shape
carat
color
clarity

friend/BM drama...long story...sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
BM drama seems to be the trend of the day...big hugs to ladypirate and HH with their drama!

Anyway, I did something very stupid. Re-cap of the wedding..FI and I are having a small wedding on friday with just family and the people that would be the bridal party. However, FI has two very close friends that he wanted to stand up with him, so I was going to have two people stand up with me. My sister is person number 1 and I had been debating on person number 2.

So, about 2 months ago I got drunk at a friend''s birthday and asked one of the girls that I had been debating having as my 2nd bm to be it. BUt we both said we would talk about it sober. Well we never did, b/c I kind of regretted it immediatly, because I really hadn''t made up my mind, and was just being sentimental b/c law school was ending. But oh well, she is one of my closest friends, I don''t really care.

Well, now I care. we went on vacation with a large group of people and she was horrible to me and everyone on the trip, mainly b/c her new bf was being a jerk. She is the type of person that latches onto a boy and he can do no wrong, she kind of gives out that desperate vibe. well, she was mad at me b-/c I don''t really put up with that. I wasn''t rude or mean, I just kind of stay away and do my own thing. So fast forward a couple of days later and teh night before our law school graduation we are all at party and a friend of mine said she is cute and wanted to go flirt with her. So i say, not right now, she is dating -----------------. Well she heard mw say the guy''s name and got all in my face taht I was talking smack about her. I just walked away, because she was so drunk and I knew she wouldn''t think that in the morning. Well FI and I are walking home and her friend from out of town, Tina, calls and texts me saying that i''m a piece of s*** and a liar and a horrible person, it was horrible. after three phone calls and a barrage of texts from tina. I call my friend and ask her to stop this. she yells at me that I shouldn''t have given tina my number and that I''m a B**** and everyone hated me.
needless to say it kind of put a damper on my law school graduation...my friend and I became friends the first day of law school and have been inseperatable for the past three years. law school is super stressful and we def. got each other through a lot of it.
well, we apologized later, but I just can''t get over it. i don''t care how mad I am at someone, i would never let someone attack anyone I cared about the way Tina attacked me. and I don''t talk smack about my friends, I may vent to PS and FI, but that is about it. I''m super loyal and she knows that, which is part of why the whole situation bothers me so much. on the surface we are fine...we have hung out since and talk in bar review class, but its just not the same.

So, she will still be invited to the wedding, but I really don''t want her to be my one friend standing up with me. I can ask FI''s sister or my two nieces and get out of it and say pressure came from family to do that. BUt my friends mean so much to me that I really hate to not have one of them standing up there with me. I really want my high school bf or even my law school roommate, who is the one that helped FI with the engagement. Can I get out of this?????

Also, thanks for letting me vent. I haven''t been on PS a lot lately, but I love this site and all of you! You give the best advice and always let me vent and put me in my place when the need arises. THanks so much!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry your "friend" couldn''t control her drunken thoughts long enough to realize how awful she was being to you. Even if it wasn''t intended. It sounds like you are mourning the change of your friendship (with good reason) but that doesn''t mean you should feel the need to include her in your bridal party. It sounds like the relationship should be on the back burner for a while. Perhaps as it gets closer to the wedding, if you find you would really like to include her you could ask her to do a reading?

For what it''s worth, I chose the women to surround me that I felt strongly would still be friends I was close to in twenty years as I looked back through my wedding album.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
What kind of friend is this?

dead her...you don''t need the drama, and you don''t need someone who isn''t a true friend standing up for you. IMO.

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
thank you! yes, it is a mourning of the relationship change.

Ya'll and everyone else giving advice on BMs (other threads) is right...I should be happy that I see whoever I choose in my pictures...5, 10, 50 years from the wedding. I don't think that is this girl. Even if things get more back to normal, it just isn't the same.

my mom even goes, "really? she is such drama." when i mentioned that i had talked to her about it. First warning!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um, yeah. I don''t do drama and most definitely don''t tolerate it. I wouldn''t have her stand up for you, and I''d definitely ask another of your other good friend to be there for you.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
She earned her way out of the role, from my perspective. Do you really see yourself even talking to this girl in 10 years? (From your story, it sounds like you won''t even be talking 10 weeks from now). I wouldn''t ever consider anyone acting this immature and belligerent as a friend, let alone a close enough friend to be a BM. I think you would be fully justified for excluding her.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I''m with Bia, what kind of a friend is she? I would never, ever let anyone verbally abuse any of my friends. I''d drop her.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results