shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 15th June till 21st June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
YAY EVERYONE!!!! I got the job!!!!!! YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks for all the PS dust, it sure worked!!!

Today was James''s graduation. It was a loooong day, he wanted to tailgate in the morning before graduation, so we were up by 7AM. His sister has been on edge the whole weekend. Which makes James mad, and causing tension, but hopefully we''ll be able to diffuse it. I feel bad for her because she''s normally really pleasant, there must be something going on that''s causing her to be so on edge. So I didn''t get any workout today. And we went out for dinner actually ate out all three meals, and drank a fair bit during the day. Tomorrow, somehow, I want to get a workout in, but I don''t think I''ll be able to.

Rod, I definitely agree you need a laugh your head off movie. Enjoy the weekend, you guys SOOOO deserve it.
over
Skip, Yay! For your super awesome workouts. And that info on sports bras. I''m going to have to look into that.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAYYAYAYAYAYYAYAY, that is wonderful news LISA, congrats!!!!!!
36.gif
Congrats to James too; hope you two have a great weekend celebrating!!!
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I had a fun, long and frustrating few days so I guess I need to vent a bit before heading off to bed.
My long boring story starts here:
At 3 am Friday morning I heard something fall in the house – I thought it was in the basement and was worried someone broke in.I stayed very still in bed waiting for more noise and didn’t hear a thing.I peaked over the edge of the bed at our floor vent and didn’t see any lights downstairs so finally got up and checked the main floor of the house.I wasn’t going to venture to the basement at that time of morning being the fraidy cat I am so I thought it’s not a person or the lights would be on so it’s either a varmit , water breaking a window or my imagination so I’ll go check it out in the morning.I couldn’t find a thing at 6 am when I ventured downstairs so the best explanation I have is either ice fell in the ice maker or a bird hit the window.The problem is I could not go back to sleep and my poor heart was racing for awhile from the abrupt awakening and I didn’t fall back asleep until about 5 am.

I got up at my normal time of 6:15 and got ready to head to Denver for a meeting at our corporate office.I figured this meeting would take 30 minutes at most so I set it for 10 am and had plans for another meeting at 11 then planned lunch with some friends down there.The first meeting took almost 2 hours; I had to skip the next meeting and went to lunch with my friends.We were still at lunch when Marty texted me he had landed at DIA so I should be there to pick him up in about 30 minutes.I got there about an hour later.

I picked Marty up and we headed off to our hotel, got checked in and he had to call in to work for a conference call at 3.He was on his cell phone with that for almost 2 hours which will is going to KILL our cell phone minutes and cost a small fortune.He was even still on the phone driving to my sister’s house about 5 to meet them before all of us going out to supper.Mind you he still has jet lag, is very tired and still not being able to get home to sleep in our own bed so he was not a happy camper anyway.

We go have Mexican dinner with them, head back to the hotel and both of us were asleep by 8 to 8:30.

With Marty being so tired he tossed and turned, kicked, rolled over and stole the covers, etc. so I didn’t sleep worth a darn until he left to pick up my nephew at 5:45 for a golf tournament today.I slept great for about an hour but I had to get up at 7.I took a shower, checked out of the hotel and was in the lobby by 8 when my sister was going to pick me up but she didn’t show up till almost 8:30.She called me and left a message on my phone saying a train was blocking the road so she’d be late but that message strangely showed up 2 hours later.

She picks me up and we go to breakfast and I find out a few things.My parents (who both are old and can hardly remember a THING) asked her to come to town next weekend so she, I and them can get together and sign paperwork for their home, bank accounts, etc.They are getting our names on things in case something happens to them.My sister can only come to town next Saturday or she has to wait to do it in August after my parents leave for their cruise and they want to take care of things before they go.My parents told her they have it all arranged with me – well they haven’t mentioned a WORD to me about it.This was on top of just learning from Marty that his sisters have been writing him about coming to town either one of the next 3 weekends to surprise his parents for their upcoming 40th wedding anniversary.His folks have plans over the 4th, Marty has to go back to Hong Kong on the 12th so that leaves this coming weekend for them to come.Of course this weekend is the day I planned to go to Denver and meet DeeJay.I could just SCREAM!!!Nice people let me know their plans or bother to consult me to see if I am busy.I also found out today that my parents told my sister Marty and I were going to drive them to Denver next month so they could take a steam train ride from Denver to Cheyenne.It’s a good thing my sister mentioned that to me today because I haven’t heard a single thing about it either.

I am also getting very frustrated because every time I start walking on the treadmill every day my knees get really bad. I hurt so bad driving to Denver yesterday I was popping Advil about every 20 minutes.I don’t have that problem just walking outside or walking around the mall so I must be hitting my feet too hard or walking too fast.While Marty was out of town the last few weeks I was trying to walk on it every day.Another tidbit of news that didn’t thrill me is they are sending Marty back to Hong Kong next month.I didn’t think he had to go again until November or December.

