shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany to introduce a new ring - The Bezet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Very modern, very Lucida-y, another success.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the WB, but the er''s do nothing for me.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Etienne Perret did it better IMO.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I looked it up.

This is the closest I could find that she is offering now:

http://www.etienneperret.com/colored-diamond-jewelry/2-0mm-platinum-starlight-band

The diamonds don't look like they are set with as much symmetry as the Tiffany ring.

This is 2.0 and the Tiffany ring is 2.6.

"Better" is a matter of opinion, of course. It's hard to make generalizations about jewelry, however, because one can quickly find out that the options available might bet "better" or "worse" but they are "different".

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
motownmama, I like the WB a lot more than I like the others.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I emailed Tiffany''s customer service with some questions about the wedding band. They asked me to call them so that they could get more information from me. When I called, the customer service representative didn''t know anything about the Bizet ring. She asked me to hold on to speak to a buyer or supervisor and after a few minutes on hold, I finally gave up. I guess it''s so new even they don''t know about it!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
The Bizet band without diamonds is on the website. 2.6 mm for $1,200. That compares to 3.0 mm for the Lucida at $1,025. Then again, I called Cartier the other day and their plain 2.5 mm platinum band is $2,000.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I saw it on their website. The SA I spoke with said it would be offered in 18 kt. yellow gold as well - I was just wondering if it would be 2.6 mm too - guess it would - and what the diamond weight would be. I''m guessing the stones would be similar in size to stones in the etoile. She said it would not be as rounded as some of their other bands and would be more contemporary. I''m just anxious to see that band!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Yep, the gold will most certainly be the same size. If you happen to see the diamond ones posted on their website, please let us know. I'm curious to know what they're going to charge for it.

Their bands (gold and platinum-- $575 for 3 mm gold Lucida) are less than Cartier ($800- something, I forgot, but $800 or more- for gold Cartier 2.5 mm), but Tiffany diamonds, when sold as, I've noticed, pendants, and earrings, are a lot more than Whiteflash (I think these Tiffany products are wildly high). So I'm interested to know if they strike a balance with the Bizet diamond band prices, or if they are going to be on the high side along with the diamond pieces I mentioned.

I think it's nice though. I can't think of anything exactly like it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sure will let you know about pricing if and when I find out. Cartier has a band very similar with diamonds going all the way around - I think it was 2.5 mm - and the stones were tiny. The band was not as hefty as I would have thought and the price was something like 3600! I thought it was outrageous in price and very disappointing in terms of weight of ring and look of stones. Cartier''s website picture was very misleading - the real thing was a real disappointment both in looks and price!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
You know, people complain about Tiffany and Cartier''s platinum band cost almost 2x as much as one from Tiffany that is wider! I called them and got some prices just to see what they would be-- $24,000 Falcon Head of Horus charm! It gave me a good laugh.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be honest, I thought the prices at Cartier and Tiffany would be on par with each other. Wrong. Cartier demands a much higher premium. The store I was in was a small one but to be honest, I didn''t think alot of their pieces looked like they did on their website. It was disappointing. The store was also greatly devoted to their watches - I wanted to see more jewelry!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting this thread! I''ve enjoyed it. I know Tiffany has some detractors, but frankly I''m not one of them. I''ll be interested to see more. Thanks again.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re welcome - I''ve enjoyed it too! Always fun to learn about a new up and coming product.

I will definitely let you know what I find out!

PortlandKelly

Rough_Rock
I got to try on this ring yesterday! 1.7 RB, 1.5 RB and 1.4ish princess cut. I didn''t really like the princess, but I''m not a square gal. The round was lovely! They had just sold the one oval and they didnt have a pear. I also tried on the matching wedding band. I thought the band was really elegant, but it didn''t sit flush with the engagement ring. The 1.5 RB was $21,700, H VS1. The 1.7 was $28,000 G ? I''m visiting San Fran. The sales lady offered to ship it to our Portland store with a 10% discount. I won''t be getting it, but it was sure fun looking!!!
(pardon mistakes, I''m typing this from my cell phone)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/30/2009 10:58:29 AM
Author: PortlandKelly
I got to try on this ring yesterday! 1.7 RB, 1.5 RB and 1.4ish princess cut. I didn''t really like the princess, but I''m not a square gal. The round was lovely! They had just sold the one oval and they didnt have a pear. I also tried on the matching wedding band. I thought the band was really elegant, but it didn''t sit flush with the engagement ring. The 1.5 RB was $21,700, H VS1. The 1.7 was $28,000 G ? I''m visiting San Fran. The sales lady offered to ship it to our Portland store with a 10% discount. I won''t be getting it, but it was sure fun looking!!!
(pardon mistakes, I''m typing this from my cell phone)
Just curious - did the band seem very thin?

PortlandKelly

Rough_Rock
I didn''t find the band to be thin at all. I was expecting it to be delicate. I found it to be not too thin and not too thick, it was "just right". I should also say that I am a size 4.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 1:51:05 PM
Author: DiamondFlame
Bleh. Not impressed. I wouldn''t have guessed these are from Tiffany. The problem is this look have been done by others before and done better by the looks of it. I wonder who''s running their marketing division now...
Yep, I would much rather have a bezeled Asscher from WF -- now that is an interesting look. I do think the bezeled pear is cool, but I would not pay the Tiffany premium for it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2009 12:25:55 AM
Author: PortlandKelly
I didn''t find the band to be thin at all. I was expecting it to be delicate. I found it to be not too thin and not too thick, it was ''just right''. I should also say that I am a size 4.
Thanks for the info. Cartier has a similar band on their website but when I went to see it, it looked far less substantial than it did in their pictures. I can''t wait to get to Tiffany''s to see it - life just keeps getting in the way!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results