shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this diamond too expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

irishman

Rough_Rock
Updated from earlier post:

I bought the diamond, I just could not resist. After viewing many many diamonds I kept coming back to this one, I also looked at some real stones in Helsinki of the various colours and clarity and decided I really did not want anything less than an E.

I am kind of second guessing myself now a little though, the price may have been excessive ($6,200)

Could someone (with more knowledge than I) take a look and tell me if this is a reasonable price??

Other details on the diamond are available at: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5941/

I will have it set in a mark morrell flame ring

Shape: Round
Carat Weight: 0.81ct
Color: E
Clarity: VVS1
AGS Cut Grade: Ideal
AGS Light Performance: Ideal
Optical Symmetry: Superior
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: None
Culet: None
Lab Report: AGS
Lab Report #: 10154804
In House: Yes
Width: 5.93mm
Length: 6.00mm
Depth: 3.71mm
Table Percentage: 54.73%
Depth Percentage: 62.19%
Crown ∠: 34.46°
Pavilion ∠: 40.73°

Picture 12.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Irishman,

I think the price is fine doing a quick comparison, I know Jon from GOG is competitively priced and that is a gorgeous diamond you have there of the highest quality in all aspects.

irishman

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply, my mind is a little more at ease.

I have to say it has been extremely interesting looking for diamonds - it is addictive (I am like a magpie at this stage!), I have looked at hundreds over the last couple of months in the end I decided to go for quality instead of a bigger stone of lesser quality.

This diamond just seemed like my definition of perfect... I know its subjective

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 10:30:55 AM
Author: irishman
Thanks for the reply, my mind is a little more at ease.

I have to say it has been extremely interesting looking for diamonds - it is addictive (I am like a magpie at this stage!), I have looked at hundreds over the last couple of months in the end I decided to go for quality instead of a bigger stone of lesser quality.

You are most welcome! It is going to be a gorgeous diamond and it is easy to second guess yourself once you pick one - to me that is a sign of a smart shopper!

It sounds like you have done a very thorough job of researching and comparing many diamonds so you can now enjoy having made an educated decision, safe in the knowledge you have picked a superb diamond - congratulations!!!

ETA - I was just looking back on your posts, your friends were not supportive of you buying such a high colour and clarity diamond? Stick to what you want, if the very high colour and clarity appeal to you ( and everything else is superb with this diamond also) then don't let anyone dissuade you!!!!!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Top drawer stone! And Mark Morell--oh lala!

Great size---I had a hard time finidng anything with this exact color/clarity/pedigree you posted.....

Please show us pictures when it is done!
30.gif

ETA: other post

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/price-of-perfection.116775/

cheers--Sharon

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re a lucky fella, irishman. Many people can''t even afford their idea of perfection! Knowing that this important stone is through & through what you want is unbeatable. It will give you such peace that it is WORTH IT.

I do believe GOG is competitively priced -- especially compared to (other) brick & mortar jewelry stores. High color & clarity are extremely prized and, as such, they carry a steep price tag. The beauty is everlasting though. Get that baby insured!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 10:37:33 AM
Author: decodelighted

You''re a lucky fella, irishman. Many people can''t even afford their idea of perfection! Knowing that this important stone is through & through what you want is unbeatable. It will give you such peace that it is WORTH IT.

I do believe GOG is competitively priced -- especially compared to (other) brick & mortar jewelry stores. High color & clarity are extremely prized and, as such, they carry a steep price tag. The beauty is everlasting though. Get that baby insured!
Well said Deco!

irishman

Rough_Rock
I most certainly will take pictures and post them, I put a fair amount of thought and effort into finding the right stone and setting so a bit of gloating will definitely be in order!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 10:31:37 AM
Author: Stone-cold11
Looks good and about the price.

So you are an Irishman based in Helsinki? Just wondering if you want to see CraftedbyInfinity stones. They have a dealer in Tampere, about 2 hrs drive from Helsinki.

The website of the vendor
http://www.suokko.com/

Any stone you find on HighPerformanceDiamond can be bought in to that vendor for your viewing.
http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=home
SC, he has already bought the diamond he was asking about.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 10:39:14 AM
I most certainly will take pictures and post them, I put a fair amount of thought and effort into finding the right stone and setting so a bit of gloating will definitely be in order!
Gloating is good and you will be rubbing your hands and cackling with glee when you have that beauty in your hands AND being set in a MM setting?????

Pure perfection.
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 10:41:14 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 6/4/2009 10:39:14 AM
Gloating is good and you will be rubbing your hands and cackling with glee when you have that beauty in your hands AND being set in a MM setting?????

Pure perfection.
30.gif
HI:

Gloating will certainly be in order...and nevermind your friends.....
9.gif
11.gif

cheers--Sharon

irishman

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone.

A quick question, do men wear a ring after getting engaged? (obviously not a diamond ring), a band or something? what is the standard procedure?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 11:30:00 AM
Thanks everyone.

A quick question, do men wear a ring after getting engaged? (obviously not a diamond ring), a band or something? what is the standard procedure?
You certainly can wear one if you wish, but I think it is more usual that chaps wait for the wedding band.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
wow...what a stone!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 11:34:40 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 6/4/2009 11:30:00 AM
Thanks everyone.

You certainly can wear one if you wish, but I think it is more usual that chaps wait for the wedding band.
Ditto...men wear a wedding band..the girl gets an engagement ring and a wedding band!
1.gif

It is going to be gorgeous! Congratulations!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You got what you liked. So your friends can go off and get what they like when their time comes. Congrats!! I think it will be lovely.
9.gif

irishman

Rough_Rock
haha here it is

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ring-pictures.118566/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results