shape
carat
color
clarity

Mount Marcy Proposal - thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Muster Bartin

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone!

I''m looking to propose to my girlfriend soon, and we are planning an upcoming hike to the Adirondacks of upstate New York. Neither of us have been there before but we go hiking together frequently (we both really enjoy it). We are planning on hiking Mount Marcy (highest mountain in New York) over two days, and I was planning on proposing on the summit. The views are supposed to be great there with over 40 mountains visible in 360 degrees around. Does this sound like a good idea? I only ask because we are both going to be tired and sweaty (which isn''t romantic) but the view is one of the best in the eastern US (which can be romantic). What do you think?

If you want to see what the view will be like, just do a Google image search on "views from Mount Marcy" and I''m sure you''ll come up with something. Here are three results that my search yielded.

Pic # 1

Pic # 2

Pic # 3

Thank you for your thoughts -- positive or negative!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooops! Those links don''t work. My brother-in-law proposed on the top of a mountain, but it really wasn''t that much of a hike. I think it is a romantic idea if she is really into hiking and mountain climbing. But if she loves dressing up and going to nice restaurants and that kind of thing, she might rather have the proposal when she is dressed up and ready to take pictures. It''s really hard to say without knowing her. Most girls are thrilled no matter how you do it, though!

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 9:55:29 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Ooops! Those links don''t work. My brother-in-law proposed on the top of a mountain, but it really wasn''t that much of a hike. I think it is a romantic idea if she is really into hiking and mountain climbing. But if she loves dressing up and going to nice restaurants and that kind of thing, she might rather have the proposal when she is dressed up and ready to take pictures. It''s really hard to say without knowing her. Most girls are thrilled no matter how you do it, though!
I would have to agree with this. If hiking is what she loves doing, then it sounds like a wonderful idea. Just take into consideration if she is the "I''m not ready without my makeup" type of person when it comes to pictures (I know I am!) Although, even if she is, you could still pop the question up there, get some nice hand shots, and then maybe plan a party or nice dinner soon after for her to show off the ring and get some nice dressed up pictures :) But, as diamondseeker said....most girls are thrilled no matter what. So I''m sure she would love to be proposed to up in the mountain tops!! Good luck, hope this helps!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a great idea, but I''m a member of the High Pointers Club (climb the highest peaks in every state), so I''m biased. Mt. Marcy is great, though I''ve admittedly never climbed it in the summer...only the winter in the middle if a blizzard when my husband lost his glove trying to warm up his fingers which very nearly resulted in a case of frostbite. The only issue I''d worry about is the ring not fitting. I used to hike with just a simple band, but in the summer I can''t even wear that due to swelling, so she might be wearing it on her pinky on the way down.

Muster Bartin

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to thank everyone for their replies! The trip starts soon, so if the weather is good and the view is good, we''ll see how it goes. If the view and weather aren''t good, I''ll have to go with plan b.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results