shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback/Advice wanted: Custom Engagement Setting Search for EC with bezel and pave.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 1:15:10 AM
Author: Gypsy
OMG Blue. I adore it. And... I shamelessly want one just like it for a colored stone (can''t afford an EC anytime soon). I hope you are okay with droves of PSers and Lurkers calling their jewelers and saying that they want the Blue Roses Special (or calling your jeweler if you give up the information!) because that beauty is a classic already. I absolutely think it''s amazing... I think the beveled bezel is inspired and the proportions are just perfect.

Absolutely worth the wait, and I cannot wait to see that puppy on your finger and polished and set with the diamonds. It''s already, even rough, one of my favorite settings on here to date!

Congratulations honey, on the engagement, the lovely setting and the wonderful future in front of you.

I''m also going to add a plug for a colored stone in the setting... I''d just make sure the depth of the setting can handle a colored stone (which are usually deeper than diamonds, though maybe not with an EC) and I personally, would go for a brilliant cut, like a Barion for the center stone. In a medium blue, like Neatfreak''s asscher.
Thank you, Gypsy!

Honestly, the kind KIND words about not just our setting but about this phase in my life from the PS community are so meaningful and thrililng for me. Thanks.

And I have to say.....that after so many years of LOVING all the custom jobs on here that I am flattered beyond belief that so many gals whose taste I REALLY admire like our setting!
16.gif
16.gif

PLEASE!!! Copy away!! (Though, to give credit where it''s due, the "bevel in the bezel" is ALL Laurenthepartier, and the side profile is neatfreak!)

The jeweler is Jim Dente at Serengeti. Linky He was so responsive to what we wanted--super chill, and very fairly priced. Trustworthy and cool guy. His Dad made the wedding bands of friends of ours (they''re sort of an older version of us and are kind of a mentor couple to us: DBF teaches their child guitar one night a week and then we all have dinner together.) But they highly recommended him. He''s in the San Diego Jewlery Exchange and we''d have never heard of them without the suggestion--they don''t really have a storefront. GOOD STUFF.

And I love the colored stone suggestion. We shall see!

Seriously--THANK YOU all!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blue... we make connections here. Even when you were gone, healing and re-assessing, you were never forgotten. We are all thrilled you have found your path and you love, and your happiness just jumps off the page. And it's wonderful.

BTW (just cause I'm wondering) what are the (um exact) dimensions on that lovely EC of yours?

And your jeweler, just from his webpage (and OMG the antique pieces on there are TDF!) looks great. Have you told him about us, or are you afraid to.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Gypsy--thank you
16.gif
My honey just got home and looked through all the replies and is so happy for me--he knows how much this means
5.gif
It''s amazing how people you''ve never met can be so supportive and understanding. Seriously--it warms my heart in a BIG, BIG way.

Yes! The EC is 6.5 x 4.8 x 3.02 Carat weight 0.627
I did some searches (to get an idea of price for comparable stones) and was actually surprised because in general, stones with dimensions like mine are much heavier, while stones with carat weights like mine are quite a bit smaller in mm. I''m not sure if there''s a difference in faceting patterns from older ECs? This is circa WWII...so that was mystifying to me. In fact, one of the local jewelers estimated (while in its setting) that it might be right at about 1 carat. (The other two thought around .85, which the measurements bore out.) Interesting, huh?!

Cool--you checked out their site! Pretty stuff, huh?
18.gif
18.gif

Jim knows I''m a huge diamond dork. (I took out the camera today and he didn''t bat an eyelid. On our first vist, he brough out--after seeing me "geek out" (tm-DBF) on specs--a BAG of diamonds--like a bunch of teeny h&a melee wrapped up in paper. It was too cool.) And he knows I''ve been active on a consumer education website. I think he has to know about "US" because he''s one of only two San Diego jewelers listed above under Resources: "local jewelers". (There was also a VERY positive review for him on Yelp from a guy who''d bought his e-ring from Jim after getting very educated by PS--that was a big + in Jim''s corner as we made our choice too!) So I kind of doubt he''d be surprised.

But he''s great. It''d be GREAT if a side effect of our wonderful ring is that some PSers threw business his way! (My honey laughed, "do you really think people will call Jim asking for the ''blueroses special''? Should we tell him you''re called blueroses?"

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 1:55:41 AM
Author: Gypsy
Blue... we make connections here. Even when you were gone, healing and re-assessing, you were never forgotten. We are all thrilled you have found your path and you love, and your happiness just jumps off the page. And it''s wonderful.

BTW (just cause I''m wondering) what are the (um exact) dimensions on that lovely EC of yours?

And your jeweler, just from his webpage (and OMG the antique pieces on there are TDF!) looks great. Have you told him about us, or are you afraid to.
DITTO.....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Lori

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Oh Blue, that is just gorgeous! The design is just perfection! Alas I am now jealous
27.gif
It is going to be one stunning ring! And I can''t wait until it is on your finger and we get to see pictures and hear the story of your engagement!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Blue- your EC is gorgeous! And how lovely that it faces up so large for its weight. Plus D color?? What more can a girl hope for?!

I love your CADs- it is going to be incredible.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOSH IT IS GORGEOUS!!!!
30.gif
And it''s not even done yet! Can''t wait until this wonderful, adorable, stupendously wonderful love of your life proposes to you so that you can take a bajillion photos for us of your beautiful ring!
9.gif
36.gif

....and, not to be too much of a pain in the patoot, but you haven''t thought ahead to wedding bands to go with it yet, have you?
27.gif
31.gif

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! The finished article is going to be fab! The bezel looks great- the devil is in the detail, especially with bezels. Its so clean and neat and looks perfect with the neat lines of the EC stone.

I loved the original setting too though. I would say that though as my ering is virtually identical, except the sidestones are sapphires and the bezels have milgraining on!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I have read your story and am so happy for you, BR. Your ring will be gorgeous and I can''t wait until you start your SMTR thread
1.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring looks like it will be divine and your excitement is contagious!

Congrats and best wishes to you for a lifetime of happiness - can't WAIT to see this ring!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blueroses-says-yes-please.117723/
SMTR thread to come on Monday!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
OMG.... running to your thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results