Okay, I’m better now.Thanks for listening, ignoring or skipping my rant but I just had to get some of that off my chest.

On the positive side I did have fun in Denver.Lunch with the ladies from work was at the Cheesecake Factory.I drooled over kahula chocolate cheesecake but didn’t order any.Today I went shopping with my sister.I think I really wore her out; she has very bad knees but she hung in there.I know she will be hurting tomorrow.She took me on a tour of the new hospital where she works.Then she took me to the doll shop where she sells doll clothes.She makes clothes and this lady just sells them for her and pays her every other month for what sells.Then we went to a few craft and fabric stores.I picked up a few cake decorating things.We stopped at a few jewelry stores then headed to my favorite one.I wanted to see their “BEST emerald cut diamonds because my EC has a larger table than “ideal” specs so I wanted to compare some with smaller tables to see if I should upgrade.But I went away happy and still like my EC diamond.Of course since I didn’t spend money on upgrading my diamond I did look at WG pearl rings and got one to match my new necklace and earrings from Hong Kong.All I can say is pearls are sure cheaper than sapphires or diamonds.LOL.

After that we stopped at Best Buy and I helped my sister picked out a mini stereo for her sewing room.I also picked up a webcam for my laptop so I can talk to Marty when he is in Hong Kong.

After that we met my sister’s family (kids and grandkids) for supper, then we bought a case of assorted wine at a giant liquor store and came home.
My long story ends here:
Lisa, glad to hear you got the job.
36.gif
I am so excited for you.Congratulations to James for his graduation as well.You both had a wonderful day.Sorry to hear your fell and sure hope your knee feels better.

Danielle, the Sara Lee bread is good.I buy the whole wheat.Their 120 calorie whole wheat hot dog and hamburger buns are great.Isn’t it kind of strange how all of a sudden your shoes just say “enough”?

Tlh, LOL at “ooh I burned 2500 calories today”.That is great.I would say my thinking on donuts is more delusional than positive.
11.gif

Skippy, sounds like you had some great workouts.I agree it’s important to not wear shoes without good support.I most generally wear my running shoes.My house cleaning project will be the kitchen when Marty is gone next month.I decided to get a big storage bin for my cake pans and cookie containers since I rarely use all of them I can store them in the garage.I hope your migraine is better.How cute your nephew was excited to have you come over and play with him.

Rod, I am delighted to hear you won’t be stuck with the bill of the great flood of 2009.
36.gif
That is exactly the way it should be.

Arjunajane, I’d stick with whatever sounds like the most progress – LOL!

Sharon, enjoy those carbs.

Well, I must get ready for bed.Sorry for the extremely long post.
35.gif

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, I am guessing everyone is out enjoying Father''s day weekend!! My hubby is celebrating it with his dad on the East coast; he has been there since Wed. It has been nice having the house all to myself. hehe I have been busy these past few days so tomorrow my hubby will already be back, yay!!

We took my dad to Olive Garden, that is where he wanted to go; they have this Garden Fare selection of low cal items and you can request a sheet that gives you the calories, fat and fiber. I got the apricot chicken with a big side of steam broccoli, asparagus and chopped tomatoes, (the lunch size) and a bite of bread stick. I am so glad that restaurants are starting to realize people want healthy choices and I was just thinking also diabetics who need to watch their carbs etc so that is nice to see they have that there!! hehe

Tonight I am meeting a friend to go walking; we probably will do about 4.5 miles that is what we usually do I am going to guess my guess is safe. hehe
1.gif

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Father''s day Weekend!!!!!

MARCY, oh bummer, about what happened. Family can be hard sometimes. yay for a new ring, very pretty and new pearls! gosh, I am dying for some Tahitian or even a South seas pendant or earrings but I need to save my penny''s for sure. hehe Do you have a exercise tube or band that you can use to strengthen your knees? The physical Therapist had me get my muscle around my legs strong so I don''t get horrible pain like I use to. I also take Glucosamine everyday which has been helping me too and they told me not to do inclines so maybe if you put the treadmill on no incline that might help. I hope your knees feel better soon and I am sorry that is happening on the treadmill. hopefully you can stick to walking outside or the mall now that it is warmer?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa.......YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYYAYAY!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! I''m so happy for you!!!!!

