shape
carat
color
clarity

Ahh...Orchids

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay well the one thing that we DO know for sure is that our flowers are going to be orchids. In Kauai they are super cheap! Well dendrobiums are anyway...though our florist has told us that she can pretty much do get us what we want, so I may do a few mixes, but the majority of the flowers will be dendrobiums. I have collected tons of orchid pictures in traveling the web--so here are a few of my favorites that tie in with what we are going to do.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're doing orchids in the drinks...we aren't sure which colors our orchids will be but it may be a blend of white dendrobiums and slightly pale purple ones. Keeping it simple.

orchid in drink.jpeg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of having orchids on the table, but I don't like this particular picture. All our linens etc will be white, chairs white wood, etc. The centerpiece will most likely be a bunch of candles in hurricanes in the middle, and then we are going to strew orchids around the candles in the middle etc.

table orchid.jpeg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this napkin idea with the orchid and the nametags. Very simple and classy and I love the greenery used, we are going to use something similar possibly in our centerpieces with candles...

orchid napkin.jpeg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now these colors are too bright for my taste, but I love the big vase with the wrapped leaves inside....this would look great with a bouquet of simple white and purples..or smaller scale and a few more of them.

orchid centerpiece w wrapped greens in vase.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're not doing the held-up tiers like this but we are having something really similar but smaller. It's a stacked cake, with a string of pearls on bottom like this one has, but only about 2-3 tiers..and smaller, with a few fresh flower orchids scattered around it and on the cake table. In Hawaii they don't like to do fondant so we are having a very smooth buttercream.
1.gif

white cake w purple orchids for constrast look.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this, its SO simple....will try to do something like this and that looks like some of the dresses I have tried on too!
1.gif
very simple.

orchid bouquet 2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh this is pretty too! These are cymbidiums and are about $5 a flower! Yes..insane...but I can get away with mixing them with dendrobiums as seen in previous pic--dendrobiums are all of $0.10 each, woo hoo.

pale pink handtied orchid bouquet.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one is more my style..small and subtle
2.gif

orchid centerpiece.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is actually almost exactly what we want, but without the swirlies on the sides there...just plain smooth sides. I just love the fresh flowers..yummi. Again, a mix of dendrobiums and cymbidiums saves the wallet!

white cake with pink orchids.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Guys will probaly have something like this, but maybe if I choose that bouquet with the simple dress, a white dendrobium and green cymbidium paired up.

Also Greg will wear the traditional wedding lei for the reception!

white orchid bout.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
wow! nice picks! Those flowers look great. Mara you really know your flowers.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ideas Mara! I love planning weddings, and your's is going to be wonderful.

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful. Orchids are by far my very favorite flower.

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous Mara!

Simple and classy

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 11/20/2003 7:48:20 PM Mara wrote:

This one is more my style..small and subtle
2.gif

----------------

Small... those flowers should be bigger than a wine glass!
6.gif
You are planning an amazing wedding Mara!
9.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Sounds gorgeous, Mara.

That flower on the martini glass is a phalaenopsis, by the way. I think the one on the napkin is, too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
glitter...yep that's a phal.
1.gif
I'm not a huge fan of the phals --it will be all dendrobiums with some cymbs!
1.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I see--you'll use dendrobiums & cymbs instead of the phals pictured. Go for it! You'll have a gorgeous wedding!

I want you to wear white orchids in your lovely dark hair. I think the contrast would be beautiful. (I know, I know, you probably already have plans for your headdress.)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
glitter..that is exactly what I am going to do...some orchids in my hair...I have a few pix somewhere, let me see if I can dredge them up...from my hairdresser.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is exactly how I want my hair...I love the lei.

Dianne1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Picture of my hairdresser working on a bride last summer--she has the similar hairstyle and the orchids...with dark hair
1.gif

Dianne2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results