shape
carat
color
clarity

More pics of ACA H&A ring (I can''t stop!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dawei213

Rough_Rock
My god! Trying to get the perfect picture or the best picture out of the diamond is tough, fun, and addictive. I spend a whole night trying to get the right lighting and setting. I mean, once I had over the ring, I doubt I''ll be able to hold on to it as long as I have. Onward to the picture!

ring0000.jpg

dawei213

Rough_Rock
Another view...

Ring0001.jpg

dawei213

Rough_Rock
Bling bling!
9.gif

Ring0002.jpg

dawei213

Rough_Rock
Took me a while to get this one but eventually i did!

Arrows000.jpg

dawei213

Rough_Rock
And here is a link to a video capturing the reflection off of the diamond!

Watch me!

song

Rough_Rock
Great pictures! Love the arrows. It's difficult photographing diamonds and being pressed for time makes it even moreso but you did a fantastic job. Gorgeous ring, thanks for sharing!

diamond dazed

Rough_Rock
Those are REALLY good pictures. Especially that last one, it really shows the diamonds symmetry nicely.

Any tips? I absolutely can NOT get any good ones. Maybe it's my Olympus Camedia 3.2... is anybody else able to take decent close-ups with an Olympus, I cannot get it to focus close up -- even macro mode requires that I stay at least 6" away from the object... sigh.....

Great job. And beautiful ring! Love that setting. Is it a D'Vatche x-prong?

Kris

dawei213

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 12/19/2003 7:25:06 AM diamond dazed wrote:

Those are REALLY good pictures. Especially that last one, it really shows the diamonds symmetry nicely.

Any tips? I absolutely can NOT get any good ones. Maybe it's my Olympus Camedia 3.2... is anybody else able to take decent close-ups with an Olympus, I cannot get it to focus close up -- even macro mode requires that I stay at least 6' away from the object... sigh.....

Great job. And beautiful ring! Love that setting. Is it a D'Vatche x-prong?

Kris----------------

Thanks Thanks!
9.gif

What I did was placed the 10x loupe in front of the camera lens and steady hands. For most of them I had to place the ring and camera on a table to get it steady. For the color of the shots, just play with the settings on the camera. I used the Canon S230. Had it had manual focus, i wouldn't have need to use the 10x loupe. But the loupe brings out the detail very nicely. Try it with the loupe! You'll be surprised.

Originally I was going to go with the D'Vatche X-Prong. However Lesley (Whiteflash.com) pointed out to me that they made their own ring similar to that except it's a W-Prong. Although personally, I like the X-Prong because of it's simplicity and the fuildiness of the design. But WF W-Prong looks very nice and similiar to it. That and it's $145 less <--- going towards insurance!
tongue.gif

If you have any questions about taking the pics, PM me and I'll be glad to help (do so before Sunday...I'll be gone for hawaii after that).

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Wow - just beautiful!

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
I also purcahsed the W-Prong (I think I was one of the very first) and am so glad I made the decision. My fiancee gets almost as many compliments on the setting as she does the rock.

diamond dazed

Rough_Rock
Dawei,

Thanks for the tips. I'll give it another try this weekend.

Enjoy your trip!

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results