shape
carat
color
clarity

Ebay Ring Photoshoot - keep or return?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Guys,
Some of you may remember that I won an ebay setting from a questionable seller, Jewe2004. I received it today and did a photoshoot for you guys to look at. I would love to hear your opinions about the setting. If I keep it, I plan to set a spinel in it (you''ll see that too).
Thank you in advance for your input!

j0041.jpg

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock

j0043.jpg

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock

j0045.jpg

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock

j0046.jpg

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
and finally with the spinel (with a fingerprint, sorry!)

j0042.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the setting but the melee doesnt seem to be of the best quality
7.gif

I would keep it depending on:

1) Am I happy with the cost I paid compared with the quality I received? Is it good enough?
2) Do I love it when I look at it with the spinel setting in it? ...or later on am
I going to look at it and wish I had stepped up the quality a little?

Let us know what you think?

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Is that a micropave halo setting? I''m not sure if the pic is blurry or if the paveset little diamonds need a little cleaning but it is a lovely setting. Platinum or WG?

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
The melee look pretty awful and I "think" the prong head is set crooked in the halo (prongs not perpendicular to the shank of the ring).

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2009 1:30:09 PM
Author: purrfectpear
The melee look pretty awful and I ''think'' the prong head is set crooked in the halo (prongs not perpendicular to the shank of the ring).
That''s what jumped out at me, too.

I think that if there''s a question in your mind as to whether you should keep it, then you need to return it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Returning to China is cumbersome and expensive, so depending on what you paid for it, I would make my decision based on that.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
The prongs would be my first issue, but I wonder if you could bezel the spinel in that setting if you had the prongs removed?

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much for your input! I really appreciate it. I did not want to post my thoughts until I got yours, but I''m pretty unhappy with it. I didn''t really expect much, especially after seeing yingh''s comments about the seller (jewe2004).
tyty, I agree, the melee is not good at all
diamondflame, it is a wg setting and I''m not sure if it needs to be cleaned or not, but I would venture a guess that the stones stink and it''s perfectly clean
3.gif

purrfect, the prong head is most definitely crooked. That is the first thing I noticed.
musey, I couldn''t agree more, I don''t want to have to convince myself to love it. I wanted to right out of the box!
tl, I''m not sure if I''ll return it for the shipping factor too. I paid $160 total... you definitely get what you pay for.
Lauren, I didn''t think about bezeling it... I''m not sure I would do that with the spinel, it''s dark to begin with, but maybe another stone.
So with the cost of the setting, the annoyances of returning to China, and the fact that I''m not happy with it, should I go through the hassel of returning it?
Thanks again everyone, you are all wonderful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results