer

I think if people notice, they''re not going to talk about it in a bad way ... unless your boobs are falling out of your dress. As long as the cleavage is tasteful, I think the reaction will be more, "Wow, look how great she looks!"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results