shape
carat
color
clarity

I know they''re called flip-flops for a reason BUT....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Do people really HAVE to be THAT annoying? I mean maybe I''m just easily annoyed lately but people are dragging their feet and "flopping" and it''s driving me nuts
23.gif
. Please tell me I''m not the only one bothered by this? haha

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I wear flip flops in the summer and I''ll admit that I''m bothered by my own flopping! lol They are comfortable though and cheap in case I lose them or ruin them.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
No you arent the only one. I''m with Elrohwen I get annoyed when I catch myself doing it.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
My personal "favorite" is that lovely squeegee sound they make if you wear them in the rain.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
haha well that is good to know! I completely stop myself in my tracks when I notice I''m doing it and start again because I know how annoying it is
3.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
haha. Is it just me or are some flip flops more annoying than others, or is it the people wearing them who make it worse? I wear flip flops all the time, but I swear some people do not pick up their feet properly so their flip flops are extra loud and dragged with exaggerated steps.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yes the "squeegee" sound! Gotta love that one!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 4:23:38 PM
Author: janinegirly
haha. Is it just me or are some flip flops more annoying than others, or is it the people wearing them who make it worse? I wear flip flops all the time, but I swear some people do not pick up their feet properly so their flip flops are extra loud and dragged with exaggerated steps.
I think it''s the person at least this applies to me
emembarrassed.gif
. I''m totally guilty of dragging me feet at times & I''ve been doing since I was a kid.
38.gif

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
janinegirly I think it''s the people wearing them that make them worse! I''ve noticed just sitting here at work....the people that are lazy and have the "I don''t care" attitude seem to drag their feet more/flopping more excessively. Honestly I think for a split second "I wish you would fall on your face" but then I come back to reality and realize that''s just mean! hahaha

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I find I do this a lot at work- the dragging. Unfortunately, I nearly fall on my face twice a day because SOMEHOW the front of my flip flop folds UNDER my feet and I totally beef it. I think I drag them because I used to wear those platform flip-flops (hubby is 14 inches taller than I am), and fell off them taking normal steps, I busted my knees and sprained my ankle. I am definitely not graceful.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear semi casual sandals (if sandals can be semi casual) to work, and I hate the sound of my flopping (I dont think it drives my coworkers that batty)... it drives me nuts, but they are the most comfortable. Sometimes I try to clench my toes and sandals down and walk, but then I look funny

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I find many of my flats make a flopping sound too no matter how I walk. Not nearly as bad as the dreaded flip flips though!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL! This has never even occurred to me... although, I''m surrounded by flipflops. Almost everyone wears them year-round here.

Now I''m gonna be paranoid about it, but I literally have never noticed any sound at all when I wear them!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My son drags his feet when wearing flip flops (and shoes too) and it drives me nuts. By him doing this, not only does he walk more slowly, he also ruins every pair of footwear he has. The worst is when he drags his feet in dirt and it flies up everywhere.
32.gif
Other than that, he is a great little guy.
3.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HatehatehatehateHATEhatehatehatehate ... I LOATHE flip-flops with every fiber of my being for exactly this reason. They''re great casual beach-wear, but whenever my students wear them to class to shlipp-shlipp-shlipp their way across the room (usually while they''re running late, just to add insult to injury), I just want to SCREAM.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I can walk in them without making that obnoxious noise (because yes, I hate it too), but much worse is the foot dragging. OMG didn''t anyone teach them how to walk properly as children?! I remember in kindergarten if you had a straight gait they would do some therapy type stuff to help you. They actually did this with me to teach me to skip...lol.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ew. I think they''re gross, unless you''re on the beach.
I don''t like seeing that much of anyone''s feet, otherwise.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
They're a staple clothing item in Southern California, and I live in mine year round. DH can't stand them for several reasons:

1. I have a bad back and he wishes I'd wear shoes that offer some sort of support.
2. I flip them on and off all over the house, the car, etc. (I'd live barefoot if I could) and they end up in strange places.
3. People drag their feet and make awful noises when wearing them (I'm good about not doing this!).

ETA: One of my favorite sounds is high heels clicking on concrete/marble/tile/whateverhardsurfaceflooringyoucanthinkof. I don't dress up often, and when I do I love the sound of my shoes clicking away. For some silly reason it makes me feel powerful and confident.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
so funny you posted this, at work today I was sitting in my office and I hear from ALL THE WAY DOWN THE HALL some LOUD FLOPPING...It comes closer and closer and then I see the offender, happily walking to her classroom. Then the flopping slowly died off but MAN WAS IT LOUD! I don''t think I''ve heard flopping that loud in a while. It bugged me, but it could have been because it was 7:30 AM too...
9.gif

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Hahahaha well I feel so much better about this because I''m not the only one! I''m trying to ignore the girl at work today...she annoys me anyhow, but she''s flopping around everywhere just adding to my irritation with her. I will have a good day if it kills me
21.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 4:27:29 PM
Author: VegasAngel
Date: 6/8/2009 4:23:38 PM

Author: janinegirly

I think it''s the person at least this applies to me
emembarrassed.gif
. I''m totally guilty of dragging me feet at times & I''ve been doing since I was a kid.
38.gif

I''m guilty of this as well. I''m more of a foot dragger than a flopper. I prefer the shuffle sound to the loud smacking flop sound, but at least I don''t do both!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results