shape
carat
color
clarity

had you ever been invited to a divorce party?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I was not, but my SO was. He went. He said it was weird, but everyone seemed really happy. (it was for the ex-wife, and she had been a victim of domestic abuse by her ex-hub)

Recently, he went to a cookout for another divorcing couple. (they are still living together, currently, even though it has been a while) The ex-wife brought her boyfriend to the cookout, which was a b-day party for her. This made things really awkward for all of their mutual friends, who were present. The ex-hubby left shortly.

Strange things these days...

but I'm not going to lie, I've told all my friends that if SO and I break up, I am throwing a HUGE party, since it would be my first time being single since I was 20!
23.gif
Coming up on 27 now...
32.gif
It would feel like a divorce party in many respects... we've known each other for 9 years!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
thats funny that you ask. we have a soap opera situation where i work

kim was married to geano
bob was married to courtney
angies was married to rob
rob and bob are best friends
kim is now engaged to bob
courtney is now engaged to rob and
angie is engaged to james.

its crazy, the point is rob and courtney had a divorce party for rob and angies divorce and angie and james are having a divorce party for rob and angies divorce all within 2 weeks of one another

i have never been to one, but if that is what makes them happy... i personally think it is kind of sad.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
When my girlfriend got divorced she was very depressed...so...I threw her a divorce party. I took us and two of our other friends to Las Vegas to party. We did the spa, fancy dinners, caught a show...she was happy in the end, which made me happy.

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
I threw myself a divorce party and it was a lot of fun. I made a cake and put just the bride on top. I got presents! It never occurred to me I''d get presents!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I had one for myself when my divorce from my ex was final. Never so happy in my life, to get rid of the buzzard.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/20/2009 11:33:53 PM
Author: Linda W
Yes, I had one for myself when my divorce from my ex was final. Never so happy in my life, to get rid of the buzzard.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
grandma,cuz you were laughing to the bank.
9.gif

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
My mom had a divorce party and I was really proud of her. It was more of a celebration of her moving on with her life and getting rid of the scumbag known as my father. It was actually funny because so many people came out with the truth of how they hated my dad all those years. It celebrated her strength and was a really happy occasion.

mysterylover

Rough_Rock
I don't know anyone who would think that was a fun idea, so the answer is no.

Maybe I'm just a stuffed shirt, but I don't think the demise of what was supposed to be 'forever' and "let no man put asunder" is a big joke, so "Woo-Hoo! Let's party!"

Gosh, I'm a drag.
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 8:58:48 AM
Author: mysterylover
I don''t know anyone who would think that was a fun idea, so the answer is no.

Maybe I''m just a stuffed shirt, but I don''t think the demise of what was supposed to be ''forever'' and ''let no man put asunder'' is a big joke, so ''Woo-Hoo! Let''s party!''

Gosh, I''m a drag.
9.gif

In my case, I had been physically abused. Also, he was a cop, they aren''t supposed to do these things. So I was glad to whoo hoo, let''s have a party ha ha ha ha ha.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 2:31:52 PM

Maybe I''m just a stuffed shirt, but I don''t think the demise of what was supposed to be ''forever'' and ''let no man put asunder'' is a big joke, so ''Woo-Hoo! Let''s party!''

Gosh, I''m a drag.
9.gif

In my case, I had been physically abused. Also, he was a cop, they aren''t supposed to do these things. So I was glad to whoo hoo, let''s have a party ha ha ha ha ha.

Ditto on the abuse (not my mom, me) plus my father lead a double life, had an affair and another family for 14+ years all while lying to my mother, myself and my brothers. So Linda I am there partying with you!!!

mysterylover

Rough_Rock

Gosh, I''m a drag.
9.gif

That would be a party throwing occasion for sure. I make exception for those removing themselves from destructive relationships. You must have felt such relief when you were able to ''kick him to the curb''.

joelly

Ideal_Rock

Gosh, I''m a drag.
9.gif

Oh my, this is the worst scenario. I am glad you are out of it now. So yeah!!! Party on!!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t, but I''d totally go if it was someone I loved getting out of a terrible situation or something like that.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I think like alot of other things, it depends on the nature of it.
I haven''t been invited to one, but when I was younger I bartended for one - it was the guy''s party with
all his mates, and they were just being obnoxious and the recently divorced guy was cracking onto all the women
(incl. me, urgh), so I guess my initial impression of this was pretty negative!
14.gif

In cases like Linda, I can completely see where it has its place

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
DF always has the funniest topics here!! Nope, haven''t been to a divorce party yet.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah! I threw myself a divorce party last year. My friends came over, we had pizza, rearranged my furniture
9.gif
It was awesome and a much needed distraction!
But no, I''ve never been to other people''s divorce party.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Not a divorce party, but after a friend broke up with his crazy vegetarian girlfriend (the crazy and vegetarian being unrelated traits), he threw a big ole' meat party! It was pretty fun.

But even though his ex rubbed me the wrong way a few times, I later ran into her and she was still pretty confused as to why her boyfriend of 1.5 yrs dumped her out of the blue. Made me feel sad. Even if she's a little odd and hard to get along with, she didn't deserve to be dumped with no explanation and then have her dumping partied over by all her ex-boyfriend's friends that she'd hung out with for the last year plus. Would have been different if she'd behaved badly (cheating, abuse) versus just being a person with sometimes poor social skills possibly in need of some counseling.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gosh, I''m a drag.
9.gif

I would have partied right there with ya Linda. Good for you!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Never been invited to one ,and not sure I would want to go to one if it was a marriage that ended because of the two people "just couldn''t get along" after getting married or just couldn''t work things out. Or just got bored of each other.

However I would absolutely go to one if it were a situation where the person had been emotionally/physically abused and finally got out of the situation. That''s a reason to celebrate.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 1:36:35 AM
Author: TravelingGal

Gosh, I''m a drag.
9.gif

I would have partied right there with ya Linda. Good for you!

T-Gal, I think you would have been only 2 years old then. HA, but I love the idea that you would have partied with me. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results