shape
carat
color
clarity

Oooh, help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Hello Ladies!

I was on weddingbee.com today and one of the blogs mentioned this site-- and I am SO glad she did! Me and my FF have been talking about rings and wedding things for a good few months now, and we''ve even discussed things like venue, food, colors, etc.- even with him as the instigator! I''m going crazy waiting for the proposal, especially since I have overheard a few tidbits of ring discussions between him and family members. My family just adores my FF, and vice versa, and I couldn''t possibly be happier about my FFIL.

My question is this--
How do you ladies keep from going completely insane over waiting for him to pop the question?? I''ve got wedding on the brain NON-STOP-- I even dream in wedding! HELP!

(also, glad to be a part of this forum!)
35.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
It''s mostly agony! After 6 months of looking for a diamond, I''ve finally calmed down and realized, unfortunately, that while a LIW, life must go on! It''s a tough bite to swallow, but I have waves of going crazy and waves of not. Worst of all, I have seriously intense baby fever on top of everything, so I''m just one hot mess of ring, wedding, baby fever. LOL.

I wish I had advice for you, but really, I just don''t. I think about it all the time too! We''re all in the same canoe and as LIW, none of us have a paddle!

Good luck!
1.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 7:08:22 AM
Author: megumic
It''s mostly agony! After 6 months of looking for a diamond, I''ve finally calmed down and realized, unfortunately, that while a LIW, life must go on! It''s a tough bite to swallow, but I have waves of going crazy and waves of not. Worst of all, I have seriously intense baby fever on top of everything, so I''m just one hot mess of ring, wedding, baby fever. LOL.

I wish I had advice for you, but really, I just don''t. I think about it all the time too! We''re all in the same canoe and as LIW, none of us have a paddle!

Good luck!
1.gif

well said Megumic! It is tough, but life still continues even if you are waiting for a ring. And as cheesy as it sounds, you should enjoy this time as well!

one advice though - if you are expecting a timeline, make sure to clarify. Guy time and girl time is COMPLETELY different. It''s kinda like waiting for that buss that is ALWAYS LATE.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went crazy for a while, but after waiting for so long, I''ve come to peace about it.

I know it''s coming soon.. Within the next 2 months.

So i''m pretty chill.
10.gif

Welcome to PS!
35.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say welcome
35.gif

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, ladies!

This really is a great site- I thought I was the only one going crazy about a ring and had absolutely no outlet for all the energy I put into thinking about weddings. The worst part is that two girls from my apartment got engaged this past year (I even helped one get proposed to-- which was so sweet!) and my FF''s sister just got pregnant (and 2 of his SIL''s just had a baby) so there is also definitely baby-fever on top of it all. Oh, and his Dad is getting re-married next spring, so everywhere I go and most of the people we associate with are either engaged or pregnant!

Anyways, thanks to all you ladies for the advice and welcomes- you''re all terrific!!!
9.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 8:27:23 AM
Author: elledizzy5
I went crazy for a while, but after waiting for so long, I''ve come to peace about it.

So i''m pretty chill.
10.gif

Welcome to PS!
35.gif
Reeeallly??? interesting...

3.gif

Welcome lilmissrugger!
35.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 12:09:19 PM
Author: Bia

So i''m pretty chill.
10.gif

Welcome to PS!
35.gif

3.gif

Welcome lilmissrugger!
35.gif
I told you it came on in a matter of 10 minutes!

Don''t you read my posts, BIA? GOSH!
29.gif

3.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!

Posting on this forum definitely helps. It''s really great to know that there are other ladies out there in the same (or similar, at least) situation.

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Oh definitely! Ever since I stumbled onto this site last night, I''ve been reading post after post after post!!

Can someone tell me, what is e-chicken?

Thanks!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Engagement Chicken

Supposedly, shortly after you make it for your BF, it will inspire him to propose!

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
oh! that''s cute, i love it!!

now, where does one find a recipe for such chicken?
34.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 12:10:54 PM
Date: 6/3/2009 12:09:19 PM

Author: Bia

So i''m pretty chill.
10.gif

Welcome to PS!
35.gif

3.gif

Welcome lilmissrugger!
35.gif

I told you it came on in a matter of 10 minutes!

