shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Bridesmaid question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
So I wrote in a previous post about a friend who I "accidentaly" asked to be a bridesmaid and regretted it. Anyway, I still feel the same way. My issue now is that I haven''t talkied to her since like November or December. She got engaged several months ago, sent me a text message but never called me to tell me details or anything. I caled her last week and left her a message but she never called me back.

I have not talked to her about any BM stuff since the drunken request to have her in the wedding party. Better said, I haven''t talked to her at all. What do i do?

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
Do you care about your relationship with this "friend"? Have your bridesmaids done anything wedding related yet? 7 months is a long time to not talk to a close friend. Can this girl even think she''s in your wedding?

I think this is the nicest thing to do if you don''t want her in your wedding: Call once more and leave a message. If she doesn''t respond, I''d write a quick email or letter and say something to the effect of "Congrats again on getting engaged. Since I haven''t heard back from you in 7 months, I''m going to assume that you''re really busy planning your own wedding. I''ve been busy with wedding planning too. I''d love to hear all about your engagement when you get a chance, and I hope to see you at my wedding!"

I don''t think you even need to mention that you asked her to be a bridesmaid.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 5:24:17 PM
Author: CaliCushion
Do you care about your relationship with this ''friend''? Have your bridesmaids done anything wedding related yet? 7 months is a long time to not talk to a close friend. Can this girl even think she''s in your wedding?

I think this is the nicest thing to do if you don''t want her in your wedding: Call once more and leave a message. If she doesn''t respond, I''d write a quick email or letter and say something to the effect of ''Congrats again on getting engaged. Since I haven''t heard back from you in 7 months, I''m going to assume that you''re really busy planning your own wedding. I''ve been busy with wedding planning too. I''d love to hear all about your engagement when you get a chance, and I hope to see you at my wedding!''

I don''t think you even need to mention that you asked her to be a bridesmaid.

This sounds totally reasonable...I would do exactly this and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results