shape
carat
color
clarity

My mum''s ring from Heart of Water..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, what a nice gift! The color of the tourmaline is so pretty. I''m sure your mom will be very pleased!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday to Mom! What a great present!

aquasea

Rough_Rock
Trade
Wow! It''s absolutely stunning! The colour of that tourmaline is just beautiful.
30.gif
30.gif
Your mum is going to love it. I have been looking at a lotus setting for a 6.3mm tourmaline I have and I think the pictures of your mum''s gorgeous ring may just have swung it for me!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 8:26:40 AM
Author: cellentani
Hi AJ, I love that you did this for your mother, and I''m sure she will appreciate all the thought that you put into it. It''s even more special than just going out and buying a beautiful ring for her - you sourced the stone, and had it custom made. I never tire of seeing Sally''s lotus designs, so all your pics were perfect, especially on an early Saturday morning with my coffee. The thing that really jumped out at me from looking at your photos, is how amazing the polish is - her finishing work looks impeccable! I haven''t gotten any of her pieces yet, but someday....

Hey cellen,
thankyou for your lovely compliments, I''m glad my photos could bring some fun to your sat morn coffee
2.gif

I agree about the polish, the setting is finished perfectly, even under macro or loupe - the prongs are done perfectly (without any instruction at all), and the silver is sooo shiney
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou for all the great comments about this ring - I am off to give it to mum in about an hour,
so I will let you all know what she thinks this arvo.

For now, thankyou
ma re
kribbie
dandi
Porridge
icekid
cellentani
arcadian
MTG
TL
LD - cheers!
D&T
ahappygirl - thankyou, thats very sweet !
Cind - I hope so
5.gif

packrat

and aquasea, you should go for it! This ring is very pretty, and especially considering how nicely it goes
with my beryl one, they would''ve made a great set. But honestly, it feels better to be giving it away.
5.gif

I think the lotus would be a great home for your one - sally commented that she thinks the stone looked even prettier after setting, and after reviewing the "loose" photos I have to agree.
what colour is your tourm?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
AJ beautiful ring and you're a lovely daughter.
12.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
AJ, gorgeous ring!! Your mom will love it. You are such a sweet daughter to do that for her. I am sure she will treasure it. I love the color of the stone too. It is a gorgeous blue/green tourmaline
30.gif
30.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring AJ - I love the colour of the tourmaline. I hope mum loves it too!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
the color is sensational! absolutely gorgeous
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou everyone..

just got back from mum''s house, and she loved it!!
36.gif

Honestly, you should have seen her admiring it in all different lighting, mixing and matching with her other
bands - she even got dad''s loupe out to inspect the cut, and I had to show her how to use it properly, lol..
5.gif
I was thinking she looked like a PS''er in the making, ha!

She really likes the setting and loved the cut and colour of the stone, and I could tell she was really impressed
that the stone had been especially cut just for her ring - I think sometimes we PS''ers forget how much of a cool experience that is, having a ring created especially for you from start to finish, kwim?

Mum is actually visiting Chiang Mai again in a couple months, so I am going to see if Sally has a store/showroom she can visit - she seemed really interested to do that
1.gif

Thanks guys for your comments,
cheers LG
Linda - thankyou, you''re a sweety
thankyou BA
and jcrow

all in all, a great success!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Insanely gorgeous color and ring
30.gif
30.gif
aww, what a sweet bday gift!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 2:11:38 AM
Author: Skippy123
Insanely gorgeous color and ring
30.gif
30.gif
aww, what a sweet bday gift!!!

thankyou Skip!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
That turned out great and glad your mum loved it! And you always take such great photos for to enjoy!!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing AJ! That ring is gorgeous, and the color of that tourmaline is something really special. It just makes my heart sing. I''m so glad you posted pictures, I''ve been looking forward to them ever since you first posted about that gem
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ,
That Dan tourmaline really popped in a couple of your pictures and the setting is so minimal – in line with the Buddhist tenets of living a simple lifestyle. It is no surprise that your Mom loves it. You are so thoughtful.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Love the color!!!!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 2:44:28 AM
Author: mariedtiger
Thank you for sharing AJ! That ring is gorgeous, and the color of that tourmaline is something really special. It just makes my heart sing. I''m so glad you posted pictures, I''ve been looking forward to them ever since you first posted about that gem
1.gif

Hey MT, thankyou! You always have such lovely thing to say about my pieces, and I''m glad you enjoyed the pics.
regards, aj.
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 2:16:26 AM
Author: TravelingGal
That turned out great and glad your mum loved it! And you always take such great photos for to enjoy!!

hey Tgal,
thankyou! Yeah, taking the pics is one of fave parts actually..maybe one day someone will see me in my front yard and offer me a jewellery photog job, lol..(and not just think me mad taking tons of pics of my hand)
9.gif
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 8:43:27 AM
Author: Chrono
AJ,

That Dan tourmaline really popped in a couple of your pictures and the setting is so minimal – in line with the Buddhist tenets of living a simple lifestyle. It is no surprise that your Mom loves it. You are so thoughtful.

hey Chrono,
Thankyou. Actually I received a really lovely email from mum. She''s so cute - she said they did lots of lotus poses in her yoga class she taught today, "inspired by the ring" lol..

But something else she drew my attention to - it would seem, completely unintentionally, that I created a symbol of her favourite Buddhist deity, Green Tara - who is always pictured sitting on an open lotus flower..
my mum''s actually painted a number of elaborate images of Green Tara, which I''ve seen at her home a ton of times - but the connection never occurred to me until she mentioned it !

I know this is "hippy stuff" to most people, but its important to my mum, so I''m really glad she found that symbolism in it
5.gif

For reference, here''s a pic of Tara on her lotus...

Green_Tara.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 8:51:10 AM
Author: princessplease
Love the color!!!!!!

thankyou princess
1.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hey aj :)

love the new ring for your mom! the color in that stone is just delicious! my computer is showing it as having bluish undertones - gorgeous! and the pill-box setting for your other ring is fabulous also.

i''m glad it''s significant for your mother - what a lovely gift!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful ring. I love the blue-green tourmaline and the silver setting is gorgeous. So glad your mom liked it.
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 10:38:02 AM
Author: whitby_2773
hey aj :)

love the new ring for your mom! the color in that stone is just delicious! my computer is showing it as having bluish undertones - gorgeous! and the pill-box setting for your other ring is fabulous also.

i''m glad it''s significant for your mother - what a lovely gift!

Hey Whitby,
thankyou - yes, the stone shows mostly a deep sea green but definately has facets of blue in most lighting.
cheers for your compliments
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 10:44:24 AM
Author: Fly Girl
Beautiful, beautiful ring. I love the blue-green tourmaline and the silver setting is gorgeous. So glad your mom liked it.
36.gif

Thankyou Flygirl!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
What a super sweet gift for your mother! I love the setting and the color of the stone is perfect.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou kindly IK and szh07~

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
wow... so beautiful! I think its just lovely that you put so much thought into the meaning behind the ring. My mom is the same way -if there isn''t a ''special'' reason for the jewelry she won''t get it.

I hope your mum wears it well! such a gorgeous work of art...
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful gift for your mom, I love the color and the setting!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!! I love both rings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results