shape
carat
color
clarity

Registry question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
So I need to do the whole registry thing ASAP but don''t really know what to register for. I have everything imaginable that one would need for their home and it''s brand new. I don''t really need anything else. What should I do?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you should be very grateful that you already have so much.

If I were in your position, I''d register for things like new linens, fine china, and other pieces to supplement my already well-appointed home.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I face a similar dlemma. My fiance and I have lived together for 6 years now so we don''t really need a registy as such. IF anyone asks us what we would like in terms of gift, we will probably be asking for vouchers or cash to put towards gradually replacing things in the home.

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
There''s going to be people who do not want to give you money, so you might as well register for some stuff.

There''s nothing you need for your home? New towels, storage items? Some new cookware? Fun kitchen gadgets? Coffee table books?

What about things that you don''t need, but wouldn''t buy for yourself? A vase? Fun serveware? A wine cooler or rack? Some fancy pieces that you can pass on to your children? Some monogrammed items?

You can always register for your honeymoon. People can buy you massages, activites, dinners....

If there''s really nothing you need/want, you can always ask people to make a donation to your favorite charity...

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
A few ideas that was given to me was:
1. Register for your honeymoon: i.e. You''re on a cruise, or an exotic trip, you can register for the services like massages, dinners, and entertainments you''d like to go do and your guest could pick which one they want to pay for for you.
2. Pick a charity or two and do a donation registry.

I like them both but I''m leaning on doing option #1. Hope that helps!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Donations to a meaningful to you and your FI charity.

Anything at Bed Bath and Beyond because you can return it for cash.
28.gif

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
As a guest, I am pretty traditional. I want to get the couple something I know they will enjoy and use. Not cash, not a honeymoon donation, and not a charitable donation. Just my two cents
20.gif
I know this varies a lot regionally, but some guests (esp. in the midwest/south) will want to send you a box with a gift. That''s just the way it is. If you don''t want some random things which you can''t return, you should register. Otherwise you will get a lot of silver picture frames and crystal vases.

If you have groups of guests (coworkers, cousins, groups of friends), maybe you could pick out some more expensive things like a sofa or an appliance and have them chip in to buy it together.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m in the same boat as you, and we will be doing a honeymoon registry. However, we have only friends and immediate family invited, so they don''t feel the need to be "traditional" ... they''ll contribute happily to our honeymoon. They know that''s what we''d like most.

If you have some guests who might be more in the traditional camp, I''d pick a few items out that you don''t need, but might like to have, to register for.

You can always find something at BB&B or a department store!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results