Don''t you read my posts, BIA? GOSH!
29.gif

3.gif

sorry I was late LOL

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 1:56:11 AM
Author:lilmissrugger
My question is this--
How do you ladies keep from going completely insane over waiting for him to pop the question?? I''ve got wedding on the brain NON-STOP-- I even dream in wedding! HELP!

(also, glad to be a part of this forum!)
35.gif
Welcome to PS and to one of the greatest forums evah
35.gif

On my good days, I would just sit back and look at him. It would remind me that eventually (you know, when he got off of his rear) we would be married and it would make me really happy/proud.

On my medium days, I''d start planning a wedding lol. I would tell myself that it is going to happen and would pretend I was already engaged.

On my bad days, I''d cry and vent...mostly to him. He is my best friend which is good and bad. It''s good because we have a great time together but its bad because no one wants to hear a complaint about themselves
3.gif

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Hang out here and go nutso together!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Dont believe the e-chicken Lie! i made it like 2 months ago and still no ring....o wait it says 3 months! LoL....welcome, and i dont think you ever stop being ring crazy, you just learn how to deal with it,or occupy your mind with something over than rings, like work, or school, or hobbies..
Welcome aboard
35.gif

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to the forum!
For me it''s been a great place to pass the time, most of which is spent ogling all the eye candy!
30.gif

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
My FF is my best friend too, and I definitely know how awesome/awful it can be sometimes!

I definitely will be around and go nutso with all of you :D this is great! It''s hard to sit and wait, but forum-ing with you ladies is definitely going to help!

Thanks for all the welcomes, you ladies are all so terrific!!!

((and I think I''d still like to try that e-chicken recipe!! Even if it''s a bust, I need more recipes to learn how to cook :razz: My FF does all the cooking right now, and I feel kinda bad!...and lucky))

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 2:20:53 PM
Author: lilmissrugger
My FF is my best friend too, and I definitely know how awesome/awful it can be sometimes!

I definitely will be around and go nutso with all of you :D this is great! It''s hard to sit and wait, but forum-ing with you ladies is definitely going to help!

Thanks for all the welcomes, you ladies are all so terrific!!!

((and I think I''d still like to try that e-chicken recipe!! Even if it''s a bust, I need more recipes to learn how to cook :razz: My FF does all the cooking right now, and I feel kinda bad!...and lucky))
Me cooking is a surefire way to send my FF running in the other direction.
20.gif

I do NOT cook, and won''t pretend that I can! Attempting e-chicken would certainly hurt my chances.
2.gif

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
Welcome! Just a word of warning ... this place is great because you get to feel like you aren''t the only one going crazy, but (for me at least) it actually feeds the fire and makes me even more anxious! It doesn''t make me stay away, though..

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
>

Oh, boy do I know exactly how you feel there! So many people I know are getting engaged/married/having children, it seems like they are every where I look. My SO and I have been together for 2 1/2 years and have been discusing marriage for about 1 1/2 years. Last summer I really thought it was going to happen because he said he was looking at right and saying things like "it''ll come sooner than you think." Well, now he says I have to wait a little while longer because he doesn''t have the money. However, his older brother and sister are married, and his sister and sister-in-law are both pregnant, and his oldest brother is getting married next weekend. Tell me how I''m suppose to not think about marriage when everyone is going to be looking at us thinking "when are you getting married?"

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
elledizzy5- hahaha, I know what you mean! I can bake, but cooking is something completely different! and my FF loves to do it... I mean, he''s a sweetheart and loves it when I try, but I don''t know if my cooking could inspire him to propose
31.gif

is the e-chicken recipe somewhere on this site? I''d love to see what makes it so special!!!

lilylover- I definitely see how that could happen- all this talk of engagement makes me want it even more! but the whole idea of not being alone in that respect does make it seem easier to wait, knowing there are other lovely ladies in the same boat!

mariewest- I know EXACTLY what you mean! And boy, is it frustrating! Just like how am I not supposed to get baby fever when the world and a half is pregnant?? I keep seeing these glowing women with big bellies and they''re all so happy (most of the time). And then my roommate was one of the girls engaged, and she loved to rub it into my face that she was engaged- it was so irritating! argh!

anyways, thank you to all the ladies who have replied! you''ve all been great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results