shape
carat
color
clarity

veil prices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
I have no clue what the price of a veil is. How much is a designer cathedral length veil. Like a Vera Wang...

EmptyLeftHand

Shiny_Rock
Obviously not comparing like-with-like, but my veil is $220. It is a finger-tip veil, trimmed with silk-satin. Made by Paloma Blanca.
I guess there is quite a price range though!!!

Kellybell

Shiny_Rock
I tried on several Toni Federici veils (this was the brand carried in the Monique Lhuillier flagship salon...so I think this counts as designer) that were cathedral length. I don''t remember the exact prices, but the ones with lace details were over $1,000.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really depends. You can find used designer veils for a lot less than in the bridal shops. You can also have something that looks designer made online by a few good rep companies for a fraction of the cost. Or you can be like me and buy one kinda as a joke for 9.00 shipped and be flabbergasted when it actually is a really nice veil, and looks perfect!

So, it really depends on what your looking for. I think recall someone buying one from a high end store in NYC somewhere and it running 500.00...I can easily see that if its designer, and I can see more if its cathedrial length with any lace or beading.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cathedral mantilla lace veil by Paloma Blanca is 600 CAD. I think Vera Wang would be much more!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Designer veils can be a LOT. Especially at a bridal store like redrose said.

Try www.obridal.com (Occansey designs). I bought 2 from her and they were great and reasonably priced.

I got a plain edge cathedral length for 80. My other cathedral length with lace edge was 200, and that was the best price I found. I tried on some Pronovias ones that were well into the 800's and 900's where I got my dress.

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
They had a Vera and a couple of Dior''s on display at the salon where I bought my dress. The Vera i saw was square-cut, and pretty simple (maybe to match one of her dresses? I''m not sure, I skipped trying on the Vera dresses, so I wouldn''t have a clue). But, that one was $2,500. The Dior, which was a plain, 2-layer, cut edge, standard fullness regular bridal tulle veil (not silk or anything) was $1,100.

I Really didn''t like anything I saw out at the shops. I ended up ordering a really long, drop-veil with no embellishments, and a cut edge. There''s not even a comb, it will have to be hat-pinned to my headpiece for the ceremony. It was $90 at veilshop online. It looks better than the other things I tried on, and I don''t feel too bad not wearing it all night (I want to remove it after the ceremony/pictures). If i had blown a wad of cash on a veil, I think I''d feel guilty not wearing it all night, because seriously, when can I ever wear it again n my life?

EmptyLeftHand

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 11:33:57 AM
Author: Mediterranean
They had a Vera and a couple of Dior''s on display at the salon where I bought my dress. The Vera i saw was square-cut, and pretty simple (maybe to match one of her dresses? I''m not sure, I skipped trying on the Vera dresses, so I wouldn''t have a clue). But, that one was $2,500. The Dior, which was a plain, 2-layer, cut edge, standard fullness regular bridal tulle veil (not silk or anything) was $1,100.

I Really didn''t like anything I saw out at the shops. I ended up ordering a really long, drop-veil with no embellishments, and a cut edge. There''s not even a comb, it will have to be hat-pinned to my headpiece for the ceremony. It was $90 at veilshop online. It looks better than the other things I tried on, and I don''t feel too bad not wearing it all night (I want to remove it after the ceremony/pictures). If i had blown a wad of cash on a veil, I think I''d feel guilty not wearing it all night, because seriously, when can I ever wear it again n my life?

I agree. If you spend $$$ on it you will maybe feel obliged to wear it all night. And on honeymoon. And at home when you''re doing the ironing...

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I wore a simple 1 layer cathedral length vera wang veil and it was $500.

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
I purchased a chapel length mantilla veil by Monique Lhuilllier for $800.00. The quality is fantastic (I tried on M A N Y ). I can''t wait to wear it!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Mine was 170? Simple satin trim, not designer, as far as I know... Just something I picked up at the bridal shop. There were some in excess of $800, though.

I don''t know... didn''t pay too much attention to it & wanted something inexpensive (Um... I never thought I''d say three feet of mesh @ $170 was inexpensive)
3.gif

I think purchasing offline can be a *bit* risky, though. Perhpas go to a bridal salon, find some you like, and seek out similar styles online. I''m thinking of a particular Bridezilla episode with a crazy NJ (I think?) bride who was re-marrying her ex-husband. She purchased a veil offline and it came in bright white instead of ivory, and she freaked the f*c! out, ripping the $200 veil to shreds...
38.gif
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results