shape
carat
color
clarity

Not enough time?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessClyde

Rough_Rock
Hi guys! My boyfriend and I are going to be engaged soon (as soon as he buys the ring and proposes!) but we''re trying to decide when to get married.
I really wanted to get married next September, but since we''re still not engaged, I think that may be just too soon to plan a wedding.
What do you all think?
It won''t be a super extravagant wedding, but not just a simple boring one either. I want fancy and romantic, but I''m also big on saving money and I''m a huge planner! Can we pull it off in 9 months or less? Or should we hold off a few months?
Just curious!

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
I think since you aren't engaged yet - and you don't know WHEN it is going to happen. Just let time run it's course. I know it's hard..I had everything planned out pretty much ahead of time. I am having a Sept 04 wedding and got engaged this past Oct 17th. But because I was engaged previously, I know who I wanted to work with already and already had built relationships with them.

Unless you know who you want for a reception hall, a photographer, videographer, DJ, and Florist- and you know they are ALL free on the date you want, then I would wait longer. Also you may want to wait longer to save some $ for all the expenses that come along with it all, that aren't paid for by either of your families.

Depending on where you live, places get booked way in advance. I'm not saying it CAN'T be done - but why rush and take only what you can get from the vendors who haven't booked your date yet with anyone else? If you live in a warmer climate - there is nothing wrong with having a Nov or Dec wedding, or later? If you are like me and live in New England, you have less options for nice weather - but a winter wedding is nice too, and probably cheaper!

Take your time and do everything right. Unless you want a quickie wedding without a lot of fuss, just let nature take it's course and when you are actually engaged, then you can pick a date that you think will work great for the both of you.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
My wife and I had a fancy hotel wedding and pulled it off in just over 7 months. But the hotel just happened to have a cancellation the morning we showed up--beyond that, they were booked for a year and a half! So it was either take that date and do what we could in 7 months or wait. We really wanted to do it there, for various sentimental reasons I won't go into, but we didn't want to wait 18 months. So we took the date and somehow made it work. But it wasn't easy. Everything went off beautifully, but in retrospect, I wish we had had more time.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can definitely pull it off! Depends on what you want to do, but if you start thinking about ideas now, you will be ready when it happens. But alot of places may be booked depending on your area, so you may have to get really creative about your choices!
1.gif
Or you can do what we did...a destination wedding, you can pull those off easily with just a smaller circle of friends and family within 7 months and the destination places are usually so flexible, it really helps with the planning.
2.gif
Good luck!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I dont see why you have to wait to plan the wedding. If you're uncomfortable with being engaged without the ring, keep the planning under wraps.
Up_to_something.gif

My fiance & I knew we wanted to get married in May of 2004. So in June of 2002, we spoke with the priest at the church in my district & booked the date. In the meantime I had joined DT & PS in May of 2002 to learn more about diamonds. We also went looking at banquet halls. In Nov. 2002 we booked our hall & chose our menu.
naughty.gif
Keep in mind, NO ONE knew about our plans. It was wonderful to have this secret only the 2 of us shared. My stone was picked up in Dec. 2002, & my setting was delivered for Feb.2003. It was mounted, my fiance proposed on Feb.7th, & that weekend we told everyone.
appl.gif
Let me tell you how shocked they were to find out that the hall & church were booked & booked for a while. hahaha We didnt keep it private cause I didnt have my e-ring, we kept it private so we had absolutely no outside interference.
2.gif

Do whats right for you.

Judy
:)

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
My story is a lot like Judy's.

We started planning in August and kept it secret until we got officially engaged on Nov. 2. We knew it was happening and knew we wanted to be married in summer or fall 04 so we just hit the ground running.
I am so glad we did it that way.
We have everything booked and planned down to menus and cake flavors and flowers and dresses.
All we have left are the minor details and the wedding is in August!
But I am a psycho planner and time management freak. TV? Sitting on the couch? Not me!
So in three months we pretty much planned everything - but we had been talking about getting married for months and knew the type of wedding we wanted - which made finding everything really easy. We already knew what we were looking for.
I think it's really a personal decision. You can do it if you make the time and you aren't a wishy washy person who will change her mind every two seconds or contemplate napkins for two weeks.
Know what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results