shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Ideas for Cruise Proposal, 1 week left!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jkan2001

Rough_Rock
I''m planning to propose to my girlfriend when we go on a cruise to the Bahamas next weekend. I came up with a few ideas but I''m not sure any of them are going to work and was hoping for some inspiration. I''m open to both public/private, on the ship or on an excursion at Nassau/CocoCay.

My original ideas was to propose on formal night during dinner when they serve the dessert course. Instead of whatever she orders I wanted to have the head waiter bring a cake with "Will you Marry Me" on it and get down on one knee etc. Unfortunately Royal Caribbean is not very flexible and won''t right anything on their special order cakes.

I also thought about "retrieving" it from the ocean floor during a snorkeling excursion but I think that''s a little bit more risk than I''m prepared to take so I''m running out of ideas!

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Hey JKan, thanks for posting! Sounds like you''re planning a very special moment for your love.
My FI proposed at dinner, and it was a very very special moment for us. Everything was so specifically us and he paid attention to the significance and symbolism of the place, the date, and atmosphere, so it was perfect for me.

I don''t understand why, but some women disllike the public proposal, so some ladies might recommend a more private experience if your GF is more reserved. Is there any particular time that you''ll have a quiet moment to yourselves where you could just tell her what she means to you, what your hopes are, and how you want to invest yourself in forever with her. Really, being on the trip itself and you expressing your love and intentions to her is all she really needs for it to be a romantic proposal, because chances are all she''s been waiting for are those few words.

If she is open to a more public proposal, perhaps you could have the band play a special song for you and get down on one knee and ask her at dinner? Don''t know if any of this will help, but I wish you the best!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d just recommend doing it early in the trip so she can enjoy the rest of the trip being engaged! The public versus private issue is a hard one. It might be nice to do it on the deck in the moonlight, but I doubt you''d ever find a moment alone unless you were in your cabin!

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
*First off - BOO HISS BOO to Royal Caribbean for being so inflexible that they can''t write a romantic message on a cake! WTH is wrong with them? They are supposed to be all about service, and making their passengers feel special!*

I think they offer tours of the bridge? You could "pop the question" there?

Then the Captain can blow the ships horns when she says YES
9.gif

Best of luck!
36.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Would Royal Caribbean be willing to let their staff set something up in your cabin whilst you are having dinner? You might have to pay them a little something extra. After dinner, walk into the cabin first, then as she walks in, she sees "will you marry me?" written in rose petals or something on the bed. Then you can close the door and drop to your knee, tell her what she means to you and present her with the ring. Hopefully there will also be champagne set up for you to celebrate.

lowphat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/4/2009 5:55:27 PM
Author:Jkan2001
I also thought about ''retrieving'' it from the ocean floor during a snorkeling excursion but I think that''s a little bit more risk than I''m prepared to take so I''m running out of ideas!
I think that''s actually a pretty cool idea. Just get a fishing wire or some really strong string and make sure the ring''s tied on really tight to the end of it, in case you drop it or something.

8Yrs and Counting

Rough_Rock
I love the idea of proposing on a cruise, especially since me and my manfriend are addicted to cruises.
9.gif

I think proposing just before dinner on the "fancy" night is a wonderful idea!! just be sure that the night is early enough during the cruise because, as someone has already mentioned, it would be great to enjoy it longer....also, at the "fancy" dinner they always have photographers running around taking pictures and it would be great to capture the "after proposal dinner" on camera....

congratulations and best wishes to you and your future bride...

the tree sees

Shiny_Rock
Jkan,

Please let us know what you ended up doing! I''m actually considering a cruise proposal as well
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results