shape
carat
color
clarity

Some new pearls!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Slowly, ever so slowly, I''m building up my pearl collection. I have a 16" strand of 6-7 mm white pearls (no idea what kind, they were my mom''s), 6-7 mm studs (again, no idea), 7-8 mm Tahitian black pearl studs (these are all in Show me your pearls), and now I''m building up a freshwater collection.

So for my friend''s wedding, the bridesmaids'' jewelry were to be pearl studs and pendants. So I splurged a bit and got a 8-9 mm AAA white pearl pendant from the Pearl Outlet and 8-9 mm Freshadama studs from PearlParadise. I also got a AA+ 6-7 mm pink pearl bracelet from PearlParadise for my friend''s (who got married a week ago) bridal shower gift. And my other friend, who was also a bridesmaid, got a 6-7 mm AAA pendant for the wedding (which I ordered, so I have pics of!).

Next up on my list to buy is either a bigger strand (7-8 mm Freshadamas) or a 7-8 mm AAA freshwater 36" strand. Can''t decide!

So first, my 8-9 mm pendant.

BEGAAAFreshwaterPendant890a.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Another

BEGAAAFreshwaterPendant891.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Neck shot

BEGAAAFreshwaterPendant892.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
The Freshadama studs.

BEGFreshadamaStuds891.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ear shot!

BEGFreshadamaStuds893.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
And the other ear

BEGFreshadamaStuds894.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
The bracelet for my friend

BEGFreshwaterPinkBracelet67.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
My studs and pendant

BEGStudsPendant.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
The bracelet and my studs.

BEGBraceletStuds.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
The two pendants, the studs, and the bracelet.

BEGStudsPendantsBracelet.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brown.eyed.girl, beautiful collection
36.gif
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
They''re gorgeous!!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hi BEG! I''ve been wondering where you''ve been lately - nice to see you! I love your growing collection, and as usual, you''re waaaay ahead of me. I''ve been wanting a new pendant and earrings too. Can you tell much difference between the AAA pendant and the Freshadama earrings? I''m still wavering on what to buy. Dang, if they hadn''t started this new forum, I wouldn''t even be thinking about pearls right now! Oh, one more question: do you have any problems with the 8-9mm studs sitting properly on the ear? My 8mm button earrings are fine, but I''m worried that a rounder shape might droop a bit.

Hope you''re doing well, and can''t wait to see which necklace you end up with!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Pretty! I love freshadamas! I just bought some for my mom and grandma for mother''s day and they are so pretty! I''ll have to get some for me next!
31.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful collection!!
36.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I love your new pieces! Especially the simplicity of the pendant. Do you see a difference between the AAA and the Freshadama?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 10:59:11 PM
Author: szh07
I love your new pieces! Especially the simplicity of the pendant. Do you see a difference between the AAA and the Freshadama?
Great question! I''ve been wondering this too.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 10:05:06 AM
Author: Skippy123
Brown.eyed.girl, beautiful collection
36.gif
30.gif

Thanks Skippy!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 10:57:05 AM
Author: geckodani
They''re gorgeous!!!

Thanks Geckodani!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 1:55:55 PM
Author: cellentani
Hi BEG! I''ve been wondering where you''ve been lately - nice to see you! I love your growing collection, and as usual, you''re waaaay ahead of me. I''ve been wanting a new pendant and earrings too. Can you tell much difference between the AAA pendant and the Freshadama earrings? I''m still wavering on what to buy. Dang, if they hadn''t started this new forum, I wouldn''t even be thinking about pearls right now! Oh, one more question: do you have any problems with the 8-9mm studs sitting properly on the ear? My 8mm button earrings are fine, but I''m worried that a rounder shape might droop a bit.

Hope you''re doing well, and can''t wait to see which necklace you end up with!

Hi Cellentani! I''ve been reading all the posts, but with the year wrapping up, it''s been a little busy. I should''ve put these pics up a while ago!

Cellentani, you should totally get a new pendant and earrings. I don''t wear the pendant as much because the chain it came with is super fine, and I''m scared it''ll snap (I had that happen to me years ago and nearly lost my pendant) so until I replace the chain, it''ll be safe in my jewelry box for a while. But I wear my studs all the time!

I actually can''t really tell a difference, other than that the studs have a tiny little bit extra luster. I would, with a clean conscience, buy AAA in a heartbeat and not worry about quality...but if I had the choice of the Freshadama and the cost difference wasn''t too great, I''d get those.

My 8-9 mm don''t droop...but they''re the very largest I could go I think without drooping. The post and clasp on the studs are sturdy though, so that helps a bit I think.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 2:40:46 PM
Author: Kelli
Pretty! I love freshadamas! I just bought some for my mom and grandma for mother''s day and they are so pretty! I''ll have to get some for me next!
31.gif

Hi Kelli! Thanks! I saw your thread about the overtones and getting the Freshadama set - I hope you get it soon!

I so wish that there was a 36" Freshadama strand. I''d get that in an instant.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 3:18:56 PM
Author: chiquitapet
Beautiful collection!!
36.gif

Thanks Chiquitapet!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 10:59:11 PM
Author: szh07

Thanks Szh07! I don''t really see a difference - they''re both beautiful! I think the studs have a teeny bit more luster, but it''s noticeable only when right next to each other.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
boy that sure is gorgeous,, there is a slight pink to it no? its gorgeous pearl.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 2:15:45 PM
Author: D&T
boy that sure is gorgeous,, there is a slight pink to it no? its gorgeous pearl.

Thanks D&T! Which one? The studs and pendants are all silver overtoned white, and then the bracelet is pink overtoned pink/peach pearls.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pearls!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 5:54:43 PM
Author: innerkitten
Beautiful pearls!

Thanks IK!

john2009

Rough_Rock
the bracelet is gorgeous.
i guess i''ll have one to my wife.
30.gif

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
I love pearls! They are so classy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results