shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s for Lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Today I'm having a smoked salmon, goat cheese and watercress on pumpernickel . Soooo good and something different, which I why I am loving it.

I also made a cucumber and tomato salad because I like to get the veggies in whenever I can. Plus I love cucumbers!
18.gif

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
I mostly do leftovers. If we have a lean protein for dinner, I have it over greens with other vegetables for lunch. Or if we have pasta (which I always pair with protein and veg), I just bring a small container of that.

Yesterday I had:
- 5-6 Leftover prawns (baked with garlic, cayenne, S&P and a bit of EVOO)
- Leftover steamed asparagus
- Raw carrots, celery and bell pepper dipped in a red pepper-white bean dip

Today I'll have:
- Can of tuna packed in olive oil (drained - SO much better than tuna packed in water and not really that many more cals)
- Baby spinach with EVOO and balsamic
- Raw carrots, celery and bell pepper

I do lots of salads, raw veg, steamed veg and then just throw in a protein. Hardboiled eggs are good for this too. Often I have a bunch of smaller 'snacky' things like above. You could also include nuts, raw fruit, cottage cheese, yogurt... I'm a fan of easy things.

Another fave of mine is mixing the tuna in olive oil with canned chickpeas, with veg on the side. Tuna & chickpeas go well together.

I tend not to have very large lunches b/c I have a sedentary desk job and find I am just not that hungry midday. Also, I have a snack late afternoon before heading to the gym. Then at home, I have a large dinner post-workout. Dinner is my big meal of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results