Hey........It was a decent weekend. It''s unbelievably hot down here. Temps in the upper 90s and about a billion percent humidity. We went to the gym early yesterday because Charlie had to be at work at 4 till 9. Then we met at our little diner for dinner and had FroYo for dessert. Today was a totally relaxing day. We met a friend at the movies and saw Hangover. It is really really funny and just what I needed. A throw your head back and laugh out loud movie. If you go, you have to stay through the credits. Some of the moviest funniest scenes are in the credits............We''ll do our usual Monday night sushi tomorrow after work. At least we have a 3 day weekend coming up soon.

arjunajane, your progress is still terrific regardless of the conversion for kg, to lbs!!!!

tlh, you will laugh so hard that you''ll believe you''ve done situps and crunches. so yes it counts for sure!!!!!

Thanks Sharon!!! I can''t blame you for not wanting to get up early and hit the links. And yay for your run/walk. I still can''t do anything like that with my sciatica, but hopefully it will go away someday.........

I''m sorry you had a migraine Skippy. It''s been a long time since I''ve had one and I hope I never have one again as I remember it being just awful. I''m glad you had a good dinner with your dad at OG!!

I was relieved to see the noise was nothing to be concerned about Marcy. Wow......Marty has to go back to Hong Kong so soon? Such a brutal trip. Also, wow on the family situation. My parents are quite elderly now and Friday, my mom had to hospitalized with a blocked intestine. Thank god, it was nothing serious, but she''s 86 and my father''s 88, so anything can be serious at thier ages. I''m sorry it means you''ll have to miss DeeJay''s visit. I''m glad you still like your EC. I personally like larger tabled diamonds.

OK.......Here''s to a much less stressful and/or WET week and I hope your week is really good too!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy Sunday!

35.gif
I hope you had a great day.I was busy.Stayed up last night till about 12:45 and couldn’t go back to sleep after Marty got up to get ready for golf about 6. So I got up and started picking up the house and cleaning.I got the laundry done then started getting things ready for the father’s day BBQ.Our parents showed up about 2 and we started cooking the burgers and brats.I thought our parents got along pretty well this time which was a major relief for me.

Another mom story; I called my mom a few hours before they came over and asked her to have my dad bring his digital photo so I could load up a few new pictures on it for him that he asked me to scan.They show up without it.She forgot to tell him so he had to run home and get it.I think my mom should talk to a doctor about being so forgetful but I don’t think she wants to admit it and I don’t know if I should press her to talk to a doctor about it.Ugh.

Skippy, glad you are enjoying the house to yourself for a few days but I am sure you’ll be glad to see your husband get home tomorrow.Marty got my webcam set up tonight so we can see each other and talk over the internet; that will make his trips to Hong Kong a little easier on me.I think it is great Olive Garden provides nutritional information on request.I have always asked for the low fat dressing.I am glad I am close to my family but sometimes it is hard as well.That is all we can do is save our pennies to get our new diamonds, gemstones and pearls.I was already picking out choices for Christmas yesterday.LOL.Thanks for the ideas and tips on the treadmill and strengthening my knees.I already use the treadmill without an incline.I am supposed to do straight leg lifts with ankle weights strapped on to help strengthen my knees for arthritis but I had hernia surgery years ago that ended that exercise because it pulls so much on my abdomen.I don’t want to give myself another hernia.The resistance bands are something I have messed around with and I honestly don’t recall why I gave up on them. I think it was bothering the arthritis in my hands but I am not sure. My uncle is an orthopedic surgeon and he has always said given my assorted circumstances plain old walking is the best form of exercise for me.I have not tried glucosamine but since most pills make me sick I am always hesitant to try.Wow, I really sound like a negative nelly naysayer here but those are just my little quirks I have.I will just try to walk around the neighborhood and parks to see if my knees get better.I can walk fine but have been having the knee pain and driving for a few hours has been really difficult for me lately.

Rod, finally it was nice enough here today that I can say we had great weather here today too.Glad you had a nice relaxing weekend and enjoyed a funny movie.I will have to watch that movie when it comes on PPV.Are you parents still planning on moving near you?I remember they were thinking about it.I am glad your mom’s medical condition isn’t too serious but as you say, at that age anything can be serious.I think Marty’s grandma was done in by a cold.I am not very happy about missing out on a chance to meet DeeJay.I even bought this giant ugly lime green traveling jewelry case so I could pack a bunch of my stuff down for the GTG.I was going to take her to see the 6.5 ctw emerald cut diamond ring I ogle over every time we go to a watch store in Cherry Creek.I hope I get another chance to meet her some other time.They brought out quite a few more diamonds for me to compare and I liked mine the best every time even thought most of the diamonds were more expensive so I guess this one was just mean to be.I need to leave the ring to be sized but couldn’t bring myself to leave it behind for a few days just yet.It’s only about a half size too big but I should get it done.

Well, I am going to bed.I will see you in the next week thread.

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results