shape
carat
color
clarity

I AM SO UPSET RIGHT NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vaethn

Rough_Rock
To anyone who commented on my last post, thank you so much. I am not much of a blogger or a help seeker but I really appreciated the support. So, I told my story about how my friends...well, not exactly my friends but my fiance''s friends'' girlfriends.....were unsupportive of our engagement and jealous as hell. Well, one of them (the one who pretty much ignored our engagement) got engaged yesterday and is now planning her wedding on the beach right where my fi and I were planning. She is not a good friend but she is always close because my fi is good friends with hers. I have been with my fi for almost four years now and she has been around that whole time too so I cant just avoid this. Whats even worst is that we plan to marry in a place that doesnt stay warm for long so we may even have very close wedding dates. This just sucks. This girl stole my happiness because I felt bad when we got engaged before her and now she is trying to steal my wedding. I know I need to get past this and just focus on our engagement and what our marriage really means but Im so upset. I tried talking to her about it and it came out wrong. I pretty much said, I hope that you wont do that and she said sorry, thats what we have planned. Weve been planning for 8 months though. This is just not fair
15.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry Nicki. I am not engaged yet but I understand the importance of having a unique celebration for the day that you officially commit yourself to another person. I guess I wonder why she would want to have the wedding at the same location as you. If it''s out of spite then that says a lot about her character. If''s it''s because she too loves that location then, unfortunately for you, she''s entitled to have her wedding there too. Or perhaps she''s just oblivious and truly doesn''t see it as a problem. It''s unpleasant no matter how you spin it. Maybe just try to remember that there will be a lot of other things that will be signature to you and your FI - and perhaps keep those details secret.

mariel

Shiny_Rock
Sorry this girl is being a royal pain but focus on your wedding and try not to let negativity affect what is supposed to be the happiest day of your life. As far as her copying your idea, just think of it this way, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, however I wouldn''t divulge any other parts of your wedding to her or any of her friends - oh and ask your FI not to either :)

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Well, you can always totally outdo her and because your wedding dates will be so close together, people will definitely compare the weddings and your will always be remembered as the "better wedding of the two".
11.gif

vaethn

Rough_Rock
lol...thanks ladies. i agree. I am doing better today. It just sucks that someone is able to cause me such a headache at such a happy time. I am definitely not going to share any of our plans any more and my fiance won''t either. He''s not happy about this either. Mostly, he was upset that it hurt me so much but I just need to get over it and move on. Thanks so much for the support.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Just don''t go full on "Bride Wars" with her though...unless you look good in blue hair.
2.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 11:33:31 PM
Author: miraclesrule
Just don''t go full on ''Bride Wars'' with her though...unless you look good in blue hair.
2.gif
or in orange....
9.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 12:24:15 AM
Author: jcarlylew
Date: 7/20/2009 11:33:31 PM

Author: miraclesrule

Just don''t go full on ''Bride Wars'' with her though...unless you look good in blue hair.
2.gif
or in orange....
9.gif

Ahahaha, true